Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    sana
    Participant

@lauraf1991 could you please send your timeline of your application please I am still in process since 3rd march when do you think I could get it ?

Adult renewal

warren1129
    Participant

We have had a phone back, saying it can take upto 10 weeks, couldn’t tell me anymore.
    Been 8 weeks now

Timeline is

Application submitted 12th January
    Application recieved 16th January
    Documents recieved 24th January
    Application being processed 11th February…

Now it’s been like that for 26 days now…………..

kelso
    Participant

Hi all, wee update
    Child renewal No.1 –
    RM signed for on 25 Feb
    Application received8:25pm on 23 February
    Identity details received8:25pm on 23 February
    Application submitted5:08pm on 23 February

Still awaiting update to say docs received – this is to Hemel Hempstead office

Child renwal No.2 –
    Documents received2:39pm on 8 March
    Rm signed for on 28 Feb
    Application received4:11pm on 23 February
    Application submitted4:11pm on 23 February

Bootle office

Question – if my docs have been received can I cancel the whole process and request they be returned and go for a 1 week processing?

I’m at the point I don’t care what it costs, I just need them, mainly for my own sanity?

jespop30
    Participant

My son’s has been 6 weeks tomorrow since they recieved the application, and I am getting fed up, does not take this long surely

jespop30
    Participant

Kelso – it’s taking 8 working days for them to log documents, hopefully they do it today for you

lauraf1991
    Participant

My timeline so far Sana:

Application submitted: 7th Feb
    Application received: 7th Feb
    Documents received: 18th Feb
    Application being processed: 21st Feb
    Application approved:9pm 8th March

I have called everyday and I’m not sure it made any difference. The man yesterday said it was more like 6 weeks and there was no specific order so it is just luck of the draw.

8 days for documents to be uploaded
    14-21 days for processing
    5 days awaiting examination (still shows as in process)
    2-5 days in examination (still shows as in process)
    3 days print and send

So I’ve missed my flight probably by 2/3 days.

jms
    Participant

@lauraf1991

8 days for documents to be uploaded

Is that 8 working days or calendar days?

Bootle signed for my Special Delivery on 28/02, making today 8th working day or 10th day total and the tracking status still shows “Send your documents”.

Reading everyone’s posts makes me so frustrated – I really feel for all of you/us.

And I am super annoyed that they also need other countries’ passports for the renewal – leaving me without any travel document whatsoever…

magnic
    Participant

I have called again this morning and spoke to a very helpful lady. Mine has been showing documents received (child renewal) since 15th February. She checked for me and has confirmed its with an examiner now. Feeling slightly more optimistic as judging be everyone else on here I may get approved next week. I’m just hoping no queries are raised as we need it mid April.

Hope you all hear soon

jespop30
    Participant

Magnic – the lady I spoke to yesterday has emailed the examiner asking what the hold up is, so I’m hoping that means it with an examiner too

pavilion89
    Participant

Called the passport advice line today. The lady seemed to think I might get my passport before 4th April given the wait time was 4 weeks when I applied on 2nd march.

I asked if I could cancel and fast track and she said waiting for the old passport to be returned would take too long. Understandably she didn’t have anything to say about reporting it as lost. My documents aren’t even marked as received yet so I’m doubtful but I guess all I can do is wait

jespop30
    Participant

Lauraf1991- so glad it’s finally been approved even if you have sadly not been able to get your flights.

Pavillion 89- I applied for my son’s first passport on 27th January and I am still waiting, it’s been 6 weeks on Thursday, so people who have applied after me have got their passports back whether it’s a first child passport or a renewal, so will keep my fingers crossed for you.

user7654321
    Participant

An update that will hopefully help those still waiting:

Received email today that I needed to submit a new photo and also provided details of where my supporting documents should be returned. Emails were exchanged, new photo uploaded and application approved in the space of an hour. I was impressed by the speed and the service once the application gets out of the processing queue so this does seem to be the bottleneck.

Full timeline for me so far is therefore as follows:

Documents received (Royal Mail): 2 February
    Documents received (Tracker): 10 February
    Application being processed: 22 February
    Photo rejected: 9 March
    New Photo sent: 9 March
    Application approved: 9 March

Common sense about responding to emails promptly and being polite in your communications obviously go a long way.

I do not know if my email to my MP yesterday made a difference; the processing time of two weeks is not out of line with what others have reported so perhaps it was just coincidence. However, for those still waiting with an urgent reason for travel it probably doesn’t hurt to request their help.

conz1234
    Participant

Finally some good news today.
    Application approved after 3 weeks in processing stage. Panic over for travelling beginning of April. Timeline Below;

Submitted: 28th January
    Docs Received: 8th Feb
    Processing: 17th Feb
    Approved: 9th March

Good luck to all others waiting

lauraf1991
    Participant

Pavilion89 – the new time for a renewal is 5 weeks. When I applied on 9th Feb the turn around time was 3 weeks and that hasn’t been close to what I’ve had so I don’t think it’s necessarily about when you applied. I was always told that returned documents took 3 weeks so I’d ring and check again. And I really would consider declaring it lost if your turnaround time is a month.

I called them again today to see if my passport was being printed and sent today and they couldn’t tell me. All they said was it takes 24 hours to be printed after it’s approved. But if your passport is approved at a strange hour (mine was 9pm) it most likely is the day after – so for me that’s tomorrow not today. And then they advise 48 hours for delivery which means most likely mine will turn up Saturday.

I don’t think calling them helps really – they just tell you what stage it’s at. I spoke with complaints and management today after waiting 10 days for them to call and they basically said once it’s in the system they lose sight of it and unless it’s an emergency they won’t speed it up. Depressing but sadly I think most people on here who’ve moved faster have done so by coincidence.

conz1234
    Participant

Lauraf1991- its a very strange process of how some get approved straight away and others waiting weeks. Mine has changed from approved at 2.30 this afternoon to printed and sent at 3.04pm so just half an hour.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.