Child’s renewal……help!

Home Forums COVID-19 Child’s renewal……help!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    dt1901
    Participant

Thanks. We had a further update to say it’s been sent. My wife’s father/kids grandfather lives there and she’s not seen him in 20 months. Whilst I’m gutted to miss a family holiday I’ll be even more so if my son misses it by a day and has to stay back with me.

Really hoping it comes by Monday now.

suzianne1
    Participant

Really hope your sons passport makes it in time

Colin1980
    Participant

Been told mines is in examination area they recieved documents in glasgow office August 2nd. Does anyone know how long this stage takes fly out the 6th of September. Worried with the bank holiday weekend if offices will be closed as well

dt1901
    Participant

So to update, we phoned TNT last Monday to be told that as the passport was marked as dispatched after 4pm it would have missed the courier and therefore it had no prospect of coming that day.
    My wife and daughter flew at 6.30am on the Tuesday and the passport, after 6 weeks, landed at 8.40am. Incredibly frustrating that after all that time it came down to such fine margins.
    What adds to frustration is a friend was in same location at same time and realised early August that their childs passport expired and submitted it and then phoned everyday to push it along due to their urgent need and had it back in 2 weeks!! Whether that actually made any difference or they were just lucky I don’t know, however it tells me that the system is all over the place. The wait should be consistent for all applicants.

They returned home yesterday and we have now booked to all go in October, so just over 7 weeks.

summers sun
    Participant

Hi

I submitted my sons renewal on 9-9-21
    I have sent the old passport back which was received on 15 September. We are due to fly out on the 16 October, is this do able? Also even though I have sent it as standard delivery does anyone know of it is possible to upgrade to the fast track service, as after reading this chat I may not come in time. I sent my sons old passport back to Bootle, I imagine they’re the ones who’s dealing with his renewal. Thanks all

vickieb
    Participant

I don’t think there’s any way to know Summers Sun. I applied and sent mine and my son’s renewals on 27th August but there’s been no update since they say they received them on 6th sep.
    You can’t upgrade to the fast track service without requesting to cancel your application in writing, getting your docs back then trying to get a fast track appointment. That could take weeks again.
    Theres nobody to help.
    We fly 14th Oct.

katielouise5
    Participant

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on time frame they have received childs passport.
    We applied 5th September and plan to go on holiday 13th October, starting to think it probably won’t happen.
    5 weeks wait on website and if we receive within the 5 weeks will be okay. Has it been longer than this for anyone?

Thank you

cyprussoon
    Participant

Hi has summer sun or Vickieb had an update on the passport ? I am in a similar situation and fly in 2 weeks !!!!

summers sun
    Participant

Hi, no update as to yet, I’m hoping by next Thursday it’s approved, they’re currently working on 9th and 10th documents received. If you go onto a Twitter you can read lots on there.

cyprussoon
    Participant

Thank you summer sun. I think my documents were received on the 13th September… when I spoke to them the other day they said they were doing an average process time of 20 days form receipt of old passport but I’m still very nervous and fly the same time as you! That was the bootle office I spoke to. What Twitter feeds did you look at, I’m not good at Twitter??

cyprussoon
    Participant

Summer sun – please let me know if you hear anything and I will do the same might help out stress levels !!!

cyprussoon
    Participant

Summer sun – I got an email saying it’s been approved…. Hopefully I will get it soon but I hope this gives you hope !!!!!

flyon16th
    Participant

Thanks Cyprus, pleased for you and it gives me some hope as my docs were received a few days after yours! Fingers crossed

Fingernailsgone
    Participant

Hey, Summers Sun & Flyon16th

We too fly on the 16th. Just to give you some glimmer of hope, My youngest daughters old passport was picked up by the Liverpool office on the 15th of September. Approval has been granted this morning.

My eldest daughters (although sent a couple days later) was picked up by the Peterborough office on the 21st of September. This has still to be approved 🙁

I’m hoping the other passport follows a similar time frame or sooner, as It’s kind of consistent with what some others have said on here, around the three weeks mark between date of receiving old passport & approval date of New.

It’s gut wrenching. Wishing you both the very best of luck.

summers sun
    Participant

Hi Flyon16th,

Photo was rejected this morning, re sent another picture and it was approved straight away. I should have my sons passport in the next few days. They do work in documents received date order, I am so happy xx

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.