Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    jespop30
    Participant

I wouldn’t be so bothered if they can’t link my application and needed to see my marriage certificate, but would be nice for an update. 21 days in processing and counting.
    Does it do anyone elses head in that you get told different things? One agent has said as my application has been approved they might not be able to link my application to my son’s, but then a few agents have said that the passport office keep the documents that are scanned into the system for a while even if I can’t access my application anymore

lauraf1991
    Participant

I feel like I’ve just got the slowest examiner of all time!

How was yours sent to print in half an hour conz1234?! And mine – nothing.

If I didn’t laugh I would cry.

bettydove1
    Participant

Just spoke to TNT/FedEx about delivery as was told mine was printed last Friday and still have no info on tracking. They say they are getting a lot of calls about passports at the moment and that they simply haven’t picked up the passports and that the notification from HMPO saying “printed and sent” is automatic and doesn’t mean that the delivery service actually has the passports…
    Changed my flights to Sunday hoping that was plenty of time to receive my passport but now worried it won’t even be picked up by then!!

wastedoranges
    Participant

I’ve had one of the three passports I applied for back. Application printed and posted Tuesday March 1 and it arrived Saturday March 5 – tracking was only sent on the morning of and they TNT just posted it straight through the door about 3pm

lauraf1991
    Participant

I just don’t believe a single word these people say anymore!

Just received another call from complaints (they’ve clearly got to the point where I was emailing everyday) to say there is nothing they can do to speed a passport delivery up once it’s approved. Thanks complaints!

jespop30
    Participant

Lauraf1991 – know what you mean. I’ve rang countless times and today is the first day someone told me that on the 10th February I was sent an email requesting my marriage certificate, which is strange as documents were logged at half 5 that afternoon, and application hadn’t gone into processing for another 6 days, so don’t believe that. Hopefully I hear more in the next 24 hours as the examiner has been emailed asking what is the hold up basically, oh and that was after I was told it wasn’t with an examiner yet, even though I’ve been told loads it is with an examiner. It’s more frustrating that they don’t all tell you the same thing. I can’t fault then for the other 4 passports I have done recently, but completely lost faith in them for this passport

lauraf1991
    Participant

24 hours to print they said…nothing

jespop30
    Participant

Maybe as yours was approved late, it will be printed tomorrow.
    I have completely lost faith. I have 25 days till we travel but have no faith at all, and I applied in January

sunshine
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I’m also stressing about my passport application!

Application sent – February 20th
    Documents sent – February 24th
    Still waiting for documents to show as uploaded even though the Royal Mail tracking shows them to be delivered on February 25th.

I am thinking to get a 1 week fast track appointment and report my passport as stolen?! Has anyone done this ?? I am travelling at the end of the month and this has been beyond stressful! I don’t trust them to send my original passport/wedding certificate back in time for me to make my own appointment, so I’m thinking the only thing I can do is report it as lost? Anyone with any advice?

Thank you 🙂

jespop30
    Participant

Sunshine – no advice unfortunately but I am stressing too, due to fly on 4th April and my son’s first passport has been in processing since 16th February

lauraf1991
    Participant

I reckon it will be tomorrow but that means it will probably miss the post in the morning. So will probably be sent out the next day and arrive sometime Saturday. So impossible to book a new flight with that level of uncertainty.

It honestly doesn’t make sense though as they approved Conz1234 at 2.30pm and sent it to print at 3pm – that was a full 15 -16 hours after mine was approved.

My advice would be to fast track your passport in any way you can Sunshine. This has been a horrific fortnight.

sunshine
    Participant

Does anyone know how I can cancel my application??

And I’m assuming the 1 week ones come in a week!!!

pavilion89
    Participant

Sunshine – I enquired about this today. You have to send a letter to the same address you sent your old passport to, outlining your application number and reason for cancellation. You won’t get a refund. Your documents probably won’t be returned quick enough (that’s what I was told – im travelling 4th April).

Also, the advisor strongly advised waiting until the old passport returns before going to a fast track appointment. Reporting a passport as lost, when it isn’t actually lost, could be considered fraud and getting caught doing that would arguably be worse than missing a holiday! Not what people want to hear I know but I think it’s the bitter truth here

sunshine
    Participant

Thanks pavilion89!

My application still says ‘send us your documents’, despite me sending them a week ago, so it could be said that they’ve been lost in the post? Until they are uploaded onto the system, they could be lost for all I know?

Have your documents been uploaded onto the system?

pooooo
    Participant

Hi Sunshine,
    I can echo what Pavilion89 said. I was also told to send a letter but to request documents back could still take a month – but there is a chance they would speedily send them back but it is not a guarantee. They also mentioned it’s an average of 8 days to have documents received uploaded onto the system and that it doesn’t necessarily mean your application isn’t getting sorted. The timeline doesn’t always match what’s happening (I don’t know if I believe that or not?)

In regards to the 1 week turnaround I would plan a couple weeks. I read somewhere somebody was waiting a little longer to receive theirs. My own experience for my daughters was 8 or 9 days before I received can’t quite remember.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.