Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    djbdane
    Participant

All correctly completed applications are being processed within the timescales of the service you applied for, which is approximately 10 weeks for a renewal application.

On their website the current time for a renewal is 5 weeks – with the ‘please allow 10 weeks’ comment on the page too – so hopefully the 10 week is their ‘cover themselves’ limit and the actual processing times on the site are nearer the length of time it’s taking. They can do it – mine took 20 days from application online to approved, and this is for a 1st passport and there was an interview in that process too – just waiting for the on the way update now – so don’t lose hope it probably won’t be 10 weeks – fingers crossed.

jespop30
    Participant

Don’t think any are taking 10 weeks, fingers crossed.

I rang the office yesterday and now it’s in examination I am having to stop myself ringing, as least it’s one step closer to being done.

lauraf1991
    Participant

I finally have my passport! Really pleased but so frustrated by the whole thing. I will let you know how I get on with my complaint. Good luck everyone.

djbdane
    Participant

I finally have my passport! Really pleased but so frustrated by the whole thing. I will let you know how I get on with my complaint. Good luck everyone.

What a relief!! Good luck with the complaint

jespop30
    Participant

About time lauraf1991. Good luck with the complaint.

So I caved and rang the passport office, the number on this site we all ring apparently we are not suppose too as a rude gentlemen just told me and kept quizzing me how I got it, I just told him I had been ringing it on and off for 3-4 weeks and never had a problem. On the plus side my son’s passport application definitely went to the examiner on the 11th, just now waiting for an update that never seems to come.

amy93
    Participant

Jespop30 – Unfortunate bumping into someone like that! Not okay 🙁

Hope you get yours approved asap!! x

I’ll ring that number again tomorrow and see if it’s been assigned an examiner… hope I don’t get the rude man!

jespop30
    Participant

Amy93 – it’s not right, we pay for these passports and we expect to get them, not to be talked to like that.

lisam1988
    Participant

On their website the current time for a renewal is 5 weeks – with the ‘please allow 10 weeks’ comment on the page too – so hopefully the 10 week is their ‘cover themselves’ limit and the actual processing times on the site are nearer the length of time it’s taking.

I am now on week 6 of waiting for a standard adult renewal! And on week 3 since I had a phone call asking for some extra information after which I was told verbally that my application was processing. I am going to phone them and enquire why I am being told my passport is in Peterborough when I sent it to Liverpool….

ADgrams
    Participant

Jespop30 – I think this sounds like guy my daughter spoke to yesterday. Took more time interrogating her on where she got this number and she should not be using it. We were promised a call back on Friday morning after calling the usual number and still waiting 🤪🤪

leahmca
    Participant

Well I just rescheduled our entire holiday until end of may. I couldn’t cope anymore with being attached to me phone waiting for news or stressing about whether it will arrive on time. I’ll certainly be leaving feedback on the entire process as it’s not what it’s made out to be. Hopefully everyone will hear some good news soon!

amy93
    Participant

Leahmca – Sucks that you had to reschedule your holiday 🙁 I can empathise with you hun, I moved mine as well to the end of April. Hoping I won’t have to move again! It’s not worth the stress you’re right – it’s awful that we have to go through this… after the last few years we’ve had!

Jespop30 – absolutely it’s not on! If I get spoken to like that I’ll hang up!

jespop30
    Participant

I wish I could move my holiday back, but it’s gone up by 3 grand, no way I could afford that just now.

leahmca
    Participant

Jespop – jeez. Crazy! I suppose people are getting braver booking so demand is going up. I was fortunate that as long as we cancelled/rescheduled 7 days before we would be fee free. Easy jet are doing free changed until end of March. We actually saved £450 and got an extra day holiday by moving to may ?! Car hire has doubled so we need to find a new supplier.

Amy93 – we had to choice of end of April or end of may so we went may because I was worried I’d still be in the same situation mid April!

It’s annoying that another forum I follow have be discussing passports these last few days and people are getting first child and first adults within two weeks! Someone had the cheek to complain the applied 23rd feb and only got passport today!

chelsea91
    Participant

So for anyone who was following my post from last couple of weeks….
    Submitted 21st Jan – Received 8th March
    My travel date was 9th March for a work trip.
    I did my renewal online and uploaded my own photo that was accepted and application submitted. I found out on 5th March from progress team that my phot was actually rejected due to a slight shadow on my face but I was never asked for a new photo. Apparently if the robot rejects it then it goes to manual processing and has to physically go into to someone’s hand to be checked. I imagine this is why some take long than others. Eventually after A LOT of calling, pestering, uploading my evidence of travelling I was called by Peterborough office evening of the 7th March advising me that it was now with them (I had requested local printing so that I could go and collect instead of wait for delivery) She told me as it was now urgent they would do there best to get it done and would call me back in the morning. I had to call customer management team twice before 12pm the next day pushing for an update and then about 15 mins after my 2nd phone call Peterborough office called me to ask me to collect my passport from Peterborough office that afternoon. Of course I went to collect and thankfully managed to make it on my trip.

Based on my experience I would recommend having and professional passport photo done to avoid application moving over to a manual system. Clearly I’m made up that I managed to get it in time but I’m very disappointed that if I had been given the opportunity to submit and new photo on 4th Feb then potentially I could have avoided a lot of stress and a 5 hour round trip and the fuel having to drive to collect. I’m considering putting in a complaint

ADgrams
    Participant

Chelsea91- that’s amazing you made it and I would definitely complain.
    I was not even aware of a management team that you can escalate to or that you could request local printing. Pererborough sound a lot more helpful than Liverpool 😢

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.