Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    lisam1988
    Participant

amirun87 – your applications have been processing for 10 days less than mine and mine was approved yesterday so you might find they get approved towards 8th April!

amirun87
    Participant

Lisam: That gives me hope. But not as straightforward what happened was countersigning couldn’t be completed because of a technical error. Then I sent in a hard copy of countersigning proof. Just need to see if they accept that they may say they want something different.

lisam1988
    Participant

I submitted my application on 3rd February so it’s been over 8 weeks since I applied. They phoned me to check why I was applying for renewal early but that is the only issue I had with mine other than the ridiculous amount of time it has taken!

nassao41
    Participant

Been waiting for my partner’s passport since the 22nd Feb.
    It went to processing on the 16th March and still waiting. We were due to fly next Saturday (9th April) but have decided to rebook to beginning of May which will be 10 weeks since we submitted the passport (praying it comes by then as well🙈).
    I’ve rang multiple times, my MP has emailed them, the person on the phone the other day told me she would make a note that it is needed urgently and still nothing.
    All I can say is that it is a shambles. It stated 5 weeks when we applied, it’s been almost 6 and it’s not even been approved yet.
    Some clearly take longe than others, but I was hoping we’d be lucky enough for it to turn up on time. I’ll never leave it this late again!

lisam1988
    Participant

nassao41 – when I applied it stated 3 weeks average time, mine was only just approved yesterday, 8 weeks and 1 day after I applied for a standard adult renewal. Probably another 7 to 10 days until I have the passport in hand. I was in the processing stage for 26 days in total.

AbbyG87
    Participant

This is my time line so far:

17th Feb Application submitted
    17th Feb Application received
    10th Mar Documents received
    11th Mar Application being processed.

I’m due to go on holiday on 21st April so I’ve called the passport office a few times last week. Someone finally called me back yesterday and said they have scanned someone elses old passport onto my application so the progress has stalled because the photo’s don’t match. She said they would investigate and to call back in a week if I haven’t heard anything.

I’ve called back today and logged a complaint. The man I was speaking to said he would transfer me to a manager and I have currently been waiting on hold for 1 hour and 41 minutes. I’m not sure if he has put me through to a number that isn’t answered or if I just need to keep waiting.

amirun87
    Participant

Mine also went into processing around that time. Nothing from them yet.

Sarah12345
    Participant

I’ve no idea why my posts keep vanishing. 0300 123 1973 is the number I used to get through to someone but expect to wait for at least an hour on hold.

The application would have sat in limbo for even longer if I’d never have spoken with someone as it turns out the photo was rejected but the examiner forgot to inform me.

cjay
    Participant

that’s terrible @Sarah12345, but glad its now moving forward. I genuinely believe better communication from HMPO would speed up almost all applications – so much of their time must be spent dealing with people ringing up to chase applications – none of which would be needed if they proactively made contact

lisam1988
    Participant

Another update on my passport today

Application submitted: 3rd February
    Application recieved: 3rd February
    Documents received: 12th February
    Application being processed: 7th March
    Appliation approved: 1st April
    Passport printed: 4th April

Now just the waiting game for TNT to collect and deliver. Hoping to have my passport by Friday but that may be optimistic!

stephanieella
    Participant

So this is my current timeline. I’m shocked it’s taking so long to process

Application being processed 12:16pm on 4 March 2022
    Documents received 2:52pm on 2 March 2022
    Application received 9:18am on 16 February 2022
    Identity details received 9:18am on 16 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:27pm on 14 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:40am on 14 February 2022
    Application submitted 11:40am on 14 February 2022

amirun87
    Participant

Hi everyone I and few others have been in touch with watchdog about our concerns. I would advise everyone who has experienced serious failings by HMPO do so

marand
    Participant

Mine has been stuck for a while in documents received and I was supposed to be traveling this Saturday 🙁

Documents received 8:45am on 23 March 2022
    Application received 9:23pm on 2 March 2022
    Application submitted 9:23pm on 2 March 2022

bmor84
    Participant

I’m the same as you Lisa printed today. Got everything crossed we’ve pushed holiday back from 8th to 15th now. More money but more chance of getting to go I hope.

lisam1988
    Participant

Wise decision I think bmor84 – you might have the passport by 8th but it would be 4 days of insane stress between now and then. I am surprised it was printed so quickly after just being approved on Friday now just need to hope TNT are all over it. Though judging by what I have read on here they are a bit hit and miss!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.