Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    vikkilee22
    Participant

Does anyone know the upgrade email for the Corby office please

JT14
    Participant

Straightforward adult renewal.

Application approved on 18 May
    Documents shown as received 16 May
    Documents actually received 5 May per RM
    Application submitted 1 May.

Hopefully printing and delivery will now take 2-3 days.

Ronyal
    Participant

Some seem to go straight through without being checked, we got 2 back within 2 weeks still waiting in the 3rd been in processing since 13th April. Application received 29th March Documents received 5th April.

The variation in processing times seems to be pot luck at the minute

tomfromaus
    Participant

@Ronyal

There’s two routes it takes.

Documents Received > Approved
    (Usually 2 business days after marked as received)

Documents Received > Processing > Approved
    (This process requires an examiner to review your application for errors/confirm it’s valid

The processing queue varies depending on offices and can take up to 10 weeks in some cases.

If you are due to travel in 14 days, seek an upgrade or log on to the Premium Service queue at 8AM on the dot and you’ll be added to a queue to book a premium service.

Dan9294
    Participant

@tomfromaus

Surely you mean upto 10 weeks from start to finish? Not just processing that would take applications over 10 weeks. I’ve got 3 more weeks then I’m trying to get a premium appointment. I’m not sure how it works with my application already in and can I even do that? My friend has just got her sons yesterday she flys today!
    She emailed loads and eventually got a phone call to go pick it up from Durham from a London based office. It’s chaos!!

Dan9294
    Participant

They seem to be leaving kids, lost/damaged or first adult passports till last!!

KS38
    Participant

Would just like to give a wee update on my daughters passport renewal. Now just waiting for it to be approved which am hoping won’t be too long.

Application history

Documents received 10:06am on 18 May 2022
    (Courier confirmed it was delivered on the 6th May 2022)

Application received 4:43pm on 3 May 2022

Identity details receive 4:42pm on 3 May 2022

Application submitted 4:27pm on 3 May 2022

@Shaz79
    & @TonyC have you had any further updates as seems our passports all seemed to working along the same time line. Thanks

TonyC
    Participant

Application was approved yesterday so I’m expecting it to be printed either today or Monday.

Application approved 3:55pm on 19 May 2022
    Documents received 1:15pm on 17 May 2022
    Application received 3:29pm on 5 May 2022
    Application submitted 3:28pm on 5 May 2022

KS38
    Participant

Aww that’s great to hear @TonyC hopefully I get another update soon as I seem to be a day behind you. 🤞

Shaz79
    Participant

Application for child to adult renewal approved yesterday

Application approved 6:20pm on 19 May 2022
    Documents received 2:58pm on 17 May 2022
    Application received 6:54pm on 4 May 2022
    Application submitted 6:53pm on 4 May 2022

KS38
    Participant

Thoughts I would just update 3 weeks since I started my daughters renewal and just waiting for it to arrive now.
    Once they confirmed they had received it everything has moved quickly.

Application history
    StatusDate
    Passport printed 8:32pm on 23 May 2022
    Application approved 3:16pm on 20 May 2022
    Documents received 10:06am on 18 May 2022
    Application received 4:43pm on 3 May 2022
    Identity details received 4:42pm on 3 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:31pm on 3 May 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 4:27pm on 3 May 2022
    Application submitted 4:27pm on 3 May 2022

TonyC
    Participant

Passport arrived this morning, 19 days after submitting the application. Apart from waiting the 12 days for documents to be received it was a very easy process.

Passport printed 10:23am on 23 May 2022
    Application approved 3:55pm on 19 May 2022
    Documents received 1:15pm on 17 May 2022
    Application received 3:29pm on 5 May 2022
    Application submitted 3:28pm on 5 May 2022

Ronyal
    Participant

@ribena71 have you had any further update in yours yet, yours was about a week ahead of mine.

It’s totally crazy that some people are getting there’s back in 3 weeks and some are taking month. Into week 9 now. Can’t get thought on the phone and no one bothers to reply to emails.

It was just a straight forward renewal, no changes to any details.

Just over 4 weeks til we fly now.

ricoe
    Participant

**PLEASE READ THIS**

I’ve been trying to retrieve my supporting documentation I.e my other nationality passport and after several phone calls and hours waiting I managed to have my call transferred to the senior team. One advisor advised me to try to go to Corby in person so I can speak to someone and retrieve my passport so I can travel next week. I was also informed by this advisor that he would write an internal note, advising the team I would go there, since he was unable to transfer the call directly or provide any other contact.
    I went all the way from London to Corby (to the postcode confirmed by the advisor, who also confirmed my documents were still there) only to get into an industrial park, which basically processes the documents and played oblivious to HMPO and having no idea what I was taking about. I ended up going to the sorting centre in Corby to find out the correct address, hoping that was a misunderstanding and there was indeed another building and someone aware of my visit.
    Apparently I was one of the few people being misinformed, the staff at Corbys Royal Mail sorting centre reported several people turning up with the same problem.

So if anyone advises you to do so, don’t do it as it’s a waste of time and money

Ronyal
    Participant

So I finally managed to speak to someone on the passport office help line. They said once it gets to 2 weeks before we fly or 10 weeks since the documents where received (which ever comes first) we could call back and upgrade to a fast track service – however this wasn’t guaranteed.

Has anyone who’s had their application go to processing rather than straight to approved had any updates yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.