Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    yellowtoadstool
    Participant

Approved! similar timeline to some of you above. Timeline:

Application approved – 10:18am on 7 February 2022
    Documents received – 11:15am on 31 January 2022
    Application received – 10:16am on 20 January 2022
    Application submitted – 10.16am on 20 January 2022

However… Royal Mail stated documents received by Passport office 8.52am on 21 January.. but did not show on Gov tracking as received until 31 Jan, it was during this time I was starting to panic!

sam528
    Participant

Has anyone else that have been approved in the last few days had their tracking from TNT yet? Mine was approved Monday and sent out first thing yesterday but still no tracking.

starjet79
    Participant

I’m exactly the same. No tracking from TNT. I believe you use the application number minus the fist 3 letters and no spaces to track but not working yet for me.

thejenh
    Participant

I never received any tracking info from TNT and it was delivered without needing a signature…

yellowtoadstool
    Participant

Yes I’m in the same position.

Passport printed and sent on 8th February but no tracking information yet. I did try tracking on TNT but it does say it may take a few days for tracking info to appear- so will wait a little longer.

starjet79
    Participant

My passport has just arrived, it was sent on Tuesday morning! I can finally look forward to my holiday on Sunday! Good luck everyone!

yellowtoadstool
    Participant

Pleased for you starjet! Printed and sent on Tuesday 8th Feb… still passport or even any tracking info… should I be worried yet?

tired999
    Participant

I submitted 2 child renewals online, 20 minutes apart, on 22nd Jan. Old passports were delivered together on January 25th but not registered until February 3rd.

The first application was approved on February 9th and was mailed on the 10th but the second is stuck at “old passport received”. Surely it would be sensible for them to process family applications together!

Keeper83
    Participant

Sorry it’s a long one but we’ve had terrible service.

Applied for change of name to add 2 middle names to my husband’s name.
    Sent correct documents in: Deed Poll certificate and Driving licence.

Application submitted 13 January
    Documents sent on 13 Jan and received on 14 Jan (Royal Mail tracking)
    Passport office acknowledged documents received 21 January
    Email sent to me 27/1 and 28/1 to say ‘send us your documents’ when I already sent them.

Numerous calls and complaints made to passport office. Passport was stuck not progressing in the system for 2 weeks because a processor thought we had not sent the correct documents when we had. They sent the ‘send us your dcouments’ emails without any explanation why.

Application moved to urgent system on the 5th Feb
    Application updated to processing on 9th Feb.

Still waiting (12 Feb) and we fly in 9 days on the 21st February!

Passport office assures me it will be fine, I will ring again tomorrow for an update as I only have until Monday to change my flights for free.

I daren’t buy LFT tests, book museums, car parking etc yet.

My advice is don’t be afraid to call them and don’t take no for an answer if you think they are wrong. I was fobbed off for 2 weeks when it was a processor at fault. Ask to be put through to the progress team although one day I was waiting on hold for 2 hours before they answered. Some customer service people are better than others and more willing to help than others.

johnjoynson
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking for any help or advice possible. My family has booked a holiday flying out on the morning of 24th of February. We needed to get our 2 children their first passport and my wife a new passport changing her name from maiden to married name. We completed applications on 18th of Jan and sent documents recorded on 19th of Jan. for some reason my wife and youngest child was to send to Peterborough but my oldest documents was to go to bootle. We queried this with customer service and was told to just do it as instructed.

There was a large delay on both showing documents received but my daughters application that went to bootle went through not too bad and we received her passport delivered on 8th of February. My wife and sons that went to Peterborough never showed documents received until 8th of February also. 3 weeks after they were delivered. They are now both sitting showing application processing. We have called multiple times and customer service have said they have marked it urgent with emails to Peterborough but nothing is moving on. We are very frustrated that other people on here that started applications after us have received their passports and my daughters sent on same day is back. If the applications don’t move forward in next couple of days I don’t think we will receive on time as my daughters took 8 days to be delivered after it showed application accepted. Is there anything we can do or advice you have to move this forward?
    Thanks

Keeper83
    Participant

@Johnjoynson

We are in the same situation. I called again today and was told that the complaints department weren’t in today. The call agent said he would out me through to ‘the passport office’ but they weren’t working and the progress team weren’t picking up.

