Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    jms
    Participant

@ tar_pharm

HI JMS, I think I am on a similar boat as yours.

My documents were sent on 24th Feb via RM special delivery, however RM tracking doesn’t show it’s been delivered or signed. Last time it was scanned, the parcel was at Warrington Mail Center.

Ever since, I am calling both RM and Passport office! RM says, they have delivered the documents but they couldn’t scanned individual item as they were delivered in bulk sack. And Passport office said, they haven’t recieved the document as it’s not showing in RM tracker!

It’s all MESS!!

Slightly different, as they have signed for my Special Delivery on the 28th (also went via the Warrington).

But, I agree, it is a mess.

AlexDesbo
    Participant

Hi guys

Just to help, thought I would share my timeline

I applied on the 2nd March, and sent off the same day. My old passport was signed for the next day, 3rd March

Having read some of the wait times on here, I really started to worry as I am flying out on the 16th April – however, I seem to have the fastest application that I have seen out of everyone!!

Passport printed and sent 12:12pm on 14 March 2022
    Application approved 3:08am on 11 March 2022
    Documents received 11:27am on 10 March 2022
    Application received 2:17pm on 2 March 2022
    Application submitted 2:17pm on 2 March 2022

I would still suggest if its tight, go for a fast track or book an appointment, I think I got lucky

Good luck to everyone!

leahmca
    Participant

Hello all

Still In Processing – waiting examiner

Jespop30 – great news. Hopefully things will progress now for you!

I have looked into my holiday 4th April) I can reschedule 7 days before departure for no extra cost including flights and car hire – just pay extra as it’ll be may rather than April so more expensive anyway. Feeling a little less stressed and coming to terms with the fact passport won’t be here on time

pusinky
    Participant

I submitted my application on 30 January and it’s been showing as processing since 28 February. I called the Passport Office today and was told there is nothing they can do. The lady acknowledged there are delays with receiving documents, approving, and even sending out passports and supporting documents.

amy93
    Participant

Oh dear! Seems like I’m not the only one processing 🙁

I’ve called them almost every day for the last few weeks and it’s done nothing. I seem to hear a different fact every time!

hsr
    Participant

everyone is telling different stories. Called HMPO several time and each time new story.

1 person said application is being processed by Durham office and another one saying peterborough.

Also, application is awaiting to be examined and another one said is awaiting QC checks.

jespop30
    Participant

Leahmca – I hope so, from what I have read it’s not really long in examination, and would be better if they do track down the documents. Hopefully I will hear this week. Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

Amy93 – how long has it been in processing?

djbdane
    Participant

It’s clear there are two routes through the application process

1. Documents received goes straight to approved as in my case
    2. Documents received goes to processing

So I wonder what the criteria is for which route your application takes? So I did a quick google.

Reading some of the guides to the process for staff (they are available online) it shows that there is a digital and a manual route – anything that drops the application out of the digital (assuming mainly automatic verification etc) route will lead to examiners getting involved – I assume this is the processing route. Asking for a call back, according to their guide (google How to record decisions, case notes and passport notes) drops the application from the ‘digital’ route – so maybe chasing your application up and requesting a call back actually slows it down even further?

Of course this is just an interpretation of these guides and obviously actual process may be different internally, but they give you an idea.

There are lots of these guides for staff online – they all start with the url assets (dot) publishing (dot) service

amy93
    Participant

Jespop30 – It’s been processing since 1st March.

I applied and sent documents on the 13th of Feb, they only updated it to “docs received” on the 28th.

I’ve heard it’s typically a few weeks in processing but I have zero faith or trust in their system or feedback (no offence to them)

jespop30
    Participant

Amy93 – I have been the same, the first 4 passports I did, I can’t fault them, all were back within 22 days, but this on will have been processing for 4 weeks on Thursday, but now it’s in examination I feel like it will be here before we fly on the 4th, but won’t let myself get excited till I have it in my hand, just in case.

amy93
    Participant

Djbdane- that’s interesting, that’s for sharing this info.

Interestingly they told me they moved my application to paper from digital, even the chap on the phone was confused as to why they did that, because it’s just a name change.

Hmmm – not sure …

amy93
    Participant

Jespop- I hear you! It’s hard to get excited until it’s in your hand! I called them to ask if it’s with an examiner which gives me some indication (it’s not yet).

Hope we both hear some really good news asap! 4 weeks processing is not ok 🙁

It’s tough seeing people who’ve applied after getting theirs earlier (obviously very happy for them) – but it makes it so much harder 😢

tar_pharm
    Participant

Finally got a text from PO saying, they received the documents.!

Hope you will hear soon!

jespop30
    Participant

Amy93 – I am the same, glad people are being approved and not having the wait we are but it is frustrating when they apply after us. No idea how long they are in examination for, hope it’s not too long though. When do you need your passport for?

amy93
    Participant

Jespop30 – Totally! 🙁

I actually needed it for this Saturday but it doesn’t look like it’ll arrive. In the process of moving my holiday to end of April now (to be safe). How about you?

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.