Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    jamesd1974
    Participant

Hi @yasmine think I leave it a few days and then email
    My local mp one of the renewals is for my disabled son which would
    Never understand we carnt do anything cause of a passport delay so is quite important to him
    More than anything

AndyH
    Participant

My documents were signed for this morning so i’ll update when HMPO confirm they have been received

jamesd1974
    Participant

A week now after they signed for mine and still not on system as received

Yasmine
    Participant

@Jamesd1974 Reading another comment on this forum, someone had said they phoned HM Passport yesterday and its now taking up to two weeks to be applied onto the system from when they receive it.

LauraW
    Participant

We are in the same position. We realised 6 days after our daughters ran out and reapplied the same day.
    -Application submitted 14th June.
    -Identity details received and application recieved 15th June.
    – Documents received 17th June.
    -Application being processed 19th June.
    Ours is at Durham too, we travel to Spain on 23rd July so I’m slightly panicking now!!

AndyH
    Participant

@LauraW have you phoned or tweeted HMPO? From looking at your timeline it appears as though there are others on here who submitted after you and are at a more advanced stage, there isn’t any logic to the system. I read somewhere that a note referencing their departure date had been added to their application which may speed things up

michaelb11
    Participant

Child’s renewal application made on 22nd May and old passport sent on 24th May to Durham Passport office. Acknowledged received on 1st June and should hopefully be arriving today. So pretty much 1 month from acknowledgement of receipt to coming back…

Passport printed and sent 1:26pm on 1 July 2020
    Application approved 5:43pm on 30 June 2020
    Application being processed 2:50pm on 1 June 2020
    Documents received 8:30am on 1 June 2020
    Application received 9:41am on 22 May 2020

Good luck to all those still waiting.

LauraW
    Participant

@andyH Ive sent them a DM on twitter today with our departure date. Fingers crossed, I’ll keep you updated

niafitnesspt
    Participant

Hey – new here.

Submitted my child passport renewal 22nd

ID etc confirmed 22nd June

Passport posted Royal Mail sign for 23rd

Signed for my Peterborough passports 24th June

Nothing been updated on the passport tracking so show they have received and it’s now over a week since Royal Mail show it having arrived.

Tried phoning passport office, after 10 mins or so it automatically converts you to the call back and so far they’ve not called me back – have been waiting over 24 hrs

jamesd1974
    Participant

There getting beond the joke to be fair all the offices are they don’t give a crap that most people ain’t just booked holidays now we’re booked when leaving last year and now restrictions are being lifted we either go or loose thousands for months they said don’t sent In Your passports now it’s like send them in but u prob won’t get them back in time I wouldn’t of followed the advise and sent them months ago

Tracey1978
    Participant

It took Peterborough 8 days from signing for it to say they had received my son’s old passport. It’s at the process stage now. My daughter’s is a few stages ahead and only took 3 days to process before approval. Seems like they are starting to process passports quicker so hopefully yours should be acknowledged soon.

jamesd1974
    Participant

I hope so it’s straight forward renewal both me and the mum have passports as well so not hard for them really and they look the same in the pics as well

jamesd1974
    Participant

Did that include a weekend or work days thanks again

Tracey1978
    Participant

It was signed for on 23rd June and they acknowledged receipt yesterday (1st july)

jamesd1974
    Participant

So 9 days then hopefully mine be Monday then just I sent 4 off to 3 different offices and none of them have said they received even though i know they have thought some would of been quicker than others though

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.