New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    France22
    Participant

@feckthis. Mine took 15 days to be tracked. Rang this morning and said old passport not linked to application yet you might be lucky, have seen posts passport received back with 2 weeks. Good luck

amber9514
    Participant

@laura22222 was your application being delt with Durham or is that your local one? My daughters is Durham but I’m 5.5 hours away so 10 hour round trip 🤦‍♀️ I’m thinking of driving to Peterborough on Friday which is only 2 hours from me and seeing if they can help as I leave early hours Sunday morning and really panicking now 😩

laura22222
    Participant

Do you have to wait til Friday to go Peterborough? Am sure there not open weekends. Go asap x

amber9514
    Participant

I won’t get time before Friday to go 😩 it says they are open till 3pm on Saturday so just holding out hope on that, I’m on hold to the progress team now she said she is going to apply for an upgrade for me but put me back on hold and have been waiting over 10 mins and she’s not come back, she said the upgrade is not a garenteed service 🙄 I’m going to try see if I can get the day off tomorrow and go there 🤞 my daughters application isn’t an online one it’s a post office application so I’m worried that will mean only Durham can do it too. The stress is really taking it’s toll on me now 😔

finally
    Participant

I fly tomorrow. Applied for an upgrade for my sons first passport 2 weeks ago and sat tight until a couple of days ago. I wanted to keep faith that they would call and I was determined not to block the inboxes of the upgrade teams. I did call the progress team a few times and found out my upgrade had been moved from London to Durham.
    Yesterday I cracked and decided to start chasing. I went up to the London office, spoke to someone, but this didn’t help at all.
    I then emailed the upgrade team stating I fly in 2 days and that I am still waiting for the call. Last night I gave up hope and we decided half the family would go ahead, and the rest would follow if/when the passport turned up.
    I emailed again this morning around 7am with the subject FLYING TOMORROW. Got a call at 1030am from the Durham office and they told me I could pick it up from London at 130pm. I just got back from a successful trip.
    All circumstances are different but advice from me: don’t give up, it was approved and printed in 3 hours. Despite wanting to give the system a chance and let the upgrade teams do their thing, I would recommend waiting until you are 2-3 days out from flying and then sending a couple of emails a day. Phone calls and visits were largely ineffective for me.
    Good luck

amber9514
    Participant

So I spoke to another lady who was really lovely in the progress team and she has sent off for another upgrade request, this time I got an email automatically completely differnt from what I have had when emailing myself, plus when I applied on the 1st of May on the phone I never had an automatic response so I’m now wondering if it never went through 🤷‍♀️ I got an email from noreply@postroom.com this time, the email asked me to send evidence within the next 48hours with applications name in the subject header, I have done this now so preying they pick it up 🙏🏻 I’m also on hold now to speak to someone else who she said might be able to help, by far the most helpful and kindest person I’ve spoken to out of my many calls, will update if I hear anything 🤞 I’m so scared of missing the call I haven’t even been going shopping incase I loose signal and miss it 🙈 can’t wait for this stress to be over 😩

feckthis
    Participant

How do you get in contact with the progress team?

samking
    Participant

Is that even possible. They have told me few times they are putting me through to progress team then I end up back with someone who can’t help and can only tell me my daughters passport still processing

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by samking.
    France22
    Participant

Is the progress team sane as upgrade team?

LNO23
    Participant

Like many on here I am starting to panic. My application has been processing for nearly 6 weeks.

I have emailed the upgrade team and I am due to fly on the 22nd May. I only hope I get the call otherwise I will have to cancel my family
    holiday. Mine was for a change of surname.

I had three passport applications one for me and a renewal for my children’s.

I accidentally sent my marriage certificate with my sons application. My marriage certificate was used to agree his as they needed proof of my name change.

I had to write a letter to my daughters and my application as they also needed my marriage certificate but it was with my sons application. They were supposed to link all the accounts but only linked my daughters to my sons so her passport was agreed and I have now got both of theirs back. I am just waiting for mine which was only linked a couple of days ago.

I had called numerous times to check that they don’t need my original marriage certificate again for mine and I have been told each time no as all the accounts are linked they will use my sons application as proof of name change.

I am now panicking that they will call me and reject it as they need my marriage certificate. I am waiting a call back from the progress team to quadruple check it’s not needed again. If not I will drive to Peterborough with it as I need to keep this holiday.

I wish everyone waiting good luck

amber9514
    Participant

The progress team are the only ones who can send off for the upgrade, when you speak to the normal customer service people and ask to be upgraded they should put you straight through to the progress team. I finally spoke to someone today who was by far the most helpful, she said she would send off for my upgrade again today and advised me to send another email, soon as she sent off for it I received an email from noreply@postroom.com asking me to send in evidence which last time I didn’t get so I’m wondering if it wasn’t done properly before, anyways she said she will transfer me to the customer service manager to see if they can do anything as she had done everything she could do, I waited 3 hours on hold to speak to them and soon as the wait hit 3 hours the phone cut off 😩 all I can do now is sit and wait and prey for the best 🙏🏻

amber9514
    Participant

The progress team are the only ones who can send off for the upgrade, when you speak to the normal customer service people and ask to be upgraded they should put you straight through to the progress team. I finally spoke to someone today who was by far the most helpful, she said she would send off for my upgrade again today and advised me to send another email, soon as she sent off for it I received an email from noreply@postroom.com asking me to send in evidence which last time I didn’t get so I’m wondering if it wasn’t done properly before, anyways she said she will transfer me to the customer service manager to see if they can do anything as she had done everything she could do, I waited 3 hours on hold to speak to them and soon as the wait hit 3 hours the phone cut off, all I can do now is sit and wait and prey for the best

claloub
    Participant

So just had email saying old documents received 14 days after so I’m now going back to upgrade team and hope

leamanc
    Participant

Hi all, due to fly on 5th June so not at the two week point just yet but starting to panic. What is the phone number for the upgrade team? There’s so many phone numbers I can’t figure out which is which.

Also did everyone get an update to say ‘application processing’ ??
    I applied for my sons first passport on 26/3/22 and the last update I got was 7/4/22 to say ‘documents received’ but nothing about it being processed yet.

It was an online application so I don’t know if that makes a difference??

I called one of the numbers on this forum and they said that the application is with the examiners, but I haven’t had the update to state that.

Thanks in advance for any help!

France22
    Participant

Hi. I’m at same stage as you. For upgrade you need to ring normal passport no and they will pass you to team. Lots of people not had update but received passport. Good luck

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.