Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    robato
    Participant

I sent my old passport using special delivery to:
    HM Passport Office
    UK-DAP
    Long Croft Road
    Corby
    NN18 8UA

However, one week later both Royal Mail and the passport tracking has failed to record my old passport as being delivered. Since the delivery was not signed as delivered, the passport advice line told me to contact Royal Mail. RM call handler said she’s taken lots of calls about Corby and Bootle passport offices and said it’s quite likely that due to the volume of mail, both RM and the passport office just haven’t scanned them in yet.

So I’m interested to know the timelines for anyone who sent a passport into Corby PO and how long until they confirmed receipt.

yawa
    Participant

Sent my old passport on the 28th of January via 1st Class Signed For, to Corby. It was signed for/delivered today at 8:00am.

I sent it via my local Post Office in London, if that matters.

robato
    Participant

Hi Yawa, what does it show on your passport application tracking?

My one still says “Send your old passport”. This is almost 2 weeks (9 working days) after the special delivery due date. Starting to get worried now.

robato
    Participant

I just got an update:

Documents received 1:41pm on 4 February 2022
    Application received 9:57am on 23 January 2022
    Application submitted 9:57am on 23 January 2022

yawa
    Participant

I’m still stuck on “Send your old passport”. It was signed for on Tuesday. Hopefully it all moves pretty fast next week…

I submitted my application on the 28th, so hopefully it shouldn’t take much longer for them to update with “documents received”.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by yawa.
    hyperhyper2022
    Participant

Hey Guys!

I’m in the same situation. Sent passport on 19th Jan. Saw an update of “old passport received” after 10 days on 31st Jan, even though I sent them as recorded delivery and it was signed off on the 21st. No idea what the hell happened with the passport for 10 days? Sat on a desk somewhere?

When I applied they did stated that processing times was up to 4 weeks. So they “technically” wasted ten days of the 4 weeks to process time!

We travel on the 1st of March so if I need to fast track I have time to kick it off!

I did call the passport office. First time they were rude and hung up. Second time they promised a call back in 24hr determine where it’s at and discuss fast track option. Let’s see…

yawa
    Participant

From what I saw HMPO say on Twitter, once your documents are signed for, they sit around until an employee is assigned to them, which I guess happens when they are nearly finished processing their allotted applications. It only updates when your documents are linked to your application.

Thankfully I only need my passport to use as photo ID for a job since the DVLA are a complete shambles with 6 months+ waits for a provisional license. I do need my passport by 3rd March, so far I’m hopeful.

DockingPort
    Participant

Application submitted 10:44am on 26 January 2022

Application received 10:44am on 26 January 2022

Sent old passport 26 January 2022 by Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed 1pm

Top of RM tracking page still showing as “in Transit” – “due to leave South Midlands MC to go to Corby DO”
    Tracking history on same page says “Item Despatched to Corby DO – Jan 27”

So message at Corby passport office is still “Send old passport”

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by DockingPort.
    hyperhyper2022
    Participant

Quick update – success!

Application history:

Application approved – 10:05am on 7 February 2022
    Documents received – 11:04am on 31 January 2022
    Application received – 5:00pm on 19 January 2022
    Application submitted – 4:59pm on 19 January 2022

My main concern was the 11 days of no updates after sending my old passport, “documents received”. After that it’s approx. a week.

I only called once yesterday as mentioned on the threads yesterday (above) so that perhaps had some bearing?

robato
    Participant

@DockingPort I eventually got a refund for my Special Delivery postage since Royal Mail failed to obtain a signature. You should complain to RM too and hopefully, future applications will be tracked properly if they fix the tracking from Corby DO.

@hyperhyper2022
    Excellent, so yours would be about 3 weeks from application. Quite fast. Since my application is only a week behind yours, I feel hopeful I will get an update next week.

twinmum
    Participant

3 passports / 3 locations!

I too sent in a renewal application in on the 24th Jan, passport sent back 25th Jan and has yet to be marked down that they have it in Corby

However I also sent in her twins passport which went to Peterborough, they got the passport back on the 1st Feb

I also sent in my passport to Bootle and they got my docs on the 2nd

So I am wondering which of the passport offices will win this race ??

DockingPort
    Participant

Update today “Old Passport Received”
    (Sent 26 January 2022 by Royal Mail Special Delivery, same day as Application)

Documents received 10:58am on 8 February 2022

hyperhyper2022
    Participant

Passport printed and sent 8:50am on 8 February 2022
    Application approved 10:05am on 7 February 2022
    Documents received 11:04am on 31 January 2022
    Application received 5:00pm on 19 January 2022
    Application submitted 4:59pm on 19 January 2022

Finally!

DockingPort
    Participant

Progressing……

Application approved 1:38pm on 8 February 2022
    Documents received 10:58am on 8 February 2022

honeycor
    Participant

Hi Robato
    Here is mine:
    Application received 9:02pm on 25 January 2022
    Application submitted 7:54pm on 25 January 2022

Old passport sent via special delivery and signed for by Corby 27th Jan, but no receipt logged at that end yet.

Good luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.