Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    ricoe
    Participant

No updates from me and I’m meant to travel next Wednesday. I have made several people at the management team aware and still no action. That’s just an empty promise

Ronyal
    Participant

When did yours go in to processing.

It’s a bit frustrating seeing all these other passports been done straight away when we’ve been waiting weeks and weeks with no updates

ricoe
    Participant

Documents received 12:40pm on 10 May 2022
    Application received 11:22am on 27 April 2022
    Identity details received 11:21am on 27 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:34am on 27 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:31am on 27 April 2022
    Application submitted 12:31am on 27 April 2022

I was told at the time that my support documents would return within 10 days. I am desperately trying to retrieve my returning documents. It’s really frustrating that the exact day Corby has received my documents was when all the news popped up.

Ronyal
    Participant

They received our documents on the 5th April, went in to processing on the 13th April. There’s been no update since.
    The other 2 we did went straight from documents received to approved, we received them on the 14th April, all done at the same time.

Dan9294
    Participant

Still no update on mine. I’ve spoke to someone who said the same as you @ronyal. I have a feeling we’ll be chasing them. No holiday excitement whatsoever because of all this. Fly 4 weeks on Saturday. Almost 7 weeks since submission.

roadkillkebab
    Participant

From what I see in here the applications tend to get processed a few days after the documents were received, it’s the 26th of May but still no status update, should I be worried? Is the Corby office likely to reach out in a reasonable amount of time if there are issues with my documents or my application? It’s a bit weird that people that applied and sent their documents even later than I did are already getting their passports, I’m wondering why I’ve been skipped.

Documents received 4:32pm on 12 May 2022
    Application received 9:38am on 29 April 2022
    Identity details received 9:38am on 29 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:08am on 29 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6:52pm on 28 April 2022
    Application submitted 6:52pm on 28 April 2022

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by roadkillkebab.
    ricoe
    Participant

@roadkillkebab we’re on the exact same boat. I tried everything under the sun to retrieve my supporting documentation with no success so far.

ribena71
    Participant

@Ronyal – No, still nothing! The online webchat never works, there’s never anyone available on the phone and I had no response to the query form. Annoyingly, the date they show as having received my documents is ten days after they were actually signed for at the passport office so that means I’ve got to wait even longer for the 10 week cut-off.

Ronyal
    Participant

@ribena71
    It’s ridiculous after days of trying to call and getting a recorded message saying there was no one to take my call, I was told that I couldn’t do anything until the application was either more than 10 weeks old or 2 weeks before we fly.

She said if it ends up being 2 weeks before we fly and its inside the 10 weeks there’s a £60 charge and its not a guaranteed service. I even said I was happy to pay the £60 now as I had finally managed to get through to just get the passport back in time, but she said no. Should have just lied and said the flight was in 2 weeks.

Doesn’t seem at all right that new applications are getting done straight away but some are waiting for ages.

ricoe
    Participant

My trip is on Wednesday and even though I managed to speak with several different people, send emails, letters and formularies, no support was given. The most shocking thing is I have requested several times to retrieve my documents back and no answer. At the moment I have no id. I hope you all have better luck

roadkillkebab
    Participant

@ricoe I have no travel plans set in stone but it looks like there’s a trend where people either wait an extremely short time (as in under a month) or an extremely long time (3+ months) to get their documents back.

It just feels unfair that others have been prioritized over me and if I will potentially to have to spend the entire summer without my passport I think I deserve an explanation. I mean, it’s fine if they’ve just been busy, but it doesn’t justify scrambling up the queues in my opinion, I figure it would only be ok from a legal point of view if they had a good reason for it and I’ve neither been communicated that reason nor asked for more information.

ricoe
    Participant

Received the so promised call back that then was escalated to a management team member, quite arrogant by the way. Basically said nothing could be done and kept quoting the timelines on the website so no use for keeping calling or waiting for hours only to be given standard information. No compassion no understanding. I hope you all get better luck.

Dan9294
    Participant

Update
    Mine went to application approved yesterday exactly 7 weeks to the date I submitted it. So hoping to receive my passport this week 🤞🏼.

Ronyal
    Participant

@dan9294

Did yours go in to processing or straight from received to approved

Ronyal
    Participant

They’ve had our documents 8 weeks tomorrow and still no update

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.