Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Fergy
    Participant

Final update since my last 6 days ago.

With my wife’s renewal being turned around within a week by Glasgow but no response from Durham whatsoever on mine I requested a call back and spoke to HMPO on Tuesday 7th July. The message then was “responses vary by office and you will hear.”

However the very next day things moved rapidly and full timeline has been:

New Blue passport received 13th July
    Passport printed and sent 10:11pm on 8 July 2020
    Application approved 9:57am on 8 July 2020
    Documents received 9:02am on 8 July 2020
    Application received 9:19pm on 28 June 2020 (signed for on 29th June)
    Application submitted 9:19pm on 28 June 2020

So a call / callback may work as I have seen other similar reports on here

Good luck all

jamesd1974
    Participant

Ajdwaiting after 48hrs of no reply call them again and say this is the second time now as had no reply they will put you through and will ask you to email them
    Proof that it was booked pre Covid once you do that will get marked as urgent also tell them that you need them 7 days before as need to add api info to the ticket (advanced travel information) that’s what I did Friday for my holiday on the 3rd since Friday 2 were approved and sent on Saturday and 2 today

PW24
    Participant

I have been reading your posts with interest and wondered if anyone has any advice. I applied for an adult renewal via the post office digital check and send system on the 22nd June. I have not received any communication by email or text from the passport office with an update on progress, and when I use their tracking system I get the message ‘the details entered don’t match our records’. I have tried calling, emailing and submitting tweets and DM’s on Twitter but I can’t seem to get anyone at the passport office to answer why I keep getting this message when the PO have checked my details and said they are correct. It has been been 3 weeks since the PO submitted my application to Durham and I notice that some of you have had either your passport back within that time frame or can at least access a progress report. I to have flights that were booked prior to Covid19 and waited to submit my renewal until now thinking I would have enough time before I travel in August, but I am concerned about how long it will take now considering that I can’t even get an update…..has anyone else had the same issue?

nk8366
    Participant

I did PO digital check and send too, apparently it went to Durham, but as you say there is no way to track your passport since it is sent in a special pouch, or so I have been told. I thought that I would speed things up by using post office for photos etc. but it seems that this is not the case. My passport is still not registered as received and post office staff say that there is no way to confirm that the pouch with my passport has even reached the Passport Office!

PW24
    Participant

Were you given a receipt with a POD number on it? You can use this to track progress on passport website….doesn’t give a definitive idea of how soon this can be done (Post Office said you can track immediately)….you would assume you should be able to see some progress after 3 weeks?

nk8366
    Participant

I have POD but no way of knowing if the passport actually arrived there, as you would have if you posted it yourself. So far on the site it still says We are waiting for your old passport

jamesd1974
    Participant

Nk8366
    Durham are taking 15 days plus to acknowledge they have received them mine was delivered recorded delivery on the 26th June and only on the 11th July did it show as received up till then it said send passport

jamesd1974
    Participant

After 14 days the passport office will escalate it

nk8366
    Participant

Thank you for the info James, I am glad that your passports are on the way!

jamesd1974
    Participant

If u can prove that u booked a holiday before Covid they will mark it as urgent as well

AJDwaiting
    Participant

Well I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence (probably not) but after calling yesterday and still waiting for a callback from complaints, my husband and my adult renewals, and our baby’s first passport have just been approved!
    This is our progress up to now:

Application approved 10:01am on 14 July 2020
    (Phone call to ask for complaints callback 13th July)
    Application being processed 7:44am on 25 June 2020
    Documents received 12:35pm on 23 June 2020 (but signed for 16th June)
    Application received 7:05pm on 12 June 2020
    Application submitted 7:05pm on 12 June 2020

Not celebrating until they’re in our hands but thanks to all for your support and advice. Wishing everyone still waiting the best of luck!

sprajax1
    Participant

@jamesd1974 thanks for the suggestions. I booked flights before covid so I have mentioned this and its been over 14 days since I applied so I will try to get them to escalate as im flying out mid August. In the same boat as most people here I see. Applied for an adult passport renewal and a child renewal. Adult passport has gone to Glasgow and is moving abit quicker than the Child passport that has gone to Durham. After two weeks, the child passport is only showing ‘we have received your old documents’ and the adult passport is at ‘application being processed since the 8th July. Its all very nerve racking. Sleepless nights and stress – have lost half a stone already! 🙁 Ive tried the call backs and twitter, with no response at the moment. I will keep this site posted with my timeline once I actually have one to share.

AndyH
    Participant

@james1974 and @sprajax1 I was told you have of made your application 4 weeks ago for it to be escalated, were you told differently? Thanks.

sprajax1
    Participant

Hi @AndyH – managed to get a response from HM Passport twitter account. The lady said, I can only escalate if I havent received the passports two weeks before we fly and we may have to provide proof of flight details. So technically, for me, that would make it 4 weeks after application.

sezntom666
    Participant

What the hell did I just read , I Just read the shame on you message .
    I just want to say that during this pandemic I have worked hours upon hours as a nurse , saving people’s lives whilst putting my own family at risk. I have shed tears through working so hard . I think there is no shame in wanted to get away for a week away . I had 2 holidays cancelled in space of a year. 1 through thomas cook due to the airline going down and one which was in june for my 1st anniversary with my husband. I have booked a family holiday for august and I fully intent on enjoying ever second of it. Plus anywhere in the uk is twice as expensive as going abroad.
    Shame on you for even commenting .

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.