New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Tillybobs
    Participant

How did you get the upgrade email address that you need to send the details to if you are traveling soon please?

paulamcp31
    Participant

I called today and was advised the same thing, my documents were received on 8th March and they have been sitting in “application received” for 4 weeks. My fear with this service is that if your passport gets sent for printing at the 2 week mark you cant FastTrack and just need to wait on it – that in itself could take 2 weeks. I am annoyed with myself that I didnt just use the fastrack service but lead times were 5 weeks when I applied. I have now been on hold for one hour to ask if I can submit my application for fast track 2 days before I hit the 2 week mark as there is a 48 hour SLA.

Tillybobs
    Participant

Did you just ring the advice line number?

paulamcp31
    Participant

I rang the processing team 0300 123 1973 be prepared for a long wait!

Over 48 hours for me and still nothing from the belfast upgrade team. Absolutely fed up

iDixonn
    Participant

I sent my flight confirmation yesterday to Durham upgrade team and haven’t heard

Tillybobs
    Participant

I tried the above number. Was on hold for 2 hours 45 and just been cut off as guessing the phone lines have now closed

tash
    Participant

I too have been informed of the upgrade service when I rang to see about my options the other day. The lady I spoke to said you have to pay the difference to upgrade to fast track and can only apply if you can prove you are travelling within 2 weeks. My question was I’ve looked at fast track appointments at my local office and there aren’t any in the next few weeks so would this guarantee an appointment? She wasn’t sure about that but I assume if they offer the service they must put some spaces on reserve! However after a very pleasant call my application was approved later that day! It may have been a coincidence. Hope that helps!

ritabix
    Participant

@tash…. Which department did you receive a call from? How did you manage to get it approved? I’m still in limbo

paulamcp31
    Participant

@tash so even if they have all your documents and application you can only upgrade my going for an appointment? I had a look online today and there are no appointments at my local office at all.

Kips05
    Participant

Hi, i hope you don’t mind me asking. could you share the email for belfast, we have been waiting since 18/2 one holiday cancelled so far…. 🙁

ritabix
    Participant

You can only apply if you have 14 days to go until travel, otherwise they won’t get your email

Belfastupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk

ritabix
    Participant

You need to include

Full name
    DOB
    Contact number
    Email
    Reference number
    Date of travel
    Proof of flight in the next 2 weeks.

Subject to include that’s it’s urgent upgrade.

Andrew0510
    Participant

Hello,
    Thanks for the forum and latest news from you all.

I sent two applications on 17th February.
    I received one passport in the post 15th March with a 2 day delay for photo rejection.
    I am still waiting for the second which had a status change on the 18th March to processing.. Apparently the 10 weeks will now start from this date!

I’ve been told today about the new upgrade service and sent an email.. Very worried that I may not get a call for a week as I am travelling in two weeks!

I have booked a 1 week fast track in Newport on Thursday but I don’t have a duplicate birth certificate, as my son was only born 4 months ago I can’t get a replacement as priority through the central system.
    The advisor did say that they may be able pull the birth certificate from the original application as it does say documents recieved.

£49 for child first
    £122 for fast track appointment
    £8 for photos
    £38 for a priority replacement (haven’t paid but awaiting the opportunity)

Customer helpline wait is around 30-40 mins but can’t tell you much however they are friendly, impartial and sympthatetic.

I used liverpoolupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

@Andrew0510 How did you get a fast track appointment? We have not been offered this and are under a week to go

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.