Child’s renewal……help!

Home Forums COVID-19 Child’s renewal……help!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    lisparks
    Participant

Me! I applied 27/07 and documents received by them 29/07 but nothing further, not even been put into processing yet by Peterborough. I feel like the application has been misplaced but no one will listen when I call!

haifever
    Participant

@lisparks we applied on 26th July, passport received 30th at Bootle. No updates yet ..
    I think we must be close !! Judging by timelines other users have posted we should expect to go into processing by Monday. Good luck .. what a wait though !

lisparks
    Participant

Fingers crossed judging by some others. Just find it strange that most are received documents and passed for processing the same or next day 🤷‍♀️ I feel like there should be a little update in between like ‘we are just busy we haven’t forgotten you!’

Leshere
    Participant

Passport due to be delivered today so 5 weeks altogether. Child replacement so no new documents but lives overseas.

Passport printed and sent 1:29pm on 12 August 2021
    Application approved 9:47am on 12 August 2021
    Application being processed 12:00pm on 12 July 2021
    Identity details received 9:25pm on 10 July 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:40am on 10 July 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:40am on 10 July 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:41pm on 9 July 2021
    Application submitted 3:41pm on 9 July 2021

LD
    Participant

Think mines been forgotten about no updates at all after processing contacted them on twitter and just got a standard reply saying wait the 10 weeks as it states 😕

robertw
    Participant

We are due to travel on Tuesday but still no passport from the Peterborough office

Application 5th July
    Documents received 9th July
    Application processing 21st July

I have managed to speak to the processing team this week and apparently it was passed to an examiner from pre-examination phase on the 6th August. However phoned again today and spoke to someone who suggested it is still waiting to be assigned to an examiner. I keep getting told it is a 10 week turn around from receipt of documents and we are only at 6 weeks.

lisparks
    Participant

Just thought I would let you know my application was approved today. No signs of printing and posting but now I know it’s been looked at the next step should be long. Have you heard anything?

LD
    Participant

Just checked mine is still processing

dt1901
    Participant

There’s definitely significant anomalies between offices based on last few posts. We submitted 5 weeks ago today and been processing 3 weeks tomorrow. My wife’s (submitted same time) has been back 2.5 weeks now.

haifever
    Participant

My sister just received her daughters renewal (abroad) 4 weeks after submitting.
    I sent to Bootle and still in “documents received” 3 weeks on.

@Dt1901
    – extra frustrating for you guys to have two very different experiences.
    I read on twitter that there are actually two systems. the new one will take an application from approved to printed etc within a few hours and the applications that go through the old system can be stuck in processing for weeks.
    I also saw someone who sent their adult renewal to bootle this month and received it a couple of days later.
    Feels like a lottery right now.

dt1901
    Participant

That’s the system my wife’s followed but also mine last September. Maybe they can’t use that for children’s passports due to extra safeguarding checks that must be made as I’ve not heard of any adults in this position.

That would make a great deal more sense.

billygoat36
    Participant

We are also stuck. Son (19) passport renewal sent in on 29 July, no update other than ‘documents received’. He needs his passport soon as he needs to sort a visa to study overseas.
    Can you change your application to fast-track once submitted? Or is there anything he can do to speed it up?

clozzaaa
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve also recently submitted a child renewal application to bootle
    Application sent and received 09/8/21
    Docs received 12/08 – nothing since and supposed to be going away 27th aug.
    Anyone on similar time scale with any updates ?

Thanks

dt1901
    Participant

Hi, I’ve finally had an update about 2pm today that our apication after over 4 weeks has moved from processing to approved.

Anyone had recent experience of how long from that it takes to actually receive it? Reason being, my wife and daughter fly Tuesday morning and ideally my son would go with them, but they are making us sweat by leaving it to bitter end! My chance has gone as I’m back in work next week.

lisparks
    Participant

That’s such a shame. From date of approval it took 48 hours for my sons to be printed and delivered to my door. Hope this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.