Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    amy93
    Participant

Thanks all, hope you all get printing soon, especially those approved on 18th, seems they’re going through that batch.

GPopp when’s your holiday lovely and is there a possibility to move it? (We had to.. cost a few hundred 🙁 )

Stp
    Participant

Retep – have you tried contacting them at all? I used their online form but haven’t heard anything back (they say 72 hours and I sent it around 70 hours ago).

My partner sent a renewal on the 1st to Durham had new passport in hand on the 17th. So frustrating waiting longer for them to open a letter than he did in total.

GPopp
    Participant

it is self booked and more the disappointment on already cancelling twice due to covid these past 2 years – so annoyed didn’t get renewed then but the issue 10 year validity never crossed my mind – was focussed only on date of expiry

So upset by the examiner thing as couldn’t go and get professional photo as I had covid. Now kicking myself re:fast track…. but its the taking day off to travel from Hamsphire to any of the offices which made it impossible and I foolishly thought 6 weeks would be enough!

djbdane
    Participant

1) All applications go to an examiner after multiple automatic checks – i have a couple on my photo but the phone bloke doesn’t see a problem (one I have aged in 10 years!!)

2) No one goes straight to approved in a few days – examiners sign everything off

As far as I understand there is a process called the Digital Application Process, or DAP as they refer to it in their guides available online – all checks can be completed digitally and these go from docs received to approved without a processing status update. OK someone may press a button to approve it but the whole process is automated as far as I can tell. Mine was on the DAP route and went from docs received to approved in just over a week. It’s when the is a query on the application it drops into the manual processing route, where examiners get hands on – even requesting a call back can drop the application from the DAP route. So examiners signing off may be what happens but it may just be as simple as all the DAP checks coming back green and the examiner clicks OK.

This is born out by people who are on the processing route wait weeks for approval update, people who don’t get the processing update and go straight to approved don’t wait weeks – as in my case.

djbdane
    Participant

Amy93 great news on it being printed – hopefully TNT get their act in gear now too

Sokolka
    Participant

Stp- I was waiting for documents received notification 17 days! Then 3 more days for the approved status and 5 days for print.

jespop30
    Participant

I wonder why some people can track their passport delivery a day later or even the same evening and mine was printed Wednesday evening and still waiting to be able to track it.

amy93
    Participant

djbdane – thank you! Yes fingers crossed!

Jespop30 – I know eh! Been wondering the same thing.

GPopp – I hear you but you couldn’t have known 🙁 We made the best decision we knew at the time, and one would think 6 weeks is more than enough!!! It’s the system / failure on their end that has messed us around. It’s so not fair! 🙁

l10nrd
    Participant

Just had EMail to say our passports application has been approved (Liverpool) How long does it take to be printed and posted?

l10nrd
    Participant

Application sent online 10/3/22; old passport sent 11/3/22 and received 07:15 the following day however feedback saying 23/03/22. Just been notified that both applications have been approved. Flying on 19/4/22 but need passports to book COVID PCR and lateral flow tests.

amy93
    Participant

l10nrd – took me 1 full week. Takes others a little over a week, and took some just a few days!

Think you should be okay x

djbdane
    Participant

Just had EMail to say our passports application has been approved (Liverpool) How long does it take to be printed and posted?

It took 10 days for me including day of approval and the day I had the passport in my hand.

GPopp
    Participant

Just rang passport office again – adviser said the following – useful if others have similar experience

My application and photo got flagged by auto imager but nothing major and that it has been appointed an examiner rather than sitting in a queue waiting to be appointed. She seemed to think this might help quicken the process as the appointment can be a lengthy stage – she therefore suggested it might not be a 5 week wait for me…

Never sure whether they are just making you less anxious or telling you the truth – as I still have no text/email saying in process/approved although I know it was appointed an examiner earlier today.

Any similar experiences?

Crazy8
    Participant

Just got (what I hope will be the final step!!) a tracking e-mail from Royal mail saying they will deliver my supporting documents/old passport tomorrow. Amen, brothers and sisters!

l10nrd
    Participant

Amy93 and others, thanks for your replies, feel a little less anxious now knowing there is a good chance of getting my passports in time. Was going to see if I could upgrade to premium by paying the extra but don’t know if you could do this retrospectively

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.