New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    PBC19
    Participant

Will do, lesson learned arghhh, I could cry and scream :-(.

amber9514
    Participant

Ahh it’s so horrible isn’t it 😩 I spent 2 weeks glued to my phone, was too scared to go into any big supermarkets incase I lost signal, on the last couple of days I told everyone I new not to call me too, I actually ran out on my midwife when they were calling me 🙈😂 it’s so easy to miss a call and when it’s withheld it makes it that much more annoying 🙄 wishing you the best of luck, you still have time 🙌 hopefully they will see the note tonight or early morning and ring straight back, apparently there working till 11pm so keep your phone on loud next to you till late. My daughters was ready to collect yesterday at 3pm and I only got my call at 10am so they can do it same day 🤞

Lauramaria23
    Participant

Is there a long wait on this number?

PassThePort
    Participant

Hi folks, applied for two new child passports 23rd March using the Post Office check and send paper form.

Travel on the 28th May

Got no idea which office the applications are at so today (15 days before travel) I emailed my two nearest office upgrade teams requesting an upgrade.

Ive also just called and spoke to two nice people who were helpful and said I should now expect a call in a day or 2.

My question is, will I have to pay for this, if I have been waiting over 7 week already?\
    The lady suggested it would be £60 per passport?

I don’t think ive seen that mentioned on this forum yet?

john_
    Participant

Don’t give up hope!!

Hi everyone. We applied 5 weeks ago for a standard child renewal. I worried it wouldn’t come in time (we fly 25th May) but I was told by the advice line twice that as long as I hadn’t sent his old passport in I could book a one week fast track appointment and bring a letter asking for his standard application to be cancelled. I went to London and was turned away. Told so many contradictory things from the advice line. In the end sent in his old passport to Bootle over 2 weeks ago but it hadn’t been scanned on. They told us on the phone there was nothing that could be done until/if it was scanned on, and that this can take 3 weeks and they won’t investigate until 3 weeks (which was too late for us). Wrote to our MP who enquired and was told the same.

My wife just went to Newport (with a letter of authorisation from me) and because of the fast track wrong advice they called Liverpool, got Liverpool to find his passport in the mail room and then approved and printed it there and then!

They were turning people away otherwise saying come back within 48 hrs of flying

So if you’re in our situation, or the passport isn’t scanned on it is possible for them to find it! Turn up, be nice and hope!! Good luck everyone!!! 😎

AnnaK
    Participant

I emailed all offices and got a reply from Durham to say that they’ve acknowledged my upgrade request. Does that mean that Durham will print my passport? Can I go and pick it up in person if it gets too close to my travel date?

AnnaK
    Participant

Gjjgv

Minnie65
    Participant

I need to book an appointment at Peterborough Passport Office, does anybody know what time they release new appointments? Thanks

Tara A
    Participant

Hi, does anybody know that if you miss the call do they call back or if you call them back and advise you’ve missed can you then get another call?

France22
    Participant

Minnie’s. Read somewhere that appointments appear between midnight and 2 in morning. Good luck

Tara A
    Participant

Can anyone offer any advice and what I can do to get it resolved they are supposed to ring my partner as he was the one who made the applications

Tara A
    Participant

Have you heard anything back? When do you fly?

Minnie65
    Participant

Thanks 👍

Minnie65
    Participant

Tara A. I haven’t applied yet but need to get an appointment at Peterborough for my Mum. She travels 15th July, she has a passport that started on the 29/9/2012. As she applied for it before her previous one had expired, the passport expires on the 26/2/2023. She has been told by her travel agent that it will not be valid for her return journey on the 22/7/2022.
    So I am going to try and get her an appointment to sort renewal.

PBC19
    Participant

I missed my call and the team on the phones said they can’t contact them. It seems they outsource this part and there is no contact number. I missed my call and was told to email stating I missed the call. I am due to fly Sunday but have moved my flight to Tuesday in hopes they sort it out for me. I am devastated. I missed the call whilst calling the advice line/progress team.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.