New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    hjiki
    Participant

i’m extremely happy for you 🙂

ik usually the upgrades team will call only once and if we don’t pick up it becomes our loss so i’m happy they called you again

going forward make sure you go to collect your passport early on tuesday if they didn’t give you a specific time this allow for worst case scenario if there’s any problems etc they can fix it since you will receive it 24hours before travel

did the upgrades team take any payment?
    i hope whatever i said helped you

once again i’m truly happy for you the process was so stressful

forgotteninnit
    Participant

update again!

I got the confirmation text today that it’s been approved!
    Should be printed today ready for pickup tomorrow.
    They gave me the time of 10am to pickup from liverpool tomorrow via an email!

Also, the upgrades team ended up waiving my fee for upgrade (as it had been both 11 weeks and so close to the flight date)!

I wish everyone else luck with their own passports!!

sazzle
    Participant

That is so good congrats!

I have still not received my call yet about an upgrade and I am supposed to be going on Friday. I feel like I can’t even get excited about my holiday as I can’t see it happening!

Really holding out hope that I can get it before then, if not it’ll be a long day at Peterborough office waiting for it on Thursday 🙁

lkm1990
    Participant

Has anyone on here upgraded two passports at the same time? I called Friday the 8th July to upgrade 2 new applications was told to put both applications on the one email, had a call yesterday that one has been approved but nothing on the other should I be calling back up or wait it out worried that they’ve just upgraded one and not both

DJ_uk
    Participant

I was told they were working to my travel date which came and went.

Requested an urgent call back on Friday and got a call on Sunday morning. He agreed the expedited upgrade had failed but gave no explanation. Put through for another upgrade.

16 weeks, still no passport and no-one you can contact to get an honest answer or information.

Absolute disgrace.

lkm1990
    Participant

What’s the latest time people have received there call backs?

screamer
    Participant

Got a phone call at 18.30 tonight, spoke to the guy and my application has been approved and it’s now getting printed

Hopefully be here in 5-10 days.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by screamer.
    DJ_uk
    Participant

I got a call yesterday evening saying my passport had been approved and got an email this morning to say it had been printed. 5 days(ish) for delivery.

Never been so glad to get news in my life.

Applied online 7th April……application accepted 18th July.

14 1/2 weeks from applying to approved.
    15 weeks from applying to delivery.

sazzle
    Participant

@DJ_uk did you request to have it posted or could you request to pick it up?

DJ_uk
    Participant

@sazzle I did request initially if I could pick it up from Liverpool but once they confirmed it was processed and printed, I just said post it out. They’re posting my Irish one out too, which I’ll probs get before the new British one. Usually they don’t post supporting docs out until 2 weeks after.

forgotteninnit
    Participant

Final Update : I got my passport!

I went to go pick it up at Liverpool, they had put me on a “list” of premium appointments as it was just a pick up, literally in and out in 20 minutes.
    Showed up, proved I was who I said I was with my ID, and then walked out with the passport and got to go home and chill before my 5am flight!

So, there is hope to the upgrade service, if you have the right people call you!

My process was this, to anyone wondering.

7 days to flight : called, told i was put on upgrades “list” (did not get added actually), told to wait for call.
    6 days to flight : called multiple times, was finally put onto upgrades “list”, told to wait for callback within 48 hours (but more likely 36 as there were delays), given email to send upgrade request to and told to have documents ready to prove flight
    5 days to flight : no call, i called THEM, and a sweet lady gave me a DIFFERENT email adress for the liverpool upgrades office and forwarded me to the upgrade team directly. Upgrade team waived my fee and started my upgrade, told me they would call me back within 48 hours.
    4 days to flight : saturday, got a call back from Upgrade Team around 2pm/3pm, lady had documents and told me it would be processed and that i could pick it up on monday (i resheduled to tuesday as i was busy monday with a work meeting i couldnt duck out of to drive to liverpool), and then she even googled the closest office to make sure it definitley WAS liverpool and if not was happy to re-route it so i could pick it up somewhere closer! what an angel!
    3 days to flight : weekend / closed
    2 days to flight : Passport approved morning, Printed by afternoon (could have picked up then but couldn’t make it that day as said above)
    1 day to flight : Picked up passport from Liverpool at 9am with appointment made by lady on phone previously.

I wish everyone else luck on their quest to get this little laminated piece of paper!

sazzle
    Participant

I have also just picked up my passport! After waiting a week for my upgrade call, I called again at 8am and got an urgent call back by midday from Liverpool office to pick my passport from the Peterborough office at 4pm.
    The process wasn’t as dreadful as I had hoped, I also got a phone call later on from the original call back which is proof that they will get back to you, they just work on the people who need them most urgently first.
    Best of luck to everyone waiting!

COLANDJO73
    Participant

Went to Glasgow office today as I am 13 weeks from application and due to fly on Saturday.

Got there at 6.30am and there were 7 people in front of me! Offices open at 8am and obviously take those with appointments up to the front first. Then as they get dealt with the general enquiries people are allowed in.

I got in at 8.40ish. Very helpful guy who took me through what he would do to get the passport sorted for me to collect today. My application was in Belfast so he emailed them and marked it as urgent. He said that Belfast will call me back today with a time to go back up to Glasgow to collect the passport. Fingers crossed!!!

mr_cr9
    Participant

Passport Application Update:

So today marked 6 weeks post application and I depart early hours on Sunday the 24th of July (4days away).

I called the helpline this morning to escalate my application to the upgrade team and the lady on the help desk seemed a little incompetent, as I seemed to know more than her from reading this forum. I felt like she kind of fobbed me off and just told me to send an email to the upgrade team. So I went back on this forum and seen the recent post from @forgotteninnit where they said they didn’t get added to the upgrade list the first time round, which is exactly what had just happened to me. So I called the helpline back and spoken with a very helpful lady this time around which added me to the list and told me I would receive a call within 48hrs from the upgrade team.

I was on the phone with the help desk at around 08:25am. I received a phone call from Durham passport office (where my application is) at around 12:10pm this afternoon. They asked me a few security questions and then I paid the upgrade fee which is £100 and booked an appointment at my closest passport office (Liverpool) for 10am tomorrow to collect my passport.

Overall up to now it has been a very stressful process and it is left right up to the wire but, it seems the upgrade service does work, they’re just overstretched hence the lack of communication.

I’ll update on here further tomorrow on the process once I get to the HMPO. However, I wish everyone the best of luck as I know how stressful this situation is. And thank you to everyone that has updated this forum because I don’t think I would have my passport in time if it wasn’t for this forum.

mr_cr9
    Participant

Final Update:

So I arrived at Liverpool HMPO around 10:10am this morning. Had to show security at the entrance an email showing my passport had been printed and I explained it was an urgent upgrade and I’m collecting in person. They let me straight through were I checked in and collect my waiting number. Waited around 15mins until I was called and collected my passport, I was in and out in around 20mins. A Very seamless procedure unlike the run up to this.

I wish everyone the best of luck with trying to get hold of their passport and again, thank you to everyone that had their input on this forum that assisted me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.