Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    passport7833
    Participant

My passport for first adult was being processed from the 28th march, I’m due to go away 2nd may any indication if this will come in time?

Bethanie
    Participant

Hi,

I have applied for a new passport after loosing it.

It has been stuck on this since..

Identity details received 2:21pm on 25 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:48pm on 25 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 1:45pm on 25 March 2022
    Application submitted 1:45pm on 25 March 2022

Is this normal? I go on holiday in 6 weeks so panicking!

lisam1988
    Participant

Bethanie – I applied for my passport 8 weeks ago today and it’s still processing. I hope your passport happens faster than mine!

passportpanic
    Participant

Are you being seen by an examiner yet at least Lisam? Have they given you any idea of how much longer it will take? I feel like we’re both destined to 10+ weeks. So frustrating.

lisam1988
    Participant

Passportpanic – I am planning on phoning early next week to try to speak to the progress team to stress that if they don’t start moving my application along it will be more than 10 weeks which means they fail in their “up to 10 weeks”.

When I spoke to the general people that answer the phones I was told I my application was waiting on an examiner, that was one week ago today and was told the same thing when I phoned the week before.

I don’t have a holiday until July but I have a visa application waiting on this passport as I want to work abroad for the next couple years so this is really putting a hold on that which is beyond frustrating!

I was hoping for some movement today as it’s now been in processing for 24 days and I had seen a few others go from processing to approved around the 23/24 day mark but not to be for my application.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by lisam1988.
    Bethanie
    Participant

How do I know which passport office it’s gone to? I just assume Durham because that’s my local one.

lisam1988
    Participant

If you still have proof of postage from Royal Mail you can check the address it was sent to on that.
    Mine was sent to Liverpool initially and was transferred to Peterborough as Liverpool was too busy.

My local passport office is Glasgow so neither Liverpool or Peterborough are anywhere close!

pkenny12
    Participant

My closest is Peterborough ours is at Durham, we only found out because we needed to send additional documents xx

Bethanie
    Participant

Oh, I’ve not needed to send anything. It has all been done online so maybe I won’t get to find out 😬

Passportwait
    Participant

If u ring them they can tell u which office it’s gone to

AnnieS
    Participant

SO, we finally received our 2 children’s passports today (1st April) and our travel date is 8th April. It has been really stressful, but interesting that my daughter’s passport was printed on 30th March and we received it on 1st April together with my son’s passport which had been printed on 23rd March.

We received a text on 24th March saying ‘you should receive you new passport in a few working days’ but even through calling they couldn’t tell us which of the two children’s passports this pertained to (we had done the paper post office check and send route). Then, when I discovered my daughters passport had only been printed on 30th I thought we had no chance given that my son’s had been printed on 23rd and still hadn’t arrived. But then they did arrive on 1st April (today). Both of them did.

What I think did help (though I can’t be sure) is that I did contact my MPs office. The MPs assistant contacted HM Passport Office (they have a dedicated telephone line for MPs) and flagged our travel date as 8th April on their system apparently. The passport office also told the MPs office that our passports should be with us in time and the MPs assistant phoned me to let us know this. So, I am hugely grateful. My learning is that I will only ever do FAST TRACK from now on as you never know when your passport is needed. I really hope it works out for the rest of you. All in all it has been 7 weeks since posting via the post office. Online applications are definitely quicker as it takes some time for paper applications to be scanned onto the system. The Post Office didn’t tell me this.

I have started a government petition to improve the passport processing system, communication with call handlers and tracking. 5 of you lovely people supported it. I will share on this forum if the petition is approved as no-one else can support it now until and if it goes live.

Good luck to all of you!

AnnieS
    Participant

Child renewal timeline (2 children):
    -Post Office Check and Send: 15th February for both
    -Processing (both): 23rd February
    -1 child’s passport printed 23rd Feb (text received on 24th Feb saying it should arrive in next few days – but didn’t)
    -2 child passport printed 30th March

Both passports received on 1st April 2022 (possible because I contacted my MPs office who also phoned the passport office).

Travel date: 8th April.

Total time: 46 days (6 weeks and 4 days).

AnnieS
    Participant

sorry – so not full weeks as I had said above. It is 6 weeks and 4 days for both children’s renewal of passport. Adult renewal was 5 weeks exactly.

pkenny12
    Participant

This passport stuff is stressful, we are on week 9. 10 on Sunday!! and today got an update my daughters passport can no longer be tracked online, as it’s been moved to a paper application instead. But the helpline can’t find either applications AGAIN! So once again I’m waiting for a call back from someone to explain to me why this has happened and when it will be completed.
    Just under 4 weeks until we travel. The stress is ruining the build up!!

broccoli88
    Participant

It’s taking them a very, very long time just to scan old passports. This is an adult renewal from Spain.

Documents received 5:37pm on 1 April 2022
    Old passport sent on March 10, signed for on March 15.
    Application received 4:21pm on 10 March 2022
    Application submitted 4:21pm on 10 March 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.