New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    foxtrotlady
    Participant

Fingers crossed have you still not heard anything! Was hoping you did today for you and for all of us other there waiting.

fielding28
    Participant

@aimeejoy89 Have you had any luck today with someone getting back to you? I’m hoping they have and you make your flight this evening!

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Did you manage to get your upgrade?

Andrew0510
    Participant

I haven’t had a call from the upgrade but did get a telling off from and automated message for sending another email with more details on.

I’m going to travel newport office tomorrow for a new fast track appointment that I booked a few weeks in anticipation of this happening. Fingers crossed they can use the birth certificate from the original application! Might be a wasted 6 hour round trip!

passportproblems
    Participant

@Andrew0510

I’m pretty sure you cant have 2 applications running at the same time? if you haven’t cancelled the original application in writing they will probably refuse your appointment?

Andrew0510
    Participant

I was told they frown upon it but not dissuaded by the hmpo advisor. I’ll let you know how I get on.

passportproblems
    Participant

@Andrew0510

Good luck! I’ve got my fingers crossed for you!

Shouq
    Participant

Hi All,
    anyone getting any luck with upgrade team? sent my email to Upgrade team as advised by HMPO two days ago with all the proof they needed but have not heard anything so far 🙁

losingfaith
    Participant

Another successful upgrade story, and I had properly lost faith.

I am due to fly tomorrow morning at 7am and was advised I could apply for the upgrade only last Thursday – but advised with two working days wait for a response and the bank holiday I might not make it.

I had given up all hope yesterday but received a call at midday from the upgrade team in Peterborough saying it could be done – I just had to collect from the London passport office today as there wasn’t enough time for it to be sent through the post.

After a bit of a wait (the passport had only been printed 30 minutes before I arrived so hadn’t made it’s way down to collections yet) I departed with my passport in hand. Still in shock to be honest! Keep the faith everyone.

Passport printed 12:22pm on 21 April 2022
    Application approved 9:48am on 21 April 2022
    Application being processed 3:50pm on 11 April 2022
    Documents received 12:13pm on 14 March 2022
    Application received 1:18pm on 2 March 2022
    Application submitted 1:18pm on 2 March 2022

coralp
    Participant

Great to hear that. I applied for my daughters first passport and all the updates are about 1 week after yours. Our flight is 26th and had email Peterborough 3 times since last Tuesday for the upgrade. Still heard nothing.
    I will wait till end of the weekend to see if anything happens.
    Good to know that they let you collect from London office as well. I hope we can collect the supporting documents at the same time cause we need my husband’s passport back before the flight!!!

javaria96
    Participant

I was told on the phone that this service is guaranteed. So I’m putting together what other people have received and assuming that the timeframe given 2 weeks prior to your travel date gives them enough time to process the upgrade, even if that means someone has to wait 48,72 hours to hear back from them. They will process your upgrade request and then either give you the option to collect in person(which considering the ordeal i would go in person) or to post via the couriers. Im waiting for the 2nd May to apply for my upgrade

coralp
    Participant

who told you this is guaranteed??? I was told all the time that this is not guaranteed!!!
    I guess once they call you and take your payment then yes it’s guaranteed that you will have the passport very soon (most I saw it’s ready the next day) But not guaranteed they will contact you.
    I’ve been waiting since last Tuesday and still heard nothing from them

javaria96
    Participant

See thats the blimey issue with this HMPO! mixed messages every time you call. But I’ve called them a few times and have asked the same question and they’ve said its guaranteed as long as you can provide all evidences etc. When are you travelling? Did u email them exactly 2 weeks before ur travelling?

Lauramaria23
    Participant

Hoping I do not have to go down this route but at least it seems to work for most people. The stress is unreal though.

coralp
    Participant

Yes our flight is 26th Apr and I email on 12th and again on the 19th. Still nothing. Called today and the agent said it’s not guaranteed and nothing they can do as they don’t work in the upgrade team.
    I emailed again today with my flight date in the subject and praying for the call will come tomorrow

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.