Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    Chinstroker
    Participant

You can do a 1 week for your sons …and id probably do that if you have the passport in hand. I wouldn’t send it, cos once you do its 1-2 weeks to get it back if you want to fastrack. Personal opinion would be save yourself the stress, book a 1 wk fast track for your son asap and dont send off the passport.

nuttytart
    Participant

Seems passports are such a joke. Why is it taking weeks for a simple renewal? I’m about to lose thousands and no one will help. Had my passport a month and won’t tell me why it hasn’t moved. More infuriated because of Brexit it’s expired when I still had a year on it. They told me not to book travel. It was booed before any eu rule change. Phoned cut off endless times no call backs. Useless

louyeee27
    Participant

Just been told by Liverpool office no chance we will get a first time passport by the time we travel on 20th October ….
    The reason his name doesn’t match his mums name on her birth certificate, but it clearly says maiden name on birth certificate. However cannot say if they need any more information. Just tough basically.

Chinstroker
    Participant

To be fair we were told to cancel our holiday qnd absolutely no chamce we’d get ours in time. Although technically true, we flew out the date we planned. However, we were told no chance of even being the same week.

flyingcod
    Participant

You can do a 1 week for your sons …and id probably do that if you have the passport in hand. I wouldn’t send it, cos once you do its 1-2 weeks to get it back if you want to fastrack. Personal opinion would be save yourself the stress, book a 1 wk fast track for your son asap and dont send off the passport.

Thanks Chinstroker

If I did fasttrack my son’s application (and believe me I really want to) would that not cause issues at their end as he is in the system – currenty marked as “Application Processing” ?

cheers for your response

fc

Chinstroker
    Participant

Give them a call and check, but was fold the existing one could be cancelled (but no refund given) and the new fastrack wpuld superceed it. The main thing is you still have the passport…and that is in your favour. We didnt as we sent it straight away… therefore you can do a 1 wk fasttrack, we could ONLY do that once we had the passport back in hand, which would have taken up to 2 weeks to get back out the system. Seen others take your route and be successful. Believe me we would have snapped your hand off to be in your position!

flyingcod
    Participant

Thanks again for the heads up. The problem is trying to get through to someone that is willing to speak to you! Main number not accepting calls and no one answering on their twitter handle. Deffo going to do this!

fc

Caroline2000
    Participant

How do people get through to the office?
    Number just rings out…….
    Simple child renewal here…..not sure what is so difficult!

Chinstroker
    Participant

Ring the 0300 123 1973 no….and wait…you will get through eventually

louyeee27
    Participant

Update ! Interview next Wednesday for 1st adult passport. Anyone know how long after we could get the passport ? We fly 20/10

userleft
    Spectator

Anyone know what date Bootle are working on at the minute? We’ve got 2 renewals we’re waiting for:

– 1 child passport, old one received 19th Sept
    – 1 adult passport, old one received 21st Sept

Flying next Friday so pretty stressed right now!

Caroline2000
    Participant

Child Renewal for us
    Documents Received 17th September
    Approved 7th October

Not Received yet though…..

userleft
    Spectator

Thanks! that gives me a bit of hope that we may be tomorrow hopefully!

passportwaiter
    Participant

Wife and Child renewals

Wife
    Applied 17/9
    Received 24/9 (was delivered on 20th)
    Waiting since

Child
    Applied 14/9
    Received 17/9 (was delivered 15th)
    Approved 7/10
    Delivery 9/10 (expected according to TNT)

We are travelling on 14th so our plan is to change flights on Monday if we don’t hear back by then.

Chinstroker
    Participant

I’d find out which tnt your docs are coming from and go get them? Better than re arranging flights? We were told we categorically couldnt do that…but narrowed it down to which depot it was coming from through a phone call to TNT, and just turned up at the respective depot. They handed our passport over just like that!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.