New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    stephany
    Participant

I been calling for the last few days to this number 01633 285419 answered just after 35 minutes.

swm1982
    Participant

Hi Nicholad,
    My passports both came first thing, between 8am and 9am.
    I will add however that I have a TNT depot 5 mins from my house, so maybe I was lucky and first one of the day.
    Fingers crossed for you

Rub_03hen
    Participant

Good luck

londonben85
    Participant

Stephany, what department does that number get you through to please?

passportpalava88
    Participant

Yes we were with Peterborough and fly Monday, we got the call today and collecting tomorrow!!! Apparently there is a delay with the calls as well so will probably be Monday you get a call possibly over the weekend as I have heard they work all weekend as well. Fingers crossed for you!

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

Passportpalava88 thanks that’s given me a bit of confidence that we will still be called in time.

stephany
    Participant

@Londonben85
    I got this information from a past post!

0300 222 000 main phone
    0300 222 1973
    0300 123 1973
    0300 105 0850 progress team
    01633 285 419

wanokuni
    Participant

@passportpalava88

Hi, I have Peterborough too (despite living over 3 hours away) when did you call them and when are you going? I go in a week.

passportpalava88
    Participant

@wanokuni

The progress team put in request for upgrade for us on 13th May (not sure to which office) we then followed this up with our own email to all the upgrade teams we knew of. We didn’t receive any auto response or anything and continued to chase via phone and email all week.
    2 days ago I found the Peterborough email address on here and sent email to them and yesterday received the auto reply (took overnight to come through) then received a call around lunchtime from Newport upgrade team. Not sure if it was the email to Peterborough or just our turn in the queue for call back.
    We fly on Monday and are driving to our local passport office to collect today

wanokuni
    Participant

@passportpalava88

Congrats on getting through. I emailed them 18th so maybe soon I’ll hear from them. The person on the progress line told me that they’d also email Peterborough so fingers crossed. I’ll probably have to collect it but not looking forward to that as train tickets are over £80! Also side note, did your auto response just saying that they’ve received the email and that they’re working through in order of date?

nats11
    Participant

Hi all,
    In general has everyone been successful using the upgrade service in the end?
    I haven’t been able to get through to the progress team regarding my son’s renewal, so I emailed the upgrade teams on my own back last Saturday (14th) as we are due to fly on the 28th. I’ve had a receipt to say my email has been received.
    I am starting to get really twitchy especially as our holiday provider has said we need to either use or lose the holiday, so just wondering if most people are successful even if it is at last minute. Thanks!

Kel85
    Participant

I keep getting told to have faith in the upgrade team. I know they are working on people’s applications who fly in 48 hours. I fly 27th so I am hoping I get a call soon. I have seen lots of success stories so I am trying to stay positive

stephany
    Participant

Yes, don’t lose hope
    I just collected my two daughter’s passports today.
    We fly on the 27th and just got a call back from upgrade team yesterday
    All I can say is stay positive and keep calling and emailing them.
    Good luck everyone 👍

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

Stephany, which upgrade team was dealing with yours. Will be helpful to know.

We travel on 25th and ours is with Peterborough, but seems they are only working 48hrs ahead so hoping I hear Monday.

Jules66
    Participant

Stephany, were you emailing the upgrade team despite the auto-reply saying not to keep emailing? If so, I’ll try the same. We travel 5th June but I’m told I can’t upgrade yet as the old passport isn’t marked as received yet. Hoping that will happen by Wednesday (2 weeks since delivery), but I’m going to email tomorrow regardless. Any advice appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.