New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 3 posts - 1,651 through 1,653 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    allyweeden123
    Participant

Hi everyone,

We applied for my daughters passport on the 16th of March, after misplacing the passport we then sent all the information to Durham as we were told (it took 2 weeks for them to tell us where to send it too) all received on the 23rd of June nearly 1.5 months since we sent the information to Durham. Then nothing. Then after reading this forum (which has been so helpful) we applied to upgrade and expedite on the 30th of July as we travel on the 13th of august. Still nothing, countless phone calls day in day out no help what so ever just told to be patient.

Then I decided yesterday enough is enough I’m going up to London passport office to get this sorted as it was breaking my 10 year olds heart.

Got here at 7.30, told them the situation and that i am traveling on Sat and it has been since the 16th of march didn’t mention the delay in sending over the information as it was there fault. They told me to come back at 1pm to collect, I did it wasn’t ready as the lady in Durham hadn’t processed it! anyway an hour later it was processed and i collected it!!! Im so happy.

So i would recommend get yourself up to your local office the week of travel don’t leave it to late and go by the date of application.

It isn’t a free service and they have no right in lying and being unhelpful over the phone it is a lot harder to lie to people face to face. But keep your calm. Good luck!

Julir
    Participant

We applied for upgrade Thursday 28 July, 2 weeks before our travel and 8 weeks after application. I thought I’d never get a response but when I spoke to my MP they said the upgrade would go through but I have to wait until 48 hours before the flight. Very stressful wait, but we did get the call yesterday – 3 days before we fly. Ours was in Liverpool as well and they apparently work according to travel date so you just need to confirm the upgrade will go through and wait for the call. After the call we had confirmation it was printed within an hour.

utterlyfedup
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m just wondering if someone was able to pick your passport up on your behalf? I’m abroad and flying this week and have had no luck with upgrades etc so wanting to see if a friend can go at the 48 hour mark with a letter from me authorising her. thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1,651 through 1,653 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.