Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    marand
    Participant

@Lleach That great news!!! Happy that your passport troubles are finished and you can go on your holiday!
    I am still waiting for a call. Enjoy the holidays!

iain111
    Participant

Good to know, so about 5 weeks in the “being processed” stage

Lleach
    Participant

@marand thank you! Manic time trying to pack now haha.
    Are you still calling them aswell?

danw5353
    Participant

Hi guys,

I applied for my passport on the 26th of April and sent documents the same day, the online tracker says these were received on the 10th of May, however after talking on the phone this morning trying to get my application expedited and also being requested a call back from the upgrade team, the people on the customer support line have given conflicting information on what is going on with my application. One said that my application was only submitted on the 13th of May, one said my documents have been received and looked at on that date with no further updates and the other said she was unable to see my application at all. It seems no one can give me a straight forward answer on whats going on and what stage I am. I have a job that I am due to start on the 2nd of June and really need to get this sorted. Does anyone have a contact number directly for the Peterborough office or anyone who can help me with this?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by danw5353.
    marand
    Participant

How did you get through this morning! I tried calling at 8 am and it just said they had a high call volume and to try again later and they hang up, didn’t even get the option to wait!

leesa160
    Participant

I’ve been trying webchat since 08:01…. so frustrating! 🙁

danw5353
    Participant

If your calling up press 8 as your first option before you are read out the options, then listen to what you are read out then press 3, that is for general enquiries. Takes around 3-5 minutes but you should get someone. Like I said though with my experiences, they seem to be new hires who may not have access or know what they are doing at the moment. I have been given conflicting information but finally got through to someone who assured me it was just the way the system works and the 13th means my information is waiting for an examiner. Fingers crossed and hopefully I hear from the upgrade team soon.

marand
    Participant

Thanks for that, I was using option 3 and 2 , will try it later as now at work and waiting for a webchat advisor for ages! 🙁 Also waiting for the upgrade team to call at some point before my holiday!

danw5353
    Participant

How long have you been waiting for a call from the upgrade team?

thirshope
    Participant

being processed means there is a problem either name change or proof of surname or just something that does not match up with old passport or first child passport req more time to process, eg child may have different parents etc or changed their surname from birth. As said in a previous reply if you accidently imput a comma or bracket on a digital form it is rejected until someone either approves/corrects mistake but usually after proof is given by client.

Helly87
    Participant

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 1:27pm on 26 April 2022
    Documents received 9:09am on 25 April 2022
    Application received 6:43pm on 10 April 2022
    Application submitted 6:43pm on 10 April 2022

Name change adult renewal, due to travel in July just wish it would update.
    My sister in law is also in same suituation and she applied on March 10th. Every call back cuts off dead when she answers and no response to email. Can any one offer advice to her, she is same as me adult renewal with name change

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Helly87.
    leesa160
    Participant

Just spoke to a really helpful guy on the phone. He took my childrens application numbers along with the Royal Mail tracking numbers for the marriage certs that were received by Peterborough last Tue. He said as it was a digital application he can send an alert to say my marriage certs are in the postal room and this should speed things up! 🤞🏽🤞🏽 He is the first person I’ve managed to speak to to really help me 😀

GrandadMaster
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t have the number but yesterday I had exactly the same thing after my docs were put on the system last Thursday. The person on the end of the phone assured me the weird discrepancy was fine but, naturally, I was still anxious (I fly on the 1st and expected to have had approval by that point judging by the experience of others here). A few hours later the notification came through that my passport had been approved. I guess she was right and I was worrying about nothing. Just a quirk of their system.

Application approved 9:54pm on 16 May 2022
    Documents received 7:08pm on 12 May 2022
    Application received 11:04am on 29 April 2022
    Application submitted 11:03am on 29 April 2022

I hope I haven’t jinxed myself as I haven’t actually got the passport in my hand yet, but I’m posting this hoping that it settles your nerves and the nerves of others out there in a similar position (this board helped me in that way). Peterborough seems to be getting through recent applications fast – the sticking point seems to be the people who applied earlier (I don’t know why, it must be their policy).

leesa160
    Participant

@GrandadMaster

I hope so I’m getting a bit twitchy now as 8 days till were due to fly🙈
    I’ve just spoken to my MP, she’s trying to help me 🤞🏽🤞🏽

PASSPORT DUMDUMS
    Participant

Well ive had a palaver dealing with the passport office its taken over 2 months for it to be approved. Just got printed today and waiting for arrival.

Was a simple name spelling correction where you don’t need a deed poll but silly examiner didn’t read the cover letter or know the guidelines so said a deed poll is needed.

2 phone calls, a complaint, and an email to the upgrades department and it was finally approved.

What someone else said is that the documents didnt update on tracker so I called and gave the royal mail tracking number and low and behold the next day the passport was approved. So if you get a good call handler then they can help. Only took 1 hour on the phone.

The phone lines close at 6pm not 8pm as i was in the queue to them one day for over an hour and it hanged up. When i rang back it said office now closed.

Will update when passport comes.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.