Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 1,336 through 1,350 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    sem12345
    Participant

Hi, just wanted to give some hope to those scared of applying because of the delays! This was an adult renewal.

I couldn’t get a fast track apt so chanced my luck and applied the standard way online, took a photo on my iphone. I travel on 25th June. I got immediate text updates at every stage.

Timeline:

Applied online 26/04/22 11:12
    Posted old passport (tracked & signed for next day delivery) 26/04/22 11:56
    Passport office received old passport 29/04/22 16:04 (although someone signed for it on 27/04/22)
    Text saying passport application on hold as they needed someone to confirm my identity 04/05/22 08:42
    I asked someone to confirm which they did at 09:12
    Application approved at 09:19
    Passport printed 05/05/22 08:11

Hopefully get it in the next few days.

universe2022
    Participant

hi Guys,
    could you please tell me how i can expedite my passport application ?any email address? ARE upgrade and expedite Application same thing?
    regards

tamelly
    Participant

Hi

My understanding is you cant expedite unless you’ve waited more than 10 weeks. I don’t know when the clock starts either – is it from when documents arrive physically at the office, when they “log” its arrived, when you apply…who knows!

I also don’t know whether you can do fast track (when it reopens) if you already have an application in the system.

sorry – hopefully someone will be around to answer those questions!

vinch1991
    Participant

good morning all

well some great news, no thanks to HMPO tho

So we started our application on January 17th which some of you will have read

we fly to florida next saturday May 14th

my wife and mother inlaw took the train to Liverpool yesterday, to wait 5 hours in the general enquiry line.
    I sent her with replacement birth certificate, our passports, our marriage certificate, proof of travel as a back to be able to try anything she could

she gave the clerk our reference number and she expedited it immediately no questions, granted this was at nearly 5pm do we have go back an collect today

but for those who have waited an obscene amount of time against the phone lines advice please make the travel to the office and try it has saved our family holiday.

just for the sake of a train journey and a few hours in a queue

I hope you all see this and can save yourself some stress that we have endured over the last 4 months

jgreenidge85
    Participant

vinch1991, my application was sent to Bootle but then got sent to Newport, are you suggesting to go all the way to Newport or will I be able to go to my local hmpo?

tamelly
    Participant

To give others hope….

Further update for people on expected wait times for child renewal:

Application online – 19th April
    Passport physically arrived in the post room via special delivery – 21st April
    Old passport officially received – 4th May
    Passport application approved – 6th May

Freakingout
    Participant

Losing all hope! Travel booked 14th May and still on Processing since 18th March with first application 20th February… way beyond the 10 weeks!

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 9:33am on 18 March 2022
    Documents received 1:38pm on 7 March 2022
    Application received 4:59pm on 20 February 2022
    Identity details received 4:59pm on 20 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:48pm on 20 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 4:40pm on 20 February 2022
    Application submitted 4:40pm on 20 February 2022

mumof3
    Participant

@tamelly Thank you for the updates. Please keep posting. I’m keeping an eye on your updates.

I sent my daughters passport off for renewal on the 22/04/22. Still not updated to show documents received. But I’m hoping I’m a few days behind you and receive some update in the next few days.

Thanks

Woodhj_uk
    Participant

To confirm as well my daughters is doing the same as Tamelly above. Was also approved today.

My other daughters first new passport was requested to Bootle this week. Posted Wednesday so I’ll update others on that too as it goes.

Woodhj_uk
    Participant

So daughter 1 child renewal to Liverpool is

Daughter 2 first child passport to Bootle is

Application online 3 May 2022
    Royal Mail confirmed delivery to postroom (with a signature this time) – 5 May

Ill keep updating to give others a rough timeline.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Woodhj_uk.
    conners mum
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

So I have had my holiday booked for ages now after a cancelled holiday to Jamaica in June 2021 and a cancelled holiday in Turkey in May 2020.

Anyhow we are due to Fly out on Friday 3rd June 2022 to Negril, Jamaica, myself, my husband and our 14 year old son for 14 nights, flying home on Friday 17th June 2022.

Anyhow, I left it super late to purchase and book my Travel Insurance.

So it was Wednesday 20th May, I had just got off the phone to Tui after paying off my travel insurance and decided to check on the online portal and booking page when I was able to check in and print the boarding passes off as well as adding my passport details now rather than leaving it til the week before.

Well thank God I did, because I added mine and the husbands details, then it came to my sons Passport and as I went to add the Expiry date details it said September 2021. I cried solid for 3 days, calling myself all the name under the sun, how could two fully grown adults not notice their Childs passport had ran out.

I felt like such a lousy mum.

Anyhow here is the process of my application.

Soon as I made the discovery on Wednesday 20th, I went to pick my son up from his 4 day Animal Academy course during the Easter holidays, we did a mad dash into our town centre, went to Max Spielmann for Passport photos done.

I highly recommended Max Spielmann for passport photos, they got approved last time and this time.

Then went home and filled in the online application form straight away. Posted out my sons expired passport by 1st Classe recorded 48 hour delivery service.

Application Submitted: 20th April.
    Application Received: 20th April.
    Royal Mail Confirming Expired Passport Delivery: 22nd April.
    Expired Passport Received: Wednesday 4th May.
    Passport Approved (Your Passport is being Printed): Friday 6th May.

Today is been approved and in the process of being printed. Its exactly 4 weeks or 27 days til we fly out. I am feeling so much more optimistic now.

I feel our sons passport will be with us next week, our sons birthday week! The best birthday present ever in my eyes!

Hope to post in here again next week to let you know the dates I get Passport printed text and dispatched text as well as the date it arrives in the mail/post.

Good Luck and Best Wishes everyone!

Hope you all get your passports in time and Have an amazing Holiday wherever your going!

conners mum
    Participant

Amazing, we applied literally a day after you and just got approved text message today (Friday 6th May).

Happy days. We are due to fly out on 3rd June! Now I am feeling less guilty and less like a shitty mum for not noticing my sons passport had ran out too close to the holiday!

Have an amazing holiday!!!

vinch1991
    Participant

Again try and get to Liverpool and visit the office they are expiditing applications within 24hours for people over 10 weeks

Freakingout
    Participant

Don t’ notify me

vinch1991
    Participant

Yes thats exactly what i am saying
    Get down there and get it
    .if youchave booked travel without a passport and waiting less then 10 weeks sorry but

Flr those in our shoes i emplore you to go tO the PO and speak to them direct

Viewing 15 posts - 1,336 through 1,350 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.