Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    hs99
    Participant

Can’t believe I can finally post this! Thought it was never going to come! My timeline below
    Received today 30th March (apart from I was not in so I am collecting from TNT Depot tomorrow)
    Passport with TNT 29th March
    Passport printed 1:15pm on 29 March 2022
    Application approved 8:56am on 29 March 2022
    Application being processed 12:30pm on 24 February 2022
    Documents received 7:36pm on 23 February 2022
    Application received 10:11am on 14 February 2022
    Application submitted 10:10am on 14 February 2022

I had no correspondence from TNT until today I just put my application number in the tracking yesterday and that worked so that’s how I knew it was coming today 🙂 good luck all x

worriedgroom22
    Participant

Amazing news hs99!

It’s really good it went to approved to getting it delivered in just one day!

Fingers crossed ours is not far behind!

Good luck for the future!

Clabro2918
    Participant

That’s great news. I’m getting a little worried that it has just been stuck in approved for 6 days. No notifications of printing or any movement. Fingers crossed we hear something soon

redletter
    Participant

First time overseas passport update. Passport printed on 10th of March 2022. Supporting documents were delivered 31st of March to New Zealand.

aat66
    Participant

My toddle’s passport renew was received in 7th March, and it has been in processed state forever. We need the passport back on 5th April….
    I think time is running out, any advises on what options are for fast-tracking?

amirun87
    Participant

you wont be able to fast track it at this stage. you need to write in a letter to cancel and then they send back documents. but could take 3weeks or more

aat66
    Participant

thank you.. are there any contact number I can call directly to the processing team?

pkenny12
    Participant

We rang yesterday the helpline and they put me through to the processing team and I waited 2 hours for someone to answer but it was worth it to find out what was happening.

aat66
    Participant

Interesting.. what did you mention managed to get through processing team?
    I am asking because the initial triage team doesn’t want to transfer the call…

Passportwait
    Participant

Hi all, I’m so frustrated sent my sons passport in on the 10th March for renewal, had message on 14th to say they received his documents, 16th it’s now being processed and still waiting , anyone know how long it takes to process, josh don’t understand as I had to send his documents to Belfast but when I rang the other day for an update they told me it’s in Durham

worriedgroom22
    Participant

Hi Passportwait,

It looks like you are joining the unlucky ‘Processing’ group. From what I can tell if you are lucky then your application goes straight from ‘Documents received’ to ‘Application approved’ in about a week.

If your application is in ‘Processing’ it is waiting for a physical exam from an examiner, this wait can take anywhere from 5-10 weeks from the date they received it in Durham.

Here my timeline for reference:

Application submitted: 17 Feb 2022
    Passport recieved at Peterborough (via Royal mail tracked): 18 Feb 2022
    Documents Received: 28 Feb 2022
    Documents sent to Durham: 3 March 2022
    Application being processed/waiting for examiner: 11 March 2022

Passportwait
    Participant

I wonder why some gets approved straight away, why we got to send them one place and they send them to another place I just don’t understand, oh u have been waiting so long, have u rang them to see what the hold up is, god knows how long I will have to wait if you done yours in February

worriedgroom22
    Participant

I suspect they are moving around applications due to offices being overwhelemed. Durham is their head office that also deals with international application, so it could be that there is something that requires head office involvement with our application.

I’ve called in twice, they have said both times that it is waiting for an examiner and that the process can take up to 10 weeks for the 3rd March (when Durham received the old passport). By judging the comments on here I’m hoping/expecting my application will be approved by 11th-15th April.

We have our honeymoon on the 16th May. I thought 12 weeks was more than enough time, as the stadnard time on HMPO’s website was 3 weeks when I applied. I’m getting slightly worried now.

cmichelle89
    Participant

After ringing every day for a week, I finally got through to someone helpful on the processing team who told me my letter confirming the damage to my passport was linked to my application on 28/03 (Royal Mail said this was signed for by Durham office 11/03). I explained to her how much I was panicking and asked if a note could be left on my application for the examiners to pick it up asap, she said she could email Durham office with my details letting them know when I fly and the date I have to apply for my visa by. The next day, my application got approved so now just waiting for it to be printed and delivered. Just under 4 weeks til I fly so I’m feeling relieved and a lot more hopeful it will arrive with time to spare.

It’s a ridiculous system and it doesn’t seem to be very fair, but ringing them and hounding them to do something seems to do the trick!

pkenny12
    Participant

Aat66 – we rang the day before twice and she said someone would ring us back but we missed the call so I rang back an hour later and they put me in the que to speak to the processing team.

We are currently in week 9 we spoke to someone yesterday and have been told it’s with an examiner there just waiting for them documents to be uploaded and looked at.

Letter for extra documents 15th March
    Application being processed 21 February 2022
    Documents received 18 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity30 January 2022
    Application submitted on 30 January 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.