Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    amirun87
    Participant

finally today my husbands one was approved- although last week i was told it will be approved on 18th April!

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application approved 9:20am on 29 March 2022
    Application being processed 1:27pm on 24 March 2022
    Documents received 12:47pm on 24 March 2022
    Application received 9:09pm on 8 March 2022
    Application submitted 9:09pm on 8 March 2022

frazmorris75
    Participant

amirun87 Brilliant for you or your husband lol, I applied before and still nothing. Just shows what a joke the system is.

amirun87
    Participant

Frazmorris- well my childrens application was in processing 2weeks before his and still no update! very stressful for sure

Aidy
    Participant

What I am finding really unfair for everyone affected is that some applications that are sent in after are getting processed first. There really should be a date order system

It probably depends. Different types of applications probably go into different queues.

I think it should be more obvious where in the queue you are, and what your expected time is, and certainly the times to acknowledge receipt of documents is shocking – but I think it’s common sense that some applications would go faster than others.

frazmorris75
    Participant

Aidy, oh I agree to some extent there understandably will be different timescales for applications but I have seen time and time over the same type of passport applications with differing processing rates. My friend has applied for a basic renewal online in Jan and still nothing yet others have applied after and now are sitting pretty with their passport in hand. The system is massively flawed.

frazmorris75
    Participant

amirun87 fingers crossed for you

Dgmjr2019
    Participant

Here is my updated timeline for first adult passport after naturalisation.

Application received 2:47pm on 28 March 2022
    Identity details received 2:46pm on 28 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:22pm on 27 March 2022
    Person not eligible 12:51pm on 24 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:32pm on 23 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:37pm on 23 March 2022
    Application submitted 7:37pm on 23 March 2022

wastedoranges
    Participant

Oh my god, my sons renewal that became a lost passport (Royal Mail delivered the envelope but with nothing in it) was just approved! I can’t believe it! 7.5 weeks and 4.5 in processing! Now just waiting on my husbands!

Application approved 6:45pm on 29 March 2022

Application being processed 3:37pm on 25 February 2022

Documents received 10:38am on 25 February 2022

Application received 8:53pm on 4 February 2022

Identity details received 8:52pm on 4 February 2022

Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:37pm on 4 February 2022

Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:37pm on 4 February 2022

Application submitted 7:37pm on 4 February 2022

vish
    Participant

Participant

Hi
    So can’t believe how stressful getting a renewal is.

I have done renewals before and never had an issue or them asking for more information. I hope this makes sense.

I did an online application on 7th March for my two kids. Both renewals. Today one of them got approved. The other one they asked for further documentation which is my marriage certificate. Both applications have the same information. My passport is in my maiden name and I have always done paper applications. This time I did online application but I put down my maiden name not my married name. there was no section for further information so I could not state that my passport is in my maiden name. Which is allowed. Usually on the paper form I put my Married name and under section 8 I put my passport is in my maiden name. But they have both names on record. It was just confusing which name to put so I put the official passport one down for these applications. Also there was no section for more information which was really frustrating.

So I have sent them my marriage certificate today and birth certificate just in case they ask for that further down the line. Firstly I don’t understand why they want my marriage certificate as I haven’t changed my name and second how long does it take to get a passport approved after sending them more documents. My first documents took over 12 days to be received. These were sent to glasgow but now they are asking for them to be sent to Liverpool. I also don’t understand why one child was approved and not the other with the exact same information.

We are going away in May but it doesn’t look like I will get the passport on time if it takes 10 weeks from receiving documents.

Anyone able to shed a light?

clairet1234
    Participant

Vish-i had the same issue but in reverse. My passport still has my married name, as I’m divorced I reverted back to maiden name which I used on my kids applications (because thats my name!) they then asked for deed poll, decree nisi etc which is fine because my passport obviously hasnt been changed yet but I sent these in with a covering letter for both applications. They linked them to one application and approved it & not the other because they’re being processed in different offices in Liverpool and so had no record of these docs on their system!! How can such a large organisation not have one large internal scanning system that can be accessed across their sites?!
    Anyway I resent the docs for the 2nd application & it’s been sat in processing since 16th March. Due to fly next week, can’t leave one child at home can we

gracelay25
    Participant

Guys it may be worth emailing your local MP to help speed things along. I did this and it seems to have worked! I applied for my daughters first child passport back in January and they only starting processing it 23/02, it had been “processing” ever since. After many calls/emails/live chats with getting absolutely nowhere (what even is the point of those?) I decided to email my local MP on Monday. He replied to me this morning at 10.55 saying happy to help and he would contact the UKVI department and at 11.42 this morning my daughters application was approved! Coincidence or not but it is definitely worth a try, good luck x

Cobie
    Participant

Applied originally on 8th February. Glitch in the system caused me to have to confirm my identity 3 different times. Eventually got past that and to the processing stage where it got stuck for weeks and weeks. After multiple phone calls and being on hold for hours each time I was told my application wasn’t submitted until 1st March?! Weird. I then had to call back as there was still no movement and I am due to travel on the 2nd April, so they put a note on my application to say this and I received a phone call on the 25th March saying my application was being approved and it will be with me in time. Still no update on when it’s coming and I am starting to think it’s not coming at all. Several phone calls and being told it “is being printed and sent to you now” but had no tracking information through at all. I am going to lose nearly £3000 if it doesn’t come in time. The agents I have spoken to have all sounded really helpful but am starting to wonder if they’re just saying things to get people off the phone. Very anxious and upset about this whole situation.

kerryd
    Participant

I second what gracelay25 said. No idea if it’s coincidence or not but after getting desperate I emailed my local MP last night for help. Got an email back from him this morning saying he would contact them and just now had an email to say my daughter’s passport has been printed (after applying on 29th Dec). Even if it’s just coincidence the fact he replied immediately was more customer service than I’ve had from HMPO in the last few months so it was nice to feel listened to

clairet1234
    Participant

I did contact my local MP, she was really responsive & helpful, and I echo what you’ve said-better customer service than from HMPO! Unfortunately it’s made no difference to my application despite her contacting them 😕

lee87
    Participant

Hi! Can you please tell me how long after receiving your passport did you receive the supporting documents (naturalisation certificate, passport issued by another country)? I have paid extra for the special delivery. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.