Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    jamesd1974
    Participant

It’s on the web site
    ‭0300 222 0000‬

nk8366
    Participant

Thank you!

jamesd1974
    Participant

👍

OwBrH
    Participant

Update from me…

Application approved8:36am on 11 July 2020Application being processed9:59am on 7 July 2020Documents received11:08am on 2 July 2020Application received8:26pm on 20 June 2020Identity details received8:26pm on 20 June 2020Email sent to person confirming your identity8:15pm on 20 June 2020Ask someone to confirm your identity8:06pm on 20 June 2020Application submitted8:06pm on 20 June 2020

AndyH
    Participant

Hi all just a quick update on my daughters renewal which was signed for at the Durham office on Thursday 2 July, it is still yet to be acknowledged on the system. I am due to travel on 1 August.

I DM’d HMPO on 3 July with our travel date and theY replied on 8 July saying they had added a note to the application. I emailed our MP yesterday who replied straight away saying they had escalated the situation and to contact them next week if no progress. So hopefully some positive updates soon. Both wet helpful.

I did everything a bit early but thought I’d do as much as I can not knowing how long it would take HMPO or my MP to reply.

Have found this forum really useful so thank you all.

As for the person who said stay local, we booked our holiday last year, were in complete isolation during lockdown, my wife didn’t see our kids for 4 weeks because of her job so think we are entitled to a holiday. We will be self contained in a villa and I’d rather that than stay local where idiots have little respect for social distancing or the UKs beautiful coastline by dumping rubbish everywhere which poses additional risks!

jamesd1974
    Participant

Andyh they will ask for proof that is was book prior to March as long as you have a receipt or email confirming that and can be shown that it was sent before March they will help that’s what happened to me yesterday with the complaints department

Gemski91
    Participant

@OwBrH

Your update inspired em to look. I also had no notification however as of yesterday I was updated to ‘being processed’ woohoo!

Application being processed 10 July 2020
    Documents received 3 July 2020
    Application received 19 June 2020
    Identity details received 19 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 19 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 19 June 2020
    Application submitted 19 June 2020

tigmusic
    Participant

Hi folks,
    Anyone know how long the delivery time is once the passport is printed and sent?

Many thanks

Child renewal details below

Passport printed and sent 4:10pm on 9 July 2020
    Application approved 3:00pm on 8 July 2020
    Documents received 12:02pm on 8 July 2020
    Application received 6:39pm on 28 June 2020
    Application submitted 6:38pm on 28 June 2020

pass2020
    Participant

Hey guys, here is my information.
    I submitted my online application from overseas around the same time as @Gemski91, still waiting:

Application being processed 10:37am on 9 July 2020
    Documents received 8:26am on 8 July 2020
    Application received 7:39pm on 17 June 2020
    Application submitted 7:38pm on 17 June 2020

pass2020
    Participant

Forgot to mention, mine is adult passport renewal.

jamesd1974
    Participant

Strange most adult renewals fly through

sassysez
    Participant

I have a 4 week old baby who I am still unable to register the birth for due to Covid related delays And backlogs, but have an appointment to do so next week. Once I have his birth certificate I will be applying for a passport for him as we are looking to go abroad at the end of September. Does anyone have recent experience of applying for a first child passport at Durham to give me an idea of how long the processing takes at this office specifically for a first child passport at the minute?
    Thanks

jamesd1974
    Participant

I wouldn’t book anything till you have the passport they will get things moving quicker but only if you can prove it was booked before March otherwise they won’t even entertain it to be honest

AJDwaiting
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    Have found your updates and advice very helpful these past couple of weeks!

Waiting for first child passport (born in February) and two adult renewals (expired in April). Tried to be organised and apply in April but like most people delayed it as the online system advised (not an emergency).
    Booked a holiday in September 2019 but assumed it would be cancelled when covid kicked off but it is going ahead and we can’t delay or cancel. Applied on 12th June and they’ve been in ‘application processing’ since 25th June.

Emailed my MP last week but yet to get a reply. Set up a twitter account to DM on there but no response (yet). Called the passport office this morning and waiting for complaints to call me back. I’m just wondering for those that had their applications marked as urgent, did you have special circumstances? The girl I spoke to this morning said that complaints were unlikely to do anything as it is ‘just a holiday’. I understand others have more urgent circumstances but I’m a doctor and my husband is a key worker so we are well due the holiday we paid thousands for last year, I just find the attitude I’ve encountered over the phone so far very dismissive.

Any further advice would be much appreciated!

AJDwaiting
    Participant

* meant to add we fly 1st August so still some time to chase but getting more anxious as the days go by!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.