Child’s renewal……help!

Home Forums COVID-19 Child’s renewal……help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    sophie6326
    Participant

We fly to Spain in 18 days and got a notification to say our old passport has been received on Thursday. Do you think it will be here on time? How long till applications are done after they notify you it’s been received. Thank you

It’s a child’s renewal

ali71cats
    Participant

Hi Sophie, I feel your pain. Realised sons passport is due to expire and would not be valid for travel in two weeks when we are due to go on holiday! So we have delayed flights which allows 17 days for it to come back. Please keep
    Us updated with the hen you get yours back! Fingers crossed for you.

natasha1978
    Participant

I applied for my sons first time passport 15th june. He had to attend an interview 21st june. We are still waiting. He applied for a part time job and was successful but they want proof of identity and the passport office is sat with all his proof even his south african passport. They asked him alot of questions, things he didnt even know. He has learning difficulties so he does not retain information like an average 16yr old. Not sure if its possible to fail an interview but im getting worried because it has been a long time. My passport only took a week.

sophie6326
    Participant

I don’t have it back yet havnt heard anything since the 15th when they received it. We’ve had to push our holiday back two weeks aswell so hopefully we can still go. What office have you sent your old one to?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sophie any news on your passport ? We feel your pain and are in the same boat

sophie6326
    Participant

Hi no I havnt heard anything at all :/ when did you send yours off?

ali71cats
    Participant

Hi Sophie. We sent old passport to Peterborough on Friday. They acknowledged receipt today. Keeping everything crossed.

sophie6326
    Participant

We received ours yesterday 🎉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brilliant news stress over !!!

elaine1978
    Participant

Can i just ask Sophie did you apply online or by post?

sophie6326
    Participant

I applied online and sent my old one to Durham office

magkab
    Participant

My daughters renewal has been processing since 20th July, we are meant to go abroad on the 14th!
    So stressful, i have emailed, called and written a letter and nobody can give me an update. I was told yesterday that the application hadn’t as yet been assigned to a person?! Application was made on the 14th July and documents received in Durham on the 16th JuLy. Utter nightmare

Leshere
    Participant

The delays can be quite lengthy. Had our application in for H since the beginning of July. He lives in Germany but was here in Cornwall when his passport was lost. He is stranded and unable to return home. 7 months old and missing his Dad.
    Application being processed 12:00pm on 12 July 2021
    Identity details received 9:25pm on 10 July 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:40am on 10 July 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:40am on 10 July 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:41pm on 9 July 2021
    Application submitted 3:41pm on 9 July 2021

suzianne1
    Participant

Hi Ali71cats
    I am in a similar position to you with almost the same time frame – have you heard anything since ‘documents received’?
    Fingers crossed for us both! And everyone else waiting
    Suzanne

ali71cats
    Participant

Hi Suzanne. Heard absolutely nothing. Have messaged the passport people through Twitter and got a standard response although they said they have put a note of our date of travel on the application. But it still requires some examiner to actually open it! I also contacted my MP and was surprised to get a call from his secretary. She called the passport people but they said as it wasn’t medical emergency or similar they wouldn’t prioritise it in any way. If there is no movement by end of tomorrow I’ll be changing the flights out to a later date and shortening the holiday but then no guarantee it will come in time for that either! Hope you get some good news soon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.