Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    meganmc23
    Participant

So I posted a few weeks ago with the following time line, following a ‘lost’ passport application. I know the current turn around is 5 weeks and I am on week 4 today, but I am beginning to become increasingly worried that I won’t have my passport back in time for travel on the 15th of April. They have told me it is with the examiner but it just doesn’t seem to be progressing despite being a straight forward application. Is anyone else in a similar position to me? Also, they have said I could cancel this passport and use the fast track service given that my passport was lost and no documents have been sent it, however, it is not clear if they would need to receive my letter with drawing this current application, before they can start my fast track one. Can anyone shed some light on this please ?

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 10:42am on 18 February 2022
    Identity details received 8:20pm on 14 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 3:55pm on 14 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:49pm on 14 February 2022
    Application submitted 3:49pm on 14 February 2022

amy93
    Participant

@meganmc

Worth checking but I imagine you’ll just need to send a letter to say “cancel application” – surely after that, it’s done!

If I was in your shoes I would fast track personally. Especially if it’s a case of sending a letter and that’s that. I wish I had 🙁

rcgd
    Participant

JMS –

You aren’t the only one, my documents were delivered the 28th February (signed for etc) also and still waiting for the ‘documents received update’
    Let’s hope it’s soon!

(First adult passport application after Naturalisation)

jms
    Participant

@ rcgd

It looks like something was broken in Bootle on that Monday.

meganmc23
    Participant

Amy93 – you would like to think it is as straight forward as that, but I have little faith.

Hope you get sorted soon 🙂

pusinky
    Participant

still no update…

Application being processed 11:11am on 28 February 2022
    Documents received 9:53am on 23 February 2022
    Application received 10:10am on 31 January 2022
    Identity details received 10:10am on 31 January 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:23pm on 30 January 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:19pm on 30 January 2022
    Application submitted 7:19pm on 30 January 2022

LKT1990
    Participant

Woke up to my other first child passport approval. That’s 5 weeks from application received and no processing stage. So that’s now 3/5 done. They’re really dragging this all out 🤦

Still waiting for my 2 child renewals. 27 days in processing so far 😫

viksnid
    Participant

I’ve been waiting 5 business days and still no tracking from DHL. You get all different agents saying different things and no straight forward answer. This service is frustrating. Not sure how everyone has different time frames. Passport for someone who applied after me gets sent and tracking available next day and I got an agents telling me to wait a week.

jms
    Participant

Yes, the randomness is frustrating. There’s really no point in us posting our timelines, as there’s no ‘system’ to follow and have some expectations based on the past performance.

viksnid
    Participant

Exactly and they just brush you off and tell you something is happening and nothing happens. “DHL will pick it up today” haven’t picked it up and haven’t received tracking. I’m overseas with no passport and no visa atm. They don’t even have any urgency.

leahmca
    Participant

Yey lkt1990 – some progress at least!!

Weird that you woke up to it! Do you think they’re working overnight?!

jespop30
    Participant

I think they are working over night to try and get rid of the backlog that has been created. I have seen several people say they were approved at 1 and 4am.

viksnid
    Participant

Just called again. Progress team super busy and didn’t answer as usual. Another agent another story “DHL have picked it up and you should have got a text” no text and no contact from DHL. “Oh, please submit an online enquire form” I’m due to travel on 6th May and need to transfer my visa. Such a stressful process.

lauraf1991
    Participant

My passport is apparently out for delivery today – 5 weeks and 1 day from the day I applied. Somebody on the phone had the verve to tell me I’d done pretty well getting it that quickly – I was fairly speedy to point out it said 3 weeks turnaround when I applied.

leahmca
    Participant

Lauraf1990 – you’ve given me a little bit of hope this morning. I was also 3 weeks turnaround when I applied and if I am on your time frame of 5wk 1 day, then I’ll still be ok for my holiday! How long were you In Processing?

I don’t know why I even check this forum – my passport is at Peterborough! But i think that this point we are all just gathering all the info we can!

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.