New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    passportwoes
    Participant

Also, does anyone know how can I tell if my upgrade request has been accepted?

marylondon
    Participant

I too do not meet the criteria for the six weeks, but am planning on going to Peterborough tomorrow morning. As far as I can tell from reading online, London don’t have an enquiries queue at Passport office, so they won’t let you speak to anyone (You can only get in if you are collecting passport).

We are due to fly Sunday morning, wedding is on Monday. I think chances aren’t great, but I’m going to give it a go, Ill kick myself if I don’t.

The only acknowledgement I got re upgrade was the automated response saying my date of travel has been noted. I am heartened that no news is good news and I haven’t been refused yet!

passportwoes
    Participant

@marylondon please let us know how it went in Peterborough. If you are successful, I will make the trip to Peterborough on Monday

marylondon
    Participant

@passportwoes I will do!

Freddie H
    Participant

Hi MaryLondon, my wife just got back from the London office. They won’t let you inside unless you flight is within 48 hours although they did let my wife go in and our flight is 4th June.

They do have a general enquiries queue but again this is usually just for those within 48 hours of travel.

It is a little bit like a mad house in there apparently, I’ve heard good things about Peterborough.

Regarding Upgrade I would advise first speaking to Progress Team where they send you an email confirming which Office you need send your evidence to along with other info such as applicaiton number (this has to be done within 48 hours from when you receive the first email from Progress Team. You then receive a seperate email from the Upgrade Team from the office confirming of the date you travel. If you have just received the second part I’m assuming this is all ok but I only got the second email once I spoke to Progress Team.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Freddie H.
    londonben85
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    So I rocked up to the London office this morning at 0645!! Was already a queue, got in at 8ish. By around 1200 I had been told they were prioritising people traveling today / tomorrow and I would need to come back Friday. I then spoke with a manager who said they would review, however 15 mins later I got a call from a no caller ID and lo and behold it was the upgrade team in Liverpool!! Upgrade sorted, not enough time to get from London today as the collection office closes at 1600 but I will be back in the morning to collect.
    What I would say is there is no point turning up at London office unless you are within 48 hours of travel. Also get there early.

Good luck to everyone else

hannahg
    Participant

@marylondon following this too as I’m planning on going to the Newport office on the Saturday

Freddie H
    Participant

Hey LondonBen Which upgrade teams did you email?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Freddie H.
    clareil
    Participant

Can anyone share experience from when you have received the ‘acknowledgement’ of upgrade email. Not the immediate one asking you to send evidence but the one that states ‘received request and your date of travel is xxx’? How quickly did a call come after this?

marylondon
    Participant

@Londonben OOh that’s interesting.Thank you so much for the information. I will be within 48 hours of travel tomorrow morning! So perhaps I will try the London office first. Ill do same as you and get there very early, How many people were in front of you in queue when you arrived at 6.45am? I could head to Peterborough if I have no luck.

On my initial phone call to passport office I was advised to contact and send evidence to Durham. As I sent all the evidence in the initial email I haven’t received a separate request. Just an acknowledgement that they know im travelling Sunday and not to contact them again (as if!)

londonben85
    Participant

Hi Freddie,
    Initially just Liverpool, then all of them
    In desperation yesterday, my application was with Liverpool so went with them initially. Was them who called today. When i got there at 0645 there were maybe 6/8 in front of me.

Cat22
    Participant

Has anyone turned up to an office having met all the criteria (over 6 weeks and within 48 hours of travel) and not been able to leave with their passport?
    This idea is all that’s keeping me going.

londonben85
    Participant

Being within 48 hours doesn’t guarantee you will get sorted. Today in London they were prioritising those traveling today and tomorrow- if I hadn’t got the call from the upgrade team I would have been back there tomorrow.

Cat22
    Participant

Just wondering when we should try going to the office if our upstage doesn’t work. Still a week off from applying for it so time to think. Or worry lol 😂

Freddie H
    Participant

LondonBen did they mention if they would be open over the Jubilee Bank holiday Thursday and Friday next week? I received an email requesting to send evidence to London Upgrade Team which I did, today I received an email from LondonUpgradeTeam telling me they have noted I need my passport by 4th June but on the phone they said the 2 passports are in Liverpool.

I don’t know whether to wait till Monday then start blasting emails and phone calls everywhere or wait for the call from them. Last resort I think I’ll be down there Tuesday and Wednesday just incase they are closed over the bank holiday.

Chat is terrible and are the people on the phone, how can you not be able to provide opening hours!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.