Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    DockingPort
    Participant

Update…”Your new passport is on its way”

Passport printed and sent 8:53am on 9 February 2022
    Application approved 1:38pm on 8 February 2022
    Documents received 10:58am on 8 February 2022
    Application received 10:44am on 26 January 2022
    Application submitted 10:44am on 26 January 2022

honeycor
    Participant

Update:

Old passport marked as received, on 9 February (signed for by HMPO on 26 Jan)
    Application received 9:02pm on 25 January 2022
    Application submitted 7:54pm on 25 January 2022

Loopylou
    Participant

Passport applied for 31st Jan. Old passport sent same day. This was received 1st Feb. Still saying please send your old passport. Why does it seem to take longer from this office. Also is this office linked to the Peterborough one?

honeycor
    Participant

Oh the stress. Travelling on Sat. Is there any point at all in calling them to check up? No updates at all today, the time between logging receipt of old passport and approval seems to vary from one to seven days.

yawa
    Participant

Exactly the same for me, Loopy. They received my passport on the 1st Feb too. From what I’ve read on Twitter about Corby, it takes them 8-13 days to actually link your passport to your application (which is when you get the “Documents received” update.

robato
    Participant

I’m amazed DockingPort’s application was approved in only 3 hours of confirming the passport was received!

From what I gather it seems it takes approx 2 weeks to link the passport to your application, plus a further 1 week for approval, for a typical application.

They should just automatically scan packages since we write the application number on the front and the passports are all biometric now, just to let us (and themselves) that it’s in their possession.

Loopylou
    Participant

Still no update on documents recieved…looks like it won’t happen today. Fingers crossed for next week. Can’t understand why old passports are sitting around in a room for so long.
    Any news on your yawa? We seem to be around the same time scale.

Loopylou
    Participant

Would also like to know ho @DockingPort got his to go through so quick? If you wouldn’t mind sharing or was it just put luck?

DockingPort
    Participant

Yes it was pure luck, I wasn’t expecting it go through that quickly after the initial delay between Application received 10:44am on 26 January 2022 and Documents received 10:58am on 8 February 2022.

robato
    Participant

Interestingly, the official processing times have improved from 4 weeks to 3 weeks for standard applications.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office/about-our-services

robato
    Participant

I hope they’re not cheating the stats by taking a small number of applications and processing them super quick like DockingPort’s.

robato
    Participant

Yay!

Application approved 6:25pm on 11 February 2022
    Documents received 1:41pm on 4 February 2022
    Application received 9:57am on 23 January 2022
    Application submitted 9:57am on 23 January 2022

yawa
    Participant

Got an update really early morning today. Received a text at 8am saying they received my old passport. Nice to know they work on Saturdays. Judging by other applications, it should all be approved by next week.

Loopylou
    Participant

Also got an update today @yawa mine recieved at 09.18…woo hoo. Let’s hope for it all to be as swift as DockingPort

robato
    Participant

They sent mine on a Saturday:

Passport printed and sent 4:36pm on 12 February 2022
    Application approved 6:25pm on 11 February 2022
    Documents received 1:41pm on 4 February 2022
    Application received 9:57am on 23 January 2022
    Application submitted 9:57am on 23 January 2022

No tracking number yet but hopefully will have mine early next week. Good luck to those still waiting!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.