Hemel Hempstead

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Hemel Hempstead

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    smudger
    Participant

Sent passport to Bootle and was acknowledged within 2 days of being received and is now being processed but my wife’s was sent to Hemel Hempstead the same and recorded delivery and no update. Was getting worried about hers but from others experiences it’s just a waiting game with Hemel Hempstead 😱😱

JVIN
    Participant

Hi All,
    I have had the same problem with Hemel. I posted my husbands passport by royal mail on 20th April and it is still showing as undelivered. I sent my sons on the same day to bootle and they received it in 2 days and is now being processed. I have tried calling the passport office number and can’t get through. I just want acknowledgment that they have received the passport.

cheeki
    Participant

JVIN, we have a very similar situation, bootle one has been printed and ready for delivery but Hemel one still not showing old passport being received, have u heard back to say documents received yet?

BIHikone
    Participant

My timeline for an adult renewal. Overall it was very quick. The passport was delivered on the 30th.

Passport printed 11:38am on 28 April 2022
    Application approved 7:38pm on 26 April 2022
    Documents received 12:32pm on 25 April 2022
    Application received 7:59pm on 12 April 2022
    Application submitted 7:59pm on 12 April 2022

JVIN
    Participant

Hi smudger,
    Have you had a response or anything to say that they have received the passport? I have still had nothing

LexT
    Participant

I posted my sons passport renewal on the 21st signed for and still not showing as delivered! really starting to panic that it’s lost but looking on here that seems to be normal!

Any update JVIN – looks like yours should be a day ahead of mine?

Any ideas what happens if they are lost with royal mail? My tracking type is delivery signature only as it was sent business recoreded so can’t even see where it is!

Do they need the old one to continue the application? What happens if it doesnt arrive. Nightmare.

JVIN
    Participant

Hi, I still haven’t heard anything. I am going to wait till Friday and then ring Royal Mail and see what they say. I’m not sure what happens if the passport is lost maybe re apply and say it is lost- but then do we have to pay the fee again. I will keep you updated on here if I here anything.

LexT
    Participant

Thnk you! Fingers crossed they get themselves sorted this week and everything starts processing!

Unhappyflyer
    Participant

Mum’s old passport was received at Hemel on 25th Feb., signed for, (we checked the tracking). There was no update in the system until 18th March when it finally updated to having arrived – so nearly a month.

JVIN
    Participant

Hi, so just had an email to say they have received the passport now so I am hoping it won’t take long to process. So it has taken them just under 2 weeks to acknowledge receiving it, and it is still showing undelivered on Royal Mail which is just a joke.

LexT
    Participant

Me too JVIN! Must have finally clered some. Finger crossed they move swiftly now! No point in paying for Royal mail when it hasn’t tracked. Mine’s the same.

bones
    Participant

Are the passport applications and documents, forwarded on from Hemel to another passport office? I was unaware there was an office in Hemel until I had to post the required documents.
    Has anybody had any passports approved from Hemel recently? If so, what was the timeline please? I submitted a child’s passport renewal (online) 11th April and it’s still stuck on ‘documents received’.

CAMcC
    Participant

JVIN & LexT please can you keep me posted on your progress? I am in the same position. Posted my daughters old passport for her renewal on 19th April to Hemel and it is still showing in the system as not received, Worried it is lost now . Your post gives me a but of hope though!. I sent my passport for renewal on the same day (19th April)to Bootle and it was processed v quick and new passport received by me in post today. Don’t know why there is such a difference in offices.

Unhappyflyer
    Participant

Hi bones,

Mum applied online for her standard renewal on February 21st. The old passport was signed for at Hemel on February 25th, but not acknowledged in their systems until March 18th. Finally updated on April 25th saying the application had been approved, and the passport arrived (without notification) on April 28th.

CAMcC
    Participant

Can I ask how long it took them to acknowledge your documents? Over 2 weeks for me now and still waiting

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.