Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    dsimmo
    Participant

First child application

Arrived today 11th April.

Passport printed 5:16am on 6 April 2022
    Application approved 12:59pm on 31 March 2022
    Documents received 1:24pm on 23 March 2022
    Application received 1:38pm on 9 March 2022
    Identity details received 1:38pm on 9 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:28pm on 9 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 1:25pm on 9 March 2022
    Application submitted 1:25pm on 9 March 2022

Good luck everyone, and thank you, this place has kept me sane!

Engineer123
    Participant

OK I hope this is of use.

Child’s first passport.

First tip if your going to pull your application and go fast track don’t dither as I did because whilst waiting for your appointment if its approved you can’t withdraw your original passport application as technically the passport exists albeit not printed and has to be processed as a lost passport first which adds more delay.

Once printed google “hmpo tnt” and input your pex no and postcode. It may say error tracking code invalid. But I kept doing it every day and last night it appeared it would be delivered today, even though the hmpo still just says passport printed. Hence my below dates being incomplete.

11/04/22 passport arrives

10/04/22 tracking appears on hmpo/tnt website (still not on hmpo site)

I checked hmpo/tnt website every day from p6/04/22

HMPO STOPPED REPORTING AT PASSPORT PRINTED

Passport printed 6 April 2022
    Application approved 31 March 2022
    Documents received 23 March 2022
    Application received 7 March 2022
    Identity details received 7 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6 March 2022
    Application submitted 6 March 2022

This has been stressful but it has arrived with a few days to go before we fly on holiday as a family.

Top tips continued.
    To anyone using HMPO service, they are clearly stretched and I would take strong notice of the 10 week allowance and add 2 weeks for good measure, its been a stressful time for us, if you can’t accommodate 12 weeks, consider using the fast track.

Advice varies depending on who you talk to, told we could switch to fast track then told we couldn’t

The clock starts from when they recieve your documents. You have no control over this. Royal mail may have delivered it in record time, but until hmpo open your docs… they are not recieved in the eyes of hmpo, even if they have signed for it. Yes you will believe your docs may have been signed for by a neighbour who has forgotten to pop round because “hmpo was out” but this isn’t the case, they have it…. they just don’t know they have it. If that makes sense.

Adios, and hope it all goes well. It takes a long time, but hmpo are clearly stretched and struggling so bare with them.

Engineer123
    Participant

looks like we are going on holiday!
    yesterday my passport arrived despite the HMPO website still saying its being printed!
    here is my time line but the key facts are
    from application to having it in my hand was 36 days or over 5 weeks. with only 10 days till holiday.
    using wayback machine and at the time of applying the lead time was 4 weeks so not too late but the lack of reporting on the tracking and media news made this feel far worse than it actually was.
    top tip… allow 10 weeks despite whatever the website estimation says i.e. 4 weeks/5 weeks.

yes royal mail can track it as delivered for next day, but HMPO don’t start the clock until its received, and they don’t consider it received until they start work on it. so yes its delivered but HMPO don’t acknowledge it. so don’t treat next day delivery as a given day in the process as it was 11 days for us.

06/03/2022 Application Submitted
    06/03/2022 Ask someone to confirm Identity
    07/03/2022 email sent to person confirming ID
    07/03/2022 identity details received
    07/03/2022 Application Received
    23/03/2022 Documents Received
    31/03/2022 Application Approved
    06/04/2022 Passport Printed
    11/04/2022 Passport Received

hope its smoother for all of you folk. this is probably my last post so have a good holiday! if you get it in time.

lisam1988
    Participant

Completed passport timeline for a standard adult renewal.

Application submitted: 10:34 am 3rd February
    Application received: 10:34 am 3rd February
    Royal Mail delivered documents to Liverpool: 10:15 am 7th February
    Documents received at Liverpool office: 11:06 am 12th February

Phonecall from Liverpool office requesting clarification to early renewal: 10:17 am 25th February

Passport transferred to Peterborough office: 11:04 am 3rd March

Application being processed: 10:06 am 7th March
    Application approved: 9:27 am 1st April
    Passport printed: 10:37 am 4th April
    Passport delivered by TNT after two days of delay: 2:45 pm 7th April

All in all, 9 weeks from application to passport in hand.

Cherryblossom
    Participant

I sent my application to Boottle. Is this the same office as Liverpool?

Cherryblossom
    Participant

First Adult passport

I am in the same boat as everyone else. I log in daily to check if there is any progress on my application. It has been just over 3 weeks since I started the process. This is my application so far:

Application submitted: 9:33 on 23 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm identity: 9:33 on 23 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming identity: 9:37 on 23 March 2022
    Identity details received: 10:02 on 23 March 2022

Documents sent to Boottle on 25 March 2022 with Royal Mail.
    Documents signed for on Royal Mail 28 March 2022

Documents received at 10:27 on 7 April 2022

And now I wait. I have been through the forum and I haven’t yet come across anyone who submitted late March.

leiluna
    Participant

First Adult Passport after naturalisation

No movement for the last two weeks…

Documents received 2:21pm on 31 March 2022
    Application received 12:02pm on 16 March 2022
    Identity details received 12:02pm on 16 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 11:48am on 16 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:41am on 16 March 2022
    Application submitted 11:41am on 16 March 2022

amirun87
    Participant

Hi all, I called yesterday and i have been told my application is with an examiner how long does it take from this too approve. I have a feeling they will just hold onto it and wait till ‘2weeks before travel’ and then ask for more money! I travel on 06/05/22

Cariad94
    Participant

@amirun87, for what it’s worth I honestly don’t think they would do that. I work in another government department – senior management will want to hit their targets and there would be no benefit for processing staff to do that (no-one in the passport offices will see that extra money!)

amirun87
    Participant

I get that- I also work as a civil servant. At the end of they day it’s a business hence they have targets. The targets is 10weeks but upgrade can be used before then.

Mine is with an examiner at the moment but I’m sure there will be no movement on it until two weeks before and they will tell me yes you can upgrade.

Also the upgrade system only works if the application is ready…if it is ready why can’t they just approve it without the upgrade process. We all know they don’t work in date order.

Cherryblossom
    Participant

@leiluna it looks like we have a similar eta. Please keep me posted if there is any movement on yours. Did you also sent your documents to Bootle?

leiluna
    Participant

I just received notification that my application has been approved! Now to wait for the actual passport…

aimeejoy89
    Participant

Spoken to several people today currently on hold to senior management have been for nearly an hour. We fly Monday 18th April and we’ve had no communication we have no idea what’s happening other then these people taking our details and our date of travel. Lived in limbo for weeks now and I’m well and truly broken. We get given a glimmer of hope but then days go by without contact and the hopes just lost and back at square one no further forward. Dare say this holiday hasn’t been worth the stress the frustration the upset or the anger. But here we are.

Stp
    Participant

Anyone else in processing from late March/early April and seen any movement?

First passport, 6 weeks in now, they said it would be 4 weeks when application was submitted. Travel in 4 weeks and 2 days so fingers crossed still.

Timeline:

Application being processed 10:40am on 1 April 2022
    Documents received 12:44pm on 29 March 2022
    (Documents were sent on the 5th, next day delivery)
    Application received 1:56pm on 5 March 2022
    Identity details received 1:55pm on 5 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:42pm on 5 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:44pm on 5 March 2022
    Application submitted 12:44pm on 5 March 2022

passportproblems
    Participant

@stp

Application submitted 6th March
    Documents received 20th March
    Processing application 30th March

Absolutely nothing since, travel in 19 days.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.