Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Upsidedown
    Participant

@Rapha, it was just the normal advice line. He got straight through and spoke to someone who put him through to the progress team without even asking for his PEX number.

Are you not eligible for an urgent upgrade? I have seen people on this forum have success going to their local office and queuing when their flights are so soon. Or you could try the upgrade team (I have seen the address for Durham posted here) and attach your proof of flight.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Agree re chaos – the Australian passport office here is also getting a lot of criticism for long delays etc. You would think it would be obvious to the “powers that be” that there would be high demand once travel opened up.

TCL
    Participant

@Rapha the e-mail address shared somewhere on here was durhamupgrade@hmpo.gov.uk

bobokitty
    Participant

I’ve just called again. It was a glitch in the system, many customers are receiving the notice but she assured me it hasn’t gone backwards. Told me to call again in an hour to try and reach the customer service management team.
    Am really getting nowhere sadly !

Richie
    Participant

Received my passport today DHL Overseas on line Digital Application. Durham Office

Application Submitted 9:04 am 5th May
    Application received 9:04 am 5th May
    Old Passport signed for Durham 10:36 am 6th May
    Old Passport received 7:26 am 1st June
    Approved 5:36 pm 8th June
    Printed 4:48 am 10th June
    Delivered 2:45 pm 15th June (DHL)

photo taken by myself (Selfie) with IPhone, was a little concerned this may have failed checks but passed through
    i was just as concerned as most on this forum but found great support from those that contributed.

absolutely delighted it arrived today and also feel for all those going through the trauma of still waiting to receive theirs, keep phoning and asking for progress and if that that fails turn up at the PO for assistance if your living in the UK, i did not have the option to fast track or turn up in person as I’m living in Europe so had to rely on the system, but fair play to HMPO 5.5 weeks from start to finish

good luck everyone who needs theirs urgently for visiting sick relatives, Happy Holidays and Business trips

Top Tip from another @Caz 86 anyone receiving their passports via DHL do download the DHL express App and enter you address otherwise you may not get delivery dates and time. special thanks to @SingaporeDon who’s advice was just brilliant.

packing my suitcase now….

lnf103
    Participant

Finally received passport in the mail, our holiday this week will not be ruined!!

Paper Application Submitted via Post Office: 31 March
    Email Response to Progress Inquiry: 27 April, stating that documents were received
    (A million calls this week asking for upgrade with travel 17 June)
    Printed: 10th June
    Delivered: 15th June

Because we did a paper application I think it took wayyyyy longer than it would have otherwise. Just happy to have received it in time for our holiday!

bobokitty
    Participant

Congrats!! Exciting news!
    Wishing we could get ours figured! We applied March 30 online, said processing since April 27 as well.

Nimmy
    Participant

Yes it’s definitely a glitch, but I guess it won’t be fixed soon as it’s been over a day and it’s still showing as “Docs Received” for me! Are you also in Canada or the USA and waiting for your passport? Are you waiting for your supporting documents to be sent back? As I’ve been reading and as far as I’m aware, they don’t send the supporting docs right away. They send the UK passport first and then your old passport.

bobokitty
    Participant

In the USA with a trip booked
    To Canada for June 21 . Waiting on new passport

bobokitty
    Participant

Am currently on hold with HMPO again as we speak. Trying to get answers or speak to customer service management team. This is becoming very ridiculous

Nimmy
    Participant

Sadly I’ve been sending 5 emails a day to this email address and have had no reply. I’ve been sending copy/paste email of the same since Monday evening. It’s been 2 days now and no reply to my dozens of emails lol. I’ve just lost hope now and it seems like I’ll have to cancel another vacation pretty soon. This is ridiculous and I’d highly urge anyone who is looking into applying for a first adult UK passport, Do NOT do it at this time. Wait another year or so for this to pass.

Nimmy
    Participant

I’m so sorry @bobokitty that you have to go through this so soon before your vacation. Unfortunately I wish I could give you some hope, but I was in the same boat as you back in Mid April (I was calling everyday 2x a day for 5days straight), I even went as far as waking up at 3am EST (Toronto time) to be the first in queue when the HMPO line opened up, I got through and everybody I’ve spoken to is nice no doubt but there is NO consistency in information. I’ve been told I had to write written letters in order to request my supporting docs back, I did. Twice. And I got nothing back in return or reply lol. I don’t have the time to keep calling in between my day job and my life lol, so I gave up close to the end of May, I had to postpone my travel to New York because of it. As I didn’t have my Canada passport 🙁

bobokitty
    Participant

Don’t even care about old docs. Just need the new passport. This is completely nuts. There is no consistency and no one is helpful at all

Rapha
    Participant

Ah, right you are @upsidedown, it was the phrase ‘Progress Team’ that piqued my interest as I thought hold, up, Progress? I’ve not heard of that before!

Rapha
    Participant

Thanks @TCL

Yes, I’ve emailed all the Upgrade Teams (once!) this afternoon. I thought the Progress Team might have been another email address!

Let’s see if I get a response. Nothing by way of auto-acknowledgement so far. Seems they don’t go in for that kind of thing. 🧐

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.