Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Willym73
    Participant

Application for Child-Adult Renewal.

Just awaiting confirmation of Printing and sending.

Application approved 1:48pm on 9 July 2020
    Documents received 9:37am on 9 July 2020
    Application received 7:27pm on 25 June 2020
    Application submitted 7:26pm on 25 June 2020

Gemski91
    Participant

@Willym73 I am so jealous. I seem to be stuck at documents received.

dorianburger
    Participant

yes it flew through we were anxious though with them not marking as received for 14 days but luckily it went real fast after they acknowledged it had been received 🙂

Willym73
    Participant

I don’t know if registering a complaint with HMPO, getting my MP involved (who contacted the Home Office) or just being a complete pain on twitter and the phone helped at all ? 😉

CaboG
    Participant

I was truly nervous, as I had to get out of Canada by such and such a date, but I did receive my passport within a month, however my preferred flight was cancelled anyway. If you are waiting for a passport to go on holiday, I do say shame on you, go local! There are too many people fretting about their holidays, stay-cation, we are actually going to do that until I can fly home.

LDN8862
    Participant

I applied for a first time Adult passport. I received my British Citizenship in December. As it was a first time passport I wasn’t allowed to apply online so had to send it through the post, therefore I was unable to really track the progress of the application.

Sent it off on May 26. It arrived (via a tracked and signed for service) May 27th. I did not receive a text until June 12 saying they had actually received the application. We are moving out of the country at the end of July so I have been extremely anxious about my passport arriving in time for us to leave. Especially since I had to send in my original passport which I need in order to leave the Uk once we move.

I called everyday for weeks, tweeted at them constantly and basically annoyed them for weeks, mainly to just send back my supporting documents. I wrote a formal letter to the Durham office requesting my original passport back. Out of the blue I received a text two days ago saying my UK passport was complete and being posted. I received it yesterday! Still waiting on my supporting documents but hopefully those should arrive by mid next week. NO idea if my constant badgering helped my application along but I like to think it did. 😉

elaineb37
    Participant

I received notification on Wednesday evening from Durham office that my passport had been sent by secure delivery, it did not state which courier was used and I have not had any notification as to when it is being delivered, I am assuming today and want to make sure I am at home to sign for it if needed, did anyone get a notification from the courier or did your passport just arrive?

Thanks

Gemski91
    Participant

@CaboG I don’t think this is really a place for you to hold any judgement. Many people have these flights booked from before the virus and some of us, like me, can’t cancel or change the flight because they are saying the flights are still going ahead. Ours was for a wedding and we booked long before the virus.

So perhaps just keep your discussion to the passport office in question and your experience and not what you think or don’t think about others actions.

johill86
    Participant

@CaboG I’m not sure why you think you should be judging others on a forum designed to help people . FYI I feel no shame for not wanting to miss my family holiday that was paid for in full before corona . I have worked as a nurse through the pandemic separated from my three small children this is a well earned break for us all .

laura123
    Participant

CaboG – we had this holiday booked before the lockdown. It was £4,000. We followed the government guidance and didn’t apply for a passport as it wasn’t urgent. Air bridges were then announced at it became urgent. I cannot ring our airline and say we cannot go as we don’t have a passport as that isn’t a valid reason for a refund.
    Me and my partner have worked out buts off the whole of lockdown and followed every single guidance given out by the government. I am not prepared to just lose thousands. Staying local is great but not at that cost. Please consider others circumstances before being so judgemental.

jamesd1974
    Participant

Cabog we will go where ever we like u can stay local if you want we ain’t
    And to be fair 200,000 going to Cornwall in 1 day no thanks

jamesd1974
    Participant

Any one who has travel booked soon ring the complaints department they are the most helpful
    People ever explained our situation and within a hour is now prosessing he gave me a direct line and called me back this afternoon as promised and will again Monday
    Be aware though you have to email through either a receipt or proof that you did indeed booked it before lockdown otherwise they are not interested to be fair

nk8366
    Participant

I have been following this amazingly helpful forum for some time. I applied for adult renewal via Post Office Digital Service on Monday July 6th, apparently the application has gone to Durham. However, receipt of my old passport has not yet been acknowledged. As I see that many of you have spoken to someone at Passport Office, could you be so kind and provide telephone numbers for Complaints, etc. Thank you!!!

jamesd1974
    Participant

The 6th 4 days !!! they won’t even talk to you until it’s been 12-14 days as that’s how long it’s taking between going on the delivery and on the system

nk8366
    Participant

I am aware of that but just wanted to have all the info if needed 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.