Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    leahmca
    Participant

Chelsea91 – this makes a lot of sense actually. I was rushing to get my application in that I took the photo on the floor on a white towel! I also think that my passport surname being different to birth cert surname prob hasn’t helped. Aw well, holiday moved to may now so I’ve a few extra weeks for it to come through.

Great news on getting yours in your hand!

jespop30
    Participant

I’m more impatient now that it’s in examination.

egreenha
    Participant

My Process:

Passport printed and sent 7:49am on 13 March 2022
    Application approved 3:02am on 10 March 2022
    Documents received 3:29pm on 7 February 2022
    Application received 12:11pm on 27 January 2022
    Application submitted 12:11pm on 27 January 2022

I am flying out on the 26th March, and finally received my passport on 15th March 2022 – having submitted the application on 27th January!

While waiting for ‘application approved’, I called three times. The first told me to withdraw my application and use my old passport for the trip (it has enough validity), I called the following day, and the advisor strongly suggested I do not do this. On my final call (the day after), the advisor said he would contact the processing team for them to expedite my application, as he was unsure why it was stuck in this queue when everything had been approved on 14th February, it was apparently just awaiting ‘quality control’ as a final check.

Overall the process was unbelievably stressful. No one could tell me why my passport took so long to be approved. There were no issues with the photo or anything else, I was told all aspects were approved quite quickly, it was just the final check that took weeks and weeks. For anyone else stuck waiting inbetween ‘documents received’ and ‘appliation approved’, call every day to obtain different opinions, and try to get the advisor to contact the processing team on your behalf to speed up the application. I would probably still be waiting if the advisor had not contacted the processing team for me.

amy93
    Participant

Leahmca did they ask you to redo your photo? I did mine myself too in front of a white wall

Jespop30 🙁 Hope they move their butts along asap for you hun x

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by amy93.
    hsr
    Participant

I am told the same for mrs application. All checks complete just awaiting Quality Control. I have contacted them and they said to wait.

Diegovo
    Participant

Hello, I have a very similar timeline for the latter stages stages, can I ask you at what point you were able to track the TNT delivery?? Many Thanks!

Passport printed and sent 8:20am on 13 March 2022
    Application approved 8:04pm on 10 March 2022
    New photo received 9:25am on 9 March 2022
    Photo rejected 9:03am on 9 March 2022
    Documents received 1:49pm on 28 February 2022
    Application received 10:17pm on 13 February 2022
    Application submitted 10:17pm on 13 February 2022

egreenha
    Participant

Hi, my first (and only) contact from TNT was a text yesterday saying ‘my passport is scheduled for delivery today’. The track link just stated that it would be delivered between 8am-8pm, arrived around 9am.

leahmca
    Participant

Amy 93 – haven’t been asked for a new photo (yet). I just looked at the photo i submitted and it’s good enough(in my unqualified opinion!) – I tried various bed sheets and rooms! But it was taken when my daughter was teething and she has such a painful looking rash in it! Pity she’ll be stuck with it for 5years

amy93
    Participant

Leahmca – ah bless you, very clever though! White towel is the way to go!! Hope we get good news soon.

egreenha – great news!!! Really happy for you, sounds like a howler you went through as well:(x

jespop30
    Participant

I used a toddler mattress, with a white sheet, and one of them went from documents recieved to approved in 6 days and that was a child’s first passport. This whole waiting is driving me insane.

djbdane
    Participant

Based on my experience I would recommend having and professional passport photo done to avoid application moving over to a manual system.

Very good advice for peace of mind – my local Kodak photoshop did mine, a person takes the photo and I walked away with 4 prints and a code for the online application for £10.95, only a couple of quid more than the self service booths – and a guarantee that if it’s reject they will do it again for free.

LKT1990
    Participant

My youngest, we done with a professional. It was approved on their system. When I uploaded it, it got automatically refused! I’d already spent 2 weeks trying to get a photo of him and was running out of time. I sent the professional one with a note saying it was accepted by the system they use! And that was accepted.

No more updates here. Day 28 of processing for 2 child renewals. We travel 5 weeks today. I’m genuinely flabbergasted that their system is so messy! How can applications have such different timings.

Badger
    Participant

Our latest update:

20 feb: child renewal application
    25 feb: signed for documents arrive Liverpool
    10 March: I call Liverpool as documents still not showing as arrived. Decision made after consultation
    to get supporting documents back so we can travel with those at end of March. Email
    confirmation from Liverpool that this will be done within 5-7 working days
    16 March: Call Liverpool again as still do not have confirmation from HMPO that documents have been
    received. 40 minutes on hold, then a conversation with a lovely staff member, who
    unfortunately confirms fears that nothing has been done/ received and so I will not be
    getting supporting documents within next two working days. She has marked as urgent and I
    should hear something back within 24 hours.

Seems there are various chokepoints in the system but the first thing is the postroom/scanning room. Real issue is they cannot even find my documents in their own system. Until it is scanned, nothing can be returned and so far it’s been 19 days since it was received.

Speechless.

Badger
    Participant

Urgent worked.

Just got update- Documents received!

djbdane
    Participant

Urgent worked.

Just got update- Documents received!

Good news finally! There are two routes now for the next update – one is straight to approved, and the other is processing, which appears to be another weeks long wait – so fingers crossed you’ll go down the approved route.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.