Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    jespop30
    Participant

JMS – fingers crossed for you.

ADgrams
    Participant

I don’t like to be negative here but been following this thread for last 2 weeks! We go on holiday on 6 April and my granddaughters renewals have been at HMPO since Mid January and the other early February. They are both stuck in processing for over 2 weeks with no movement. Calling every day and told something different. A lot of the staff are rude or clueless and repeat over and over again 10 week rule. An automated message could do the same job! There is obviously no queue system and if you are unlucky enough to be waiting on a manual examiner then sorry you are doomed!!
    Looks like our family holiday for their Papa retiring is not going to happen! Last time passport office was in this mess at least they escalated people travelling in the near future! Apologies for the rant but actually raging 😡

djbdane
    Participant

Apologies for the rant but actually raging 😡

No need to apologise it must be infuriating stuck in the processing limbo when other applications, after yours, according to this forum are being approved – especially when there doesn’t seem to be any reason why some are quick and some are delayed – good luck getting yours sorted.

djbdane
    Participant

It was apparently printed and sent last Wednesday. I find it hard to believe it’s taken 6 whole days to get here but there we go!

Fingers crossed for today lauraf1991!

wastedoranges
    Participant

I am waiting on two passports, one in processing since 25feb and one since 28 Feb. Anyone else waiting from around this sort of time? Or had recent approval from February time?

Frustrated_1
    Participant

Amy93 – after waiting an hour managed to get through to someone. Not been assigned to an examiner yet and my only option is to wait till the 10 weeks have elapsed for them to take the matter seriously. Last resort is to send a letter to the local MP in the hope that might trigger something to move

amy93
    Participant

Jespop – hope yours gets approved asap!

Hope mine gets to examination soon x

amy93
    Participant

Frustrated_1 🙁 That sucks! I was thinking the same, surely there’s a way to escalate as it’s getting ridiculous. Would you just escalate to your local MP?

ADgrams – yes some of the staff are really rude which doesn’t help at all! I’m nothing but polite when I call, and sometimes I get a, ‘It is what it is, can’t tell you anything’. – The mental (and physical) tolls this sort of stress takes on us is not ok, it’s not great in the spirit of wellbeing either.

Really hope everyone gets good news asap xx

rcgd
    Participant

Jms- mine were uploaded today too! Looks like they got to our post bag!

I was actually reading the website with timings and it does say time from processing… and they track the 10 weeks from ‘when they receive your documents’ which is certainly not what you expect, and covers them…Two weeks to receive delivered documents into the system! Cheeky.

Guess I have a long 6 week wait ahead (was 3 weeks when I applied 2.5 weeks ago!)

amy93
    Participant

If it’s approved at odd ours of the night, do you get a text at that time? x

P.S. Have emailed my local MP just to make them aware, and hopefully put pressure on to try and fix the system / allocate resource to a proper process. It might not help but if enough people make some noise x

lisam1988
    Participant

I just received the following email from the Passport Office Enquiry team:

“Dear Miss ………, Thank you for your email about the progress of your application.

I am happy to confirm we received your passport at our Peterborough office on 12 February 2022.

All correctly completed applications are being processed within the timescales of the service you applied for, which is approximately 10 weeks for a renewal application.

You do not need to do anything and if we need anything else from you, we will contact you”

This is odd considering my application was sent to Liverpool, not Peterborough and that it is saying TEN WEEKS for a renewal. That is certainly NOT the processing times being claimed anywhere.

hsr
    Participant

Just spoke to a lady on that number and she told the application is “Awaiting QC Checks” apparently that means examiner has done all the checks & application has progressed to final stage. Only need to be approved and sent for printing.

sao95
    Participant

Just spoken to someone who said our application is in the queue for an examiner which could take 4-6 weeks from receiving everything. Going to see if we can push our holiday back now I’m devastated

lisam1988
    Participant

So frustrating that this level of transparency isn’t on their website. Had I known I’d still be waiting after applying on 3rd February I would happily have paid the extra for a fast track service.

djbdane
    Participant

Last resort is to send a letter to the local MP in the hope that might trigger something to move

Frustrated_1 – I’ve just had a 4 month battle with the DVLA to get a licence issued – complete farce of me sending documents, they sending them back only to request them again etc etc. My local MP Matt Hancock was on a bit of a rehabilitation mission locally so I took advantage of that and I contacted him – he did intervene and within 2 weeks I got the licence, after being told my returned documents would go back into the 10 week long processing queue, putting the issue of the licence to Mid April – so give it a go, certainly seemed to work in my case with the DVLA.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.