Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    bobokitty
    Participant

YAY! Good to hear! We’ve been in processing since 27 April. Applied 30 March. So this week is week 12. Praying I get some answers

Psymatter
    Participant

Overseas adult renewal from Ireland 45 days from application to receipt of new passport – would have been 40 days if I was at home when it first went out for delivery. Old passport waiting 19 days in the post room was the longest part, then another week until they rejected my first photo (too blurred as I accidentally uploaded the wrong file, but was rated as “Good” on the application page). New photo approved the next day then passport printed the following day.

Thankfully much quicker than headlines in the media and some of the ones I’ve seen on here, I hope everyone who is still waiting gets theirs sorted out soon and in time for travel.

06/05/2022 Online Overseas Renewal Application
    07/05/2022 Old passport posted
    12/05/2022 Tracking showed old passport delivered
    01/06/2022 Old passport receipt acknowledged
    08/06/2022 Photo rejected, New photo sent
    09/06/2022 Approved
    10/06/2022 Printed and posted
    14/06/2022 Received tracking number
    15/06/2022 Out for delivery – Rescheduled for 20th June
    20/06/2022 New passport received

Passnos
    Participant

Two quick questions:

1. Have there been cases where they ship the supporting documents first if you’re applying from abroad (Canada / US?) It doesn’t seem like they ship them together given all the other datapoints posted here from other abroad applicants.

2. Are passports printed in London?

So the passport was printed last Thursday. Signed up for DHL app and got a notification about a pickup from London UK today. I assumed this was the passport being pick up with #waybill no1.

But I just received an email from DHL saying they’ve received “my supporting documents from Her Majesty’s Passport Office” to ship back. It’s the same #waybill no1 as the pickup i thought was the passport.

So I’m confused if they’re sending the supporting documents first then passport which is annoying… as I need the passport first. Though I’d have assumed the documents are still in Durham?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Passnos.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Passnos.
    Nimmy
    Participant

@passnos, quick question first; are you applying for a first adult passport? Are you applying from canada/ USA? Just asking in terms of timelines, because I’ve not found too many people in this forum in the same situation as me (first time applicant, Canadian applicant and docs received back in April). Just trying to ballpark a timeframe for myself.

Anyways, further to your question about DHL, I got this from their website: DHL will usually make 2 separate deliveries. One will be to deliver your new passport and the other will be to deliver the supporting documents that you sent with your passport application. There may be a rare occasion where we are able to send you your new passport and supporting documents in the same package.

Your passport and supporting documents will normally be delivered separately and may be several days apart.

Passnos
    Participant

It’s a renewal of lost passport and was applying from Canada as well. How long did it take for you get your passport? I assume you got your passport first then documents.

Just checked and DHL says there’s an exception on the delivery and now it’s on hold. When i contacted an agent they said it’s just on hold for the next flight. But the automated system seems to think maybe info is missing. Also, why would they say the “shipment is on hold”? it’s confusing so confusing.

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Nimmy we are first time applicants in Australia, application submitted 18 Feb but documents not marked received till 13 April.

I know someone who applied back in January from here and got her passport very quickly, interestingly interview was not required.

Nimmy
    Participant

@passnos, I’ve not received my UK passport yet, let alone my Canadian! My application was showing Docs Received as of April 16, moved into processing stage May 14. I called today because it’s been 10 weeks my docs have been received and no movement. I had to postpone my flight to USA because I had no passport on hand. I was wondering what situation you’re in, but yours is different as it’s a renewal so they have your prior application / info on file it would seem!!

Nimmy
    Participant

@Upsidedown Oh dear since February.. that’s a quite a long time. Did you call their advice line at all? Did they give any insight as to why it’s taking so long for you?
    Unfortunately, this entire process has been nothing short of a nightmare for me, however, today’s phone call was a little promising than the rest lol. They said overseas applications are being processed within 10-12 weeks, but yours is the same as mine, it’s at 10 weeks. Mine were marked received on April 16.

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Nimmy it took 4 weeks between them signing for our documents and being officially received. Two weeks after being flipped to “processing” we got an email which said “we don’t accept photocopies, please send us your original birth certificate”. Three years ago, when applying for our daughter’s UK passport, my husband couldn’t find his original (handwritten) birth certificate and we had to get a new one reissued, which was accepted for her application with no problem (and also has been accepted for his Australian passport) this time they have decided to query it. They also wanted the document he came to his current country on, since it is not the country of his birth (this document no longer exists as it was one of his parents’ passports 50 years ago). When he phoned to tell them this he was asked to send it to them in a letter. That letter was received by them on 24 May according to tracking, then on 30 May he got another email complaining that he had not responded and threatening to cancel the application if it didn’t arrive by 20 June. This time there was an email address so he emailed back a copy of the letter and said it is already there. We haven’t heard anything from them since, not even an acknowledgement of the email, which I think is a bit rude considering the threat of non-refundable cancellation. He phoned last week and was told it is with an examiner and they could see the letter had arrived, but there has been no follow up at all.

Cya
    Participant

Hi All

From my personal experience, there’s only one way to guarantee you’ll get your passport in time (provided that you’ve had an application in for at least 6 weeks)

Call your local travel agent and get a booking itinerary in your name for an upcoming date, send this to the relevant passport office for an urgent upgrade and/or visit your nearest passport office. State you’re travelling in 48 hours and things escalate quickly (for a fee).

The safest way is to book a very cheap flight abroad (e.g £10 to Milan) and use that as proof. Itinerary worked for me.

Your passport should be printed that day or next at latest. Hope this helps

bobokitty
    Participant

That absolutely does NOT work. We’re still waiting for approval and flight was yesterday. Been waiting 12 weeks

Cya
    Participant

It absolutely does for everyone I know. It also has to be for an “emergency”, not so you can top your tan up. (Thought that would be common sense)

Sometimes the energy you put out there is what you get back. Peace

Nimmy
    Participant

@cya, it may have worked for you and everyone you know but it does not mean it will work for everyone you don’t know lol. The people in this forum all have their own personal reasons as to why they need their passports so urgently (myself included). It’s a bit rude to entail that someone would do that to “top their tan up.” Also what you have written in your post is to blatantly lie to HMPO and book a quick flight and show that as proof lol.
    Also, you need to understand that not everyone in this forum is applying from Europe. That includes myself and @bobokitty. We don’t have the option to book cheap flights (even if we wanted to), it costs a hell of a lot more than 10 euros to go to the nearest province here.
    We all have our own personal reasons that we deem urgent, and if that means for someone to “top their tan up,” then so be it- it is none of anyones business and surely not correct to judge.
    Just be nice and spread that positivity you’re trying to put out.

bobokitty
    Participant

APPLICATION APPROVED!!!! Waiting to be printed and then shipped to us!!! We will update as received!!!

Upsidedown
    Participant

That’s great news @bobokitty!

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.