I’m calling again in the morning and asking yo be put through to the complaints team to make a formal complaint to see if that gets me anywhere. Maybe we should have gone to a Fast track appointment at Durham and paid the extra but when we applied it was 6 weeks prior to travel and the processing time was averaging 3 weeks. My daughter’s came back within 3 weeks too.

Sorry I can’t be more help, keep me updated on your progress.

yellowtoadstool
    Participant

Received my passport today!! (Renewal) I never received any tracking info from TNT. Good luck to all.

Passport Received: 14th February 2022
    Passport printed and sent- 10:25 on 8 February 2022
    Application approved – 10:18am on 7 February 2022
    Documents received – 11:15am on 31 January 2022
    Application received – 10:16am on 20 January 2022
    Application submitted – 10.16am on 20 January 2022

Holibob22
    Participant

Afternoon, I’m just (hopefully) at the end of the process with my TNT info saying passport will arrive tomorrow, just want to share experience in case its of any use.

Adult renewal passport. Dates Below.

Passport printed and sent 7:49am on 12 February 2022
    Application approved 1:52pm on 11 February 2022
    Documents received 11:12am on 4 February 2022
    Application received 2:35pm on 24 January 2022
    Application submitted 2:35pm on 24 January 2022

Based on the phone calls/chasing and varying people spoken to (as this was a last minute rush having booked holiday before checking what was left on passport)

The passport was delivered to Corby on 25th Jan via special delivery – they didn’t sign for it. Its taking between 10/11 days for the status to update as received, when it is received it means its allocated to a person and in their queue to work. Seems like current time to approve is around 7 days so that had been the main thing giving me hope it would arrive in time (thanks to many of the forum posts before)

The approval and printing all took place on Friday, and according to a different department (not the progress team but another HMPO dept) it left the Corby office on Friday night (TNT don’t do collections on weekends despite some statuses being given to that effect – and usefully they believe in the last week or so that the HMPO have been issuing dispatch texts/emails early so TNT have been having hundreds of calls this week from passport recipients trying to chase down tracking details when their SLA is usually 2 working days to update tracking details once they have the passports)

The tracking details are updated by a batch process around 4pm so if you have been waiting to get tracking details, using the post code & app number (your 10 digit passport app number) checking after 4pm each day is the most worthwhile time to check as I can now see my tracking details online but have had no text or email confirming that’s the case.

Hope some of the above is at least helpful to someone!

emmaje93
    Participant

Really starting to panic – due to fly on 5th March, sent mine and my husbands passports off to different offices, his was a renewal and mine was a name change.

He got his back within a week, I still haven’t received mine and these are my current updates:

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 10:59am on 27 January 2022
    Documents received 10:19am on 19 January 2022
    Application received 4:56pm on 11 January 2022
    Application submitted 4:55pm on 11 January 2022

The fact my application has been processing for 3 weeks now makes me worried it’s not going to come in time. I rang them twice, the first person I spoke to wasn’t very helpful, but the second person was lovely and said he’s put a note on my file to say it’s urgent but I still haven’t had any further update. Is anyone able to suggest anything I can do if I don’t get it back in time?

Keeper83
    Participant

I’m afraid I can’t give you any positive news. We submitted my husband’s for a name change on the 13th January, I have called at least 10 times, had it moved to urgent, put in numerous official complaints and still no progress.

Sadly we have had to rearrange our trip to the Easter holidays and lost £300 in the process.

So sad about it all. I just wished I hadn’t put my trust in the stated processing times and should have paid for Fast track instead. It’s caused no end of stress and disappointment these past few weeks. 😪

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.