New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    craigctu
    Participant

craigctu
    Participant
    Eaglel
    Participant

Could anyone tell me if they’ve had a call from Durham upgrades and travelling this Sunday 29th? I’ve seen on here that ppl travelling after us have had their calls but don’t know which office they had. I’m literally giving up hope now, my mp has chased and was advised it was being looked at yesterday so phoned this morning and was promised a call back today as it was with the examiners but still nothing. Currently been on hold for 1 hr 56 minutes and know I’m going to be cut off in a minute as the progress team finished at 6pm last time I called and cut me off. I’ve been following this thread for the last few weeks and it was the only thing giving me hope but I honestly feel like giving up now. Even if I wait all day at London office tomorrow I need to get my daughter (age 14) a covid vaccine pass which I can’t do without photo ID and then takes 24 hours or a fit to fly test which I can’t do without a passport so it’ll be too late 🙁

HolidayWaiting
    Participant

@LorraineCleveland

We just set out the situation and asked them to help, they emailed the general office but got no response. Then with the upgrade team, I cc’d the MP office into my email and they reiterated it. Not sure if it helped or not but it was worth a try.

marylondon
    Participant

I have had a day.

I arrived at London at. 6.30am to join queue, there were about 7 people in front of me. The lady first in the queue got there at 4am.

The doors opened at 8am and I spoke to someone at 9am. She looked up applications, called Durham and said I didn’t qualify, there was nothing I could do and my application probably wouldn’t be processed in time(Travel 6am Sunday)

So holiday was not happening. Felt very upset, but at a loss.

Then at 3pm, my husband called me, someone from Durham had called him, promised to help and was absolutely amazing. He found one son and husbands application and said they would be ready to collect from London tomorrow morning. But other sons application was lost. We emailed post office receipts and communication was fab, lots of phone calls and encouragement. Eventually all applications located! we paid upgrade fee and shortly after received an email to say passports could be collected from London tomorrow.

such a rollercoaster!

Eaglel
    Participant

When did you apply please @marylondon? I’m just looking for any ammunition to throw at them tomorrow. There seems to be no order in which they’re working. We applied mid March and still no one’s getting back to us

marylondon
    Participant

@eaglel I applied through post office and application was sent to Durham. We are flying at 6am Sunday and didn’t get call till late this afternoon. So fingers crossed you hear tomorrow.

We were prepared to go to Durham to collect, but they said it was fine and could print in London. (This was the opposite to what the last on the. desk in London told me this morning – They are just trying to get rid of people!)

I would recommend emailing Durham again with RESENT in subject line.

Tictarry33
    Participant

Well thankfully it happened while I was at work I got the call from an unknown number, it was a lovely woman from the Durham office and she was phoning me to say that my upgrade has been approved and I can come to collect my passport at the Durham office tomorrow. I am so relieved as I am meant to fly on the 1st of June. Still wishing others have the same luck as me. I know how awful it is to wait for the call.

marylondon
    Participant

@eaglel You are right, the order is not fair. I applied later than you. But once you get someone on the case they are very helpful. It’s just so stressful as its last minute.

I would sy to get to a passport office tomorrow and get there early. You qualify for an upgrade so should be allocated someone to help you.

marylondon
    Participant

@tictarry33 When are you travelling?

thewaitinggame
    Participant

S

paigebates91
    Participant

I’m so pleased for you … I stay hopeful for my upgrade I’m due to travel on the 5th , can I ask why was it they said you didn’t qualify when you went to the office ?? x

Tictarry33
    Participant

I am travelling on the 1st of June

Laidlaw06
    Participant

I have been waiting for a call back from the Liverpool upgrade team since Monday and we fly Wednesday (1st June)
    Is it worthwhile travelling to a passport centre and queuing to be seen without an appointment?

Eaglel
    Participant

Omg! I literally can’t believe it! I’ve just had a call from Durham upgrade team at 8.23pm to say I can collect the passport tomorrow morning from London! I said to him I didn’t expect to hear from them this time of night and he said they were working until 10pm at the moment! I won’t relax 100% until it’s in my hand as he said there’s likely to be a long queue but at least I might sleep tonight. I wouldn’t have known what to do without this thread so thank you all. I will let you know what the outcome is tomorrow:-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.