New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    matt
    Participant

I applied for my passport 18th April and didn’t send my support documents in until the last few days of April. I’m due to fly next Saturday so I called on Friday 13th and I was able to upgrade and I’ve just received mine in the post (6 days after the upgrade request) which I wasn’t charged for.

Credit were it’s due the Liverpool upgrade team turned my request around really quickly.

I have a fast track appointment booked for next week which I’m now trying to cancel.

Gemjamjar
    Participant

less than 48hrs until we fly and still no phone call. I’ve been on the phone all day trying to resolve and been told to wait for an urgent call back within 48-72hrs by which case we would have missed our flight.

I put in the upgrade request for my Sons passport on the 7th may and following the progressing teams advise resent a further 2 times and still nothing.
    This is a replacement for a damaged passport as the courier delivered his first passport late and I was on the school run, as the courier posted it our lovely lab retrieved it the other side and has ripped open the envelop and pulled a page from the passport.

we were told to keep hold of all documents and the upgrade team would sort it all on the day.

Those who went to the passport office which have you found helpful, our nearest is London but are prepared to go anywhere as we are staying in a hotel tomorrow night so need it in hand tomorrow!!
    any advise welcomed, our poor daughter is in bits as her first holiday might not be going ahead.

sai22
    Participant

Finally got through to customer services and got cut off 😭

Gemzy
    Participant

@gemjamjar So stressful isn’t it, I believe people have had success if it’s within 48 hrs of travel date. Peterborough have been helpful for others it seems!

chelsjanekait
    Participant

Been at the London passport office for two days from 7:30am to 4:30pm. Had to cancel my flight – moved to Wednesday next week so that I can keep chasing it (passport office works in order of priority so don’t bother going if you aren’t travelling within 48 hours)

paigebates91
    Participant

I’m at my wits end – I lost my passport and have a holiday booked due to fly in 16 days – I’ve been calling and calling these past few weeks as it’s been stuck on application in process for nearly 4 weeks – I’ve asked do you need the cancellation reference to multiple advisors who all said no … untill I finally spoke to someone today who said they would need it and if nothings done in the next two days to call on Sunday to upgrade – i have the worst anxiety and I feel like km going to have a breakdown if this isn’t successful- does anyone have the contact email for the upgrade team in Newport – that’s where my application is.

Thank you …x

hr22
    Participant

Lorraine

I attached the travel voucher pdf and hotel summary voucher pdf had from jet 2. They had the date of travel and flight numbers etc on them with the official booking reference etc on it.
    Good luck x x

hr22
    Participant

Paige I don’t know for sure but given how the other area teams emails are Newports upgrade email will be :

Newportupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk

You will get an automated email response so you’ll know it’s the right one. I believe they are dealing with people who have a travel date within 14 days.

Put your date of travel in the subject line and make sure you attach a document with proof of travel date. A screenshot of travel details will not be accepted.

Put your PEX reference in the body of the text and again state when you travel and when you need it. Where you can pick it up from etc etc and contact number.

They are processing requests by date of travel and seem to be getting to people 48 hours before flying.

I didn’t wait to be told to email them I just did it myself

Good luck

paigebates91
    Participant

Ok thank you so much I will try that , did you wait untill it was the 14 days ? And have you had any response ? When do you travel ?
    I’m freaking out and panicking, I never thought it would come to this I could cry.

Thank you for replying x

M Rob
    Participant

Here’s the latest on mine. Having applied at the beginning of March for both my child’s passports online i sent there old passports next day delivery. The online tracker updated with ‘documents received’ 7 days after. I then had an email around a week after this asking me to call to discuss my daughters application. I called and there were no notes to say why i needed to call, they took my details and said someone would call me within 48 hours. Surprise, no call. I then called back and they still could not confirm why i needed to speak to someone. I explained the situation with the application and they suggested i send in the birth certificate for her. Knowing this would be requested on my sons i also sent his (they have never at one point asked for it during the whole process, even though they do need it) I also was advised to send my marriage certificate on my daughters application with a covering letter so they could link it to my sons as it would be needed on his as well. My daughters passport came back at the end of April – brilliant service. They also sent back the marriage certificate. From the point i needed to send the extra documents i have been chasing twice a week as i could just see there would be an issue linking the marriage certificate to my sons. I was assured on every phone that this has been noted, requested and would be done. As we approached the 2 week deadline, i was advised to send to Peterborough an upgrade request when it hit 2 weeks, I was then told i could send it to London. i called again and they said it could not be sent to London it had to be Peterborough. So on Saturday i sent to Peterborough, no automated email reply so i was not sure if they had the email. I called on Monday and was advised they don’t have access to see if they got the email and that i should send to london ! the lady sent it from her end and asked me to do the same. I then got an automated reply and the next day another email address to me to say it was noted – seems im getting somewhere! . As i did not receive the call within 48hrs from either the Peterborough or london i called today and spoke to management team. They advised it should never have gone to London even though processing sent it there! She advised to resend to Peterborough so i did that and this time got an automated email Whilst on the phone i thought i would touch on the linking of the marriage certificate . She advised it has not been done and it cant be done as my daughters application is now closed. I then had to dash home, get it and send it next day delivery to Peterborough. I have had this as home for 3 weeks home since it was returned to me. i asked on multiple occasions if i should send it and advised no. I now have pretty much given up hope as i can imagine it will just sit in a pile of post for weeks on end and they wont be able to do the upgrade because of it. If they can , she advised i will get a call a day or so before ! talk about last minute , its an absolute disgrace!

hr22
    Participant

Paige
    I only found out about it when I had 7 days to go! But yes you have to be within 2 weeks of travel for them to consider it.
    I was due to travel tomorrow 20th.
    They contacted me on 16th asking for the document of travel to be attached – I had only given them a screen shot. I sent it to them within an hour.
    On the 17th I hadn’t heard back so I rearranged my holiday to 6 weeks time (this was the last date I could make any changes).
    On the 18th they rang to say the passport was ready and could be picked up!!! Gutted!! But I just couldn’t risk loosing out on the holiday!!
    So they came through in the end for me!!

Garbett44
    Participant

M Rob,
    I am pretty much in same situation as you, I needed wife application to be linked to my sons for marriage certificate, I’ve been told for 5 weeks now it will be linked up or it has been. Then on Monday it came back in post so i had to resend special delivery. It arrived Wednesday and like you I imagine if sitting in post for a while which will affect upgrade, I am within 14 days on Sunday so I will still try upgrade. One advisor told me i should still be able to upgrade as my sons as original document the birth certificate has been scanned and marriage is only needed to confirm mothers change of name. Keep us updated if manage any breakthrough

paigebates91
    Participant

Our upgrade is also able on Sunday being 14 days before travel … although I’ve just remembered that that is also the jubilee bank holiday weekend and I’m praying it doesn’t affect it ! I could cry , I will keep posted 🤞🏻🤞🏻Fingers crossed for a miracle

Jules66
    Participant

Paige, I’m in exactly the same situation, flying 5th June and waiting for documents to be scanned. Don’t know how the jubilee weekend will impact it, so emailed Upgrade team today, will do it again on Monday.

londonben85
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    Are you travelling on the 28th? (Can’t believe you left applying so late!!) My daughters application is also with the Liverpool office and has been For 2.5 months!! What communications did you have from the Liverpool upgrade team? I got an email yesterday to say they have received my request (progress team also sent a request) they had noted my date of travel was the 28th and were working through in date of travel order- if you are on the 28th this gives me cause for hope!! But did you receive any other emails before your passport showed up? If this upgrade team works it will be the only part of HMPO which is at the moment , the whole service is shambolic.

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.