Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    pix6608
    Participant

Forgot to add passport was blue.

ColinM
    Participant

@gemski91

I have now changed my Easyjet flights to 23 July it was a free change because they had cancelled the original one but I could do with flying out sooner, I have another Ryanair flight booked for Tuesday but there is no way the passport will be here to take that, it does have a free change (pay the fare difference) option but not sure when it might be possible to change it. I’ll probably just change it to an August date and wait on the passport and go on 23 July or if it shows up earlier then I may book another flight earlier. I go to this destination a lot for business so it’s not a big problem moving flights.

I’m still in the same situation on the passport front, it’s still not showing the documents have been received and I know they signed for them on 18th July.

Yesterday I rang the passport office again and requested a callback, it was late around 4pm and they have not rung back yet. I did send another message through the online portal and received a message back from a Liverpool email address saying they can’t give updates or timescales, panic set in thinking that they’ve forwarded my renewal to the Liverpool office who are taking by far the longest to process applications (my old passport was originally issued there), I queried it and they confirmed Durham were handling the renewal but all messaging and updates come from Liverpool.

I’m no further along to receiving it, very frustrating especially when you see others applying, sending documents and receiving their passports back after I started my application. There doesn’t appear much control in the post room at Durham. It’s a bit of a lottery some fly through in 2 weeks others are taking much longer with no explanation. The only consistent appear to be once they register on the tracking that they have received the old passport then it seems more often than not it’s quite quick from that point, unless there are further complications with photos etc.

Gemski91
    Participant

@ColinM

I completely agree there, there is no consistency with Durham! It seems to be one person has 2 weeks total and the next is 2 months!

Makes absolutely no sense! I submitted my application 19th June and they had my documents by 23rd however they only updated the system on the 3rd, just 6 hours after I finally got a call back from the passport office in Newport.

jgh
    Participant

Thought our input might be useful, we are applying for an overseas child renewal from Europe.

Application being processed 11:23am on 16 June 2020
    Documents received 9:51am on 15 June 2020
    Application received 2:48pm on 6 June 2020
    Application submitted 2:48pm on 6 June 2020

We contacted them on Twitter and they replied a week later saying that we submitted it ‘only a month ago’ and that they can’t provide guarantees, basically saying you’re not going to receive it anytime soon. A bit of a shame considering we were meant to be travelling this week but at least we were able to cancel the holiday!

The whole process seems so hit and miss depending on who you are. No consistency whatsoever!

PaulB
    Participant

We have two applications, one adult renewal and one child renewal. We posted them off together and today the adult renewal was marked as received but not the child on.

ADULT RENEWAL
    Applied 25th June
    Posted 26th June
    Received (according to RM) 29th June
    Marked as received 6th July

CHILD RENEWAL
    Applied 25th June
    ID verified 25th June
    Posted 26th June
    Received (according to RM) 29th June

OwBrH
    Participant

@Gemski91 Any updates?

Gemski91
    Participant

@OwBrH

Sadly not. I am still at ‘Documents received’. You’ll have to remind me what stage you’re at with your passport as me memory is very poor these days!

I expect it to be another week before I get any change on the tracking if I’m honest. This is my very first ever passport.

OwBrH
    Participant

@Gemski91 I’m at the same stage as you. I think you applied 1 day before me and your docs were scanned in 1 day after mine. Mine is a 1st child one so we may end up with different results. Out of interest – have you got a trip overseas booked?

nickylou87
    Participant

Hi all

Just to give my experience of sending off for first child passport at Durham office

Application history

Passport printed and sent 2:38pm on 7 July 2020
    Application approved 8:16pm on 6 July 2020
    Application being processed 12:07pm on 12 June 2020
    Documents received 2:11pm on 11 June 2020
    Application received 12:55pm on 2 June 2020
    Identity details received 12:54pm on 2 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:27pm on 1 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:49pm on 1 June 2020
    Application submitted 7:49pm on 1 June 2020

We were panicking as we fly to Spain on 27th July. I rang the passport office on 2nd July to find out how long and to inform them it was urgent as we had non refundable flights booked pre corona virus. Got call back on 3rd July and they informed they couldn’t tell us how long but noted when we were going on holiday. Was approved on 6th. May be coincidental but I think it helped calling them to speed it up a bit.

Fergy
    Participant

Update to my post of 4th July:

Durham still yet to acknowledge receipt of my old passport yet my wife’s new (Blue) one has just arrived in the past 10 minutes (processed by Glasgow), a turnaround of 10 days!

iain
    Participant

Update
    Had callback on 5th July but no help, now this evening finally had message say photo was no good despite showing top end of good when submitted.
    New photo taken and submitted again top end of good again, now gave to wait alledgedly 2 days for it to be checked.

iain
    Participant

Forgot to mention another 4 days for an email response saying there was delays. Letter sent to local MP awaiting reply.

johill86
    Participant

Hope this gives someone some hope we are due to travel 17/6 . Not sure which worked but it’s taken many phone calls , MP sending an email and lots of twitter back and forth . Fingers crossed it doesn’t take as long to be printed and posted .

Application approved 8:28pm on 7 July 2020
    Application being processed 2:41pm on 11 June 2020
    Documents received 11:06am on 11 June 2020
    Application received 11:50am on 2 June 2020
    Identity details received 11:50am on 2 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 11:29am on 2 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:25am on 2 June 2020
    Application submitted 11:25am on 2 June 2020

Gemski91
    Participant

@OwBrH

I do but not until September. My mum was due to go to a wedding but her friend chose to postpone as she wanted her guests to enjoy it properly. Travel republic wouldn’t let her switch her tickets or cancel them so we booked me flights and reserved seats together for it.
    I feel reasonably confident in the arrival for that as I have a few more months than most on here.

OwBrH
    Participant

@Gemski91 yep it’s nice to have a decent bit of time till you go! So is this your first time overseas?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.