New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    red5standingby
    Participant

Cheers Rachy – you’re a star ☺️

StephieC
    Participant

Just to share our experience of our kids’ applications, both were submitted on 02 May 2022, identity was confirmed on 05 May 2022, documents sent and received over next day even though it took over 10 days for the online tracking to update as received,

1. First child passport for our daughter –
    Passport printed 4:15pm on 7 June 2022
    Application approved 1:52pm on 3 June 2022
    Documents received 4:54pm on 17 May 2022

2. Child renewal for our son –
    Passport printed 10:47am on 21 June 2022
    Application approved 3:23pm on 20 June 2022
    Documents received 10:00am on 16 May 2022

with our sons’ renewal, it was stuck in “processing” the day after the documents’ been received, but similar to many others, that stage disappeared due to system glitch.
    We applied for upgrade on 16 June 2022, received email acknowledgement from Belfast on 17 June 2022. Heard nothing over the weekend, then Monday got a call from withheld number (which was the Belfast office) to take payment of £102 plus postage (either £21.50 or £7.50 depending on whether it’s 9am or 1pm delivery). Received text to say the passport has been approved on 20 June 2022 and the passport has been received today 22 June 2022 (together with the old passport in the same envelope).

Thankfully, we’ve received all passports before our booked travels but the system is definitely broken and really ought to be sorted asap

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

whyarewewaiting
    Participant

How did you apply for the upgrade? Phone or email or both!!

Rachy40
    Participant

@whyarewewaiting

If you applied six weeks ago or earlier and you fly within the next two weeks you can call the Customer Services Management team to request an upgrade. They will advise you as to which office to email and how, and which supporting documents to attach to prove your travel date.

The number is: 0300 105 0850

Ring bang on 8am and you shouldn’t wait longer than half an hour to speak to someone. Good luck! ✨🤞✨

sostressedout
    Participant

How far ahead of travel did everyone hear from the upgrade team?
    I’ve just hit 72hrs and can’t stop checking my phone

holly1234_
    Participant

Hello,

Planning on going to the passport office tomorrow. Has anyone been this week?? Passport processing for 10 weeks now, send the upgrade email 12th June got a email response next day, not heard anything since. We fly on the Sunday 26th June. I’m so stressed !!

StephieC
    Participant

it seems they’re literally cutting it down to the last day or two before travel for people to collect at local office or have it delivered by special delivery at extra cost

my son’s application was sent to Belfast, so the email was BelfastUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk, but I think you need to call the adviceline first and they can transfer your call to the Progress team, who will initiate the upgrade request for you.

Lost1874
    Participant

Hi Stephie, can I ask when do you travel? I too am waiting to hear from Belfast team. Got confirm email back form them on Monday after emailing them Sunday…

Nathan
    Participant

Hi all,
    My passport is in Bootle but I’m heading to the Newport office an hour before opening tomorrow. It’ll be 48 hours before I travel and my application was started 5 weeks 2 days ago. I have my proof of travel, does anyone have any advice for me as I’m quite worried as it hasn’t been 6 weeks yet.

Pavel84@
    Participant

hello, advice please, got in touch in May with HMPO, I send emails to the Upgrade team, but still have not received any answer, planning to see them tomorrow as our flight is on Sunday. Our applications are in Durham but the nearest office is Liverpool, my question is: Can I go to Liverpool even application is in Durham?? it’s quite a lot to drive to Durham.
    Thanks

vsn22
    Participant

Hi,
    I had requested an upgrade on compassionate grounds couple of weeks back with all requested documents needed for this.

Today, I received an email saying that I am not eligible for an upgrade as I am not past 6 weeks of processing. I am in the 9th week of documents received & 11th week of application. My understanding so far was that 6 weeks from documents received is the eligibility for upgrade. Has anyone else had similar replies/experiences?

vsn22
    Participant

Would anyone be able to share the template they have used to request an upgrade?

Is there any specific subject line that needs to be used to catch their attention?

How long have people been waiting to receive call backs?

csy30006
    Participant

@vsn22 I didn’t realise it had to be 6 weeks in processing as this isn’t something the Customer Management team mentioned. We assumed the 6 weeks is based on when the documents was received. As we did a paper application, we can’t see when they began processing or whether they have started processing. The Customer Management helped us draft the Upgrade email so we assumed we would be eligible for the upgrade.
    Our flight is on Monday and we are planning on going to Peterborough tomorrow morning.

csy30006
    Participant

See below the email we sent on the guidance of the Customer Management team.

Subject: URGENT “application number” “Surname” “date of travel”

FAO Upgrade Team

I made an application on the 19 April, uploaded on the system on the 29 April, but all supporting documents is already with the passport office. As I have travel booked for the 27th of June can this application now be upgraded? Attached is proof of flight details.

Once the application has been approved, if collection can be done, can the passport be issued and collected from the Peterborough office?

My contact number is: XXX

sostressedout
    Participant

I have had different number of weeks depending on which person I spoke to. One advisor said 6 weeks from documents received and I couldn’t upgrade so I just hung up on her and called back with a different advisor who said I could upgrade because it was 6 weeks from application submitted.
    Just keep trying

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.