New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,276 through 1,290 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    JenniSarah8
    Participant

Sam, my mum was a similar situation our nearest office is Glasgow and she had been told to email the Belfast upgrades team (she done this twice as was told to do it again on a call) and never received any replies, we are due to fly Saturday so she was going to go to Glasgow today and just wait then Tuesday night around 7 she got a call telling her to come to Glasgow today to collect her passport. The fact the upgrade team don’t acknowledge things in any way made us think nothing was happening, mum called the customer line daily. Fingers crossed you get somewhere with them but if not I’d go to your local office 48 hours before

lindsay11uk
    Participant

yes I had a call from the same telephone number it was the passport office call back, left me on hold for 57 mins with the standard.. thank you for your call we are busy :/ stayed on the line anyway and then a different person got on the line asking to help me, the stress this is causing people is unacceptable

jendis01
    Participant

If I have a flight on Monday can I go to the passport office on Friday as it’s closed on Sunday. Just want to make sure I’m still in the 48 hour window.

Hello there

My application appears to be in the manual processing queue, and has been for 6 weeks. I’ve applied for an upgrade as I’m flying on 21st.

I called and requested and was granted permission to apply for an upgrade, and emailed as instructed. I have not received any acknowledgement – is this right? Do I just sit right until they make contact?

andstillwaiting
    Participant

@thislittlepix..
    i have similar situation i fly on 22nd , applied for sons on 26 MARCH! rang for upgrade and sent email to LiverpoolUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk today (9th)

now they are telling me i have sent short birth certificate and i need to send the full one in! i genuinely thought ive sent right one but ive been told by two ‘advisors’ (i rang in twice to make sure!) that ive sent the wrong one

Granted i may have made a mistake but why couldn’t they tell me this when they received docs on the 11th April? or when they supposedly ‘scanned it’ on 26th April after which it went into ‘application being processed’
    im fuming as now i don’t know whether to send by post OR shall i wait till 48 hours prior to my flight and just turn up at the office with the full birth certificate hoping they sort it on the day?
    just worried if i send it by post, it will take few weeks for them to actually look at it!

Any advice would be helpful!

Robi
    Participant

First Adult Passport Bootle

Application approved 2:32pm on 9 June 2022
    Application being processed 10:37am on 20 April 2022
    Documents received 9:44am on 25 March 2022
    Application received 12:42pm on 10 March 2022
    Identity details received 12:41pm on 10 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:20pm on 10 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:13pm on 10 March 2022
    Application submitted 12:13pm on 10 March 2022

Sunny60
    Participant

After experiencing much the same as everyone else near their travel date, I plan to visit Glasgow Office tomorrow. I think its been asked before but cant see any reply ….do you think tomorrow and monday will count as 48hrs sice the office is closed on Sunday and I fly on Monday

Many Thanks

Robi
    Participant

So after 12 weeks my passport has been approved

On Monday I messaged them via Webchat and I have spoken to Ryan very nice guy.
    I was informed that my foreign passport have been sent to me, and about some information examiner will give me a ring, so then on Tuesday examiner phoned me and asked me to send marriage certificate to them (Glasgow). I have sent it yesterday Special Delivery and today I got a phone call 2:25pm (because I work until 2pm and I asked Ryan to leave a note that any phone calls I can take after 2pm). Examiner phoned me and told me that my marriage certificate has been delivered and that my passport has been approved and will take up 10 days to receive it

Thanks God! If you can guys just go to webchat and have a nice and polite conversation with the Agent and maybe even ask for examiner to give you a call…

Passplease
    Participant

I finally got a call from the Durham upgrade team today to say I can pick up my son’s passport tomorrow from Peterborough (we fly on Sunday) 😊😊
    I hope this gives everyone else some hope. From everything I have heard they really aren’t looking at applications until 48hr(ish) before travel.

Sunny60
    Participant

I am hoping the Passport Office can offer us some help tomorrow. Our application wont be 6 weeks until sunday and we have been turned down for any chance of an upgrade. We are due to fly on monday with a £1600 holiday depending on this .

Another let down …so sad the position we are all in

funkypeant26
    Participant

Here is my story it’s a long one but hope this helps someone:

First child passport applied 18th March.
    Stick on processing since 13th April.
    Date of Travel 10th June.
    Contacted upgrade team 2 weeks before and application was over 10 weeks.No response at all.
    Contacted MP who contacted them 12 days before travel.
    8 days before travel application has been approved.
    7 days before went to London office found out upgrade team is not looking into it and because it’s been approved I lost my chance to have printed at a local office and forced to wait for it to be delivered as on that day they sent it to central print.

Went to Peterborough the same day, little friendlier but same message with assurances that it will be delivered on time and given tnt number to chase.

48 hours before flight I go to Peterborough and that morning get tracking but delivery due on 10th which is too late.

Lady in office puts in a request to have reissued by Glasgow, pull the one back from tnt and print at Peterborough the same day. 4 hours later told I won’t get it that day as tnt haven’t confirmed they will return it back to HMpo. Contacted tnt they haven’t even collected it. Told to come back 24 hours before flight. That evening tnt changes delivery date to 9th June. Call them and they state delivery will happen after 10th. Gives option to collect on 9th depot.

This morning tnt informs me they pulled the passport from tnt. I now make the trek to Peterborough where Glasgow office calls to confirm tnt will return passport and Peterborough will print it today.

Just collected it at 4pm today.

Mcgrizzle
    Participant

@Sunny60 good luck I hope so. Similar situation. But I fly next Thursday and Tuesday will be only 5 weeks for my daughter’s lost passport. Please let me know your experience

joesteinberg90
    Participant

I emailed the upgrade team last Thursday and have not even had a response confirming that they will upgrade me yet. Is this normal? In the past they used to say they would get back within 48 hours.

My flight is next Thursday. If I hear nothing by next week, should I just go to the passport office? Anyone had success this way with the London office?

Sunny60
    Participant

Had success at Glasgow Office this morning. Turned up first thing this morning without an appointment hoping to fly on Monday. Two days short of 6 week requirement but was delighted to get the passport which was being dealt with at Liverpool. Came home at lunchtime and received call at 3pm to pick up passport.

Hope everyone gets sorted out and please go to the passport office even if you have no appoinment. We had numerous refusals for upgrades but turned up anyway.

We have to thank all the contributers to forum as we would have lost our holiday without your help.

Good Luck to all and many thanks

lindsay11uk
    Participant

Any advice appreciated

I was allowed to upgrade on the 9th June as our holidays is on the 23rd June but still waiting on extra documents to be scanned that they had requested last week. These were posted on the 6th June It’s took them 6 weeks to ask for these. At a lost end at what to do now they saying the upgrade won’t work till documents have been scanned. I have since emailed the upgrade team and attached a copy of this document even though the call center insisted it had to be posted. So I’ve done both. Anyone else been in this situation
    This is a child renewal
    I am so stressed with this and worrying how the little one is gonna feel knowing her extended family of 9 are going on holiday without her and me obviously 😭

Viewing 15 posts - 1,276 through 1,290 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.