Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    amirun87
    Participant

Hi all, I called yesterday and i have been told my application is with an examiner how long does it take from this too approve. I have a feeling they will just hold onto it and wait till ‘2weeks before travel’ and then ask for more money! I travel on 06/05/22

nassao41
    Participant

Amirun87 when did you submit your application?
    I also fly on the 6/5/22 and waiting for my partners first adult passport. We’ve been waiting on processing since the 16/03/22 🙄

amirun87
    Participant

Same timeline as you… been processing since 17th March.

Child first time passport and Child renewal

marand
    Participant

I am also in processing since March 24th for Child renewal !
    My Adult renewal was in documents received since March 17th and yesterday it changed to processing 🙁
    Let us know when it gets approved to see if they all get approved at similar times !

AbbyG87
    Participant

Does anyone know if the passport office are working over the Easter weekend? Application submitted 17th Feb and been stuck at processing since 11th March and no update despite hours spent on the phone to them.

ndl.alex0608
    Participant

It’s been exactly 6 weeks since I submitted my application. My nan died two weeks ago and I called to ask for my application to be escalated on compassionate grounds, I keep getting told each time someone will get in touch within 48 hours. I literally haven’t heard from anyone at all despite calling every other day. I sent in death certificates, spending loads of money to get these documents posted via DHL halfway across the globe and also to get them officially translated etc.

Meanwhile some others with no compassionate ground who applied after I did already got their passports …

AbbyG87
    Participant

Has anyone had a passport approved in Peterborough recently? It’s 9 weeks 3 days since I applied and still at application processing stage. I’ve called them so many times, I’ve had to postpone my holiday and totally fed up with it all.

amirun87
    Participant

I applied 01/03/22 for both my children one new and one renewal. Both went into prociessing on 17/03 I had to send more documents in on 21/04 and approved and printed on 22/04

Don’t give in keep calling everyday

batchk23
    Participant

@amirun87, what number did you ring? Have you received your passport yet?

Our first child passport online application was approved yesterday, Sunday 24/04/2022, 8.30am. It’s been sent for printing. We fly on 06/05/2022. 9 nights to go.

I am getting nervous as to whether it will arrive in time. I would like to try and see if it can be posted tracked next day delivery.

marand
    Participant

@amirun87 Did you get both passports already? Did you have to send flight info to get them quicker? mine are both still processing and we are flying in May

batchk23
    Participant

@marand, I am expecting hoping my timeline helps you.
    Passport printed 11:30am on 26 April 2022
    Application approved 8:30am on 24 April 2022
    New photo received 9:51am on 19 April 2022
    Photo rejected 4:07pm on 14 April 2022
    Documents received 9:09am on 3 April 2022
    Application received 8:00pm on 21 March 2022
    Identity details received 7:59pm on 21 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:53am on 21 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:43am on 21 March 2022
    Application submitted 9:43am on 21 March 2022

We are within the 2 week flying window so qualify for the upgrade. I was told I was eligible on April 23rd and that I would be able to pick the passport up from London too if need be but did not receive the call back to take fast track payment even when I rang them 2 times to chase.

This morning I rang them again but it’s too late to do anything for us now as it’s already been printed. Just got to sit tight and wait for it to arrive now. I hope TNT don’t have any more screw ups. I plan not to leave the house so we don’t miss the delivery!!

I would call them and get yours upgraded if you are in the 14day window. Don’t leave it til it’s approved to upgrade, and certainly not once it’s printed!!

marand
    Participant

@Batchk23 Thanks for that! I am still not in the 14 days window but next week I will be so I will try and call .
    Try checking TNT tracking website for passports using the application number, when my sons was printed I kept checking everyday and one day it appeared there and told me the delivery date! FYI It got posted through the letterbox

amirun87
    Participant

Ref: one new child passport, one child renewal

Oh my goodness they’ve arrived!! Is it too good to be true??!

My story is that I kept receiving a countersigning error. Then I waited 14days for a call back from process team. They told me to send a letter to confirm I have parental responsibility. Then few days later I was sure something is wrong so called back again they told me to send a countersign section from post office. Went in to processing after that. Called in every day knowing it’s wrong because google has examiner guidance and says they can only accept certain things. I emailed MP. Complained x100. Sent msgs to senior HMPO people on Twitter/ LinkedIn. But nothing.

Anyway on 20/04/22 received call from examiner (team leader) to say she can see I’ve been messed around and I’ve been calling everyday so she is going to do what she can to speed up my application. She sent me this document next day delivery for me to countersign and send back to her. I sent it back on 21/04 with the label. Took down all her contact details and then emailed her the tracking number. On 22/04 it was approved and printed locally! I received 26/04.

Had the examiner not called me I’d be eligible for the upgrade but may not have qualified as they wouldn’t have everything they needed.

Today when tnt delivered he only came with one envelope I was really confused like where is the other and that dreaded panic hit me again. Then I saw him come back up my garden with the other!! Phew!

Passport printed on 22 April 2022
    Application approvedon 22 April 2022
    Application being processed on 17 March 2022
    Documents received on 15 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity on 1 March 2022
    Application submitted 1 March 2022

My very important advice to you is of examiner calls you please take down all their details ask for team mailbox email or direct email address. They are all willing to help. Everyone I’ve come across has been helpful but just couldn’t tell me what I wanted to hear because of the process.

I sincerely hope and pray yours all gets sorted too 🙏🙏

batchk23
    Participant

@amirun87

Really pleased you’ve got yours in time to fly!!

We’ve just had a call to say our passport will be in the post today. Let’s hope it arrives before the weekend 🤞

It has been really hard to motivate ourselves to get ready for a holiday that may or may not happen. Would be nice to have the stress levels come back down a bit before we onboard a flight with a tot and an infant!

Good luck, have a nice holiday! You deserve the break after the ordeal with HMPO, let alone COVID and all the stressors of the last couple of years!

fvbmiz
    Participant

Hi guys
    I was hoping someone could offer some advice!
    I’m due to travel 21st June and I sent off my application on 12th April. My old passport was signed for by them on the 14th April but my application still hasn’t updated.
    I’m now really worried I wont get my passport in time for travelling.
    Is it possible to somehow withdraw that application and apply for fast track, even though I’ve already sent off my old passport!
    Any help would be appreciated!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.