Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    Rachael20030
    Participant

Thank you Liam1988- do you know how long it will take to get an approval text?
    I have had nothing since the received message 4 weeks ago.

Sarah12345
    Participant

Hello,

I had two photos rejected quickly but it’s been 7 days now without any updates since submitting a new one so I’m not sure if that’s a good or a bad sign!

Web chat doesn’t work and I’ve wasted 3 hours trying to call as it cuts off each time when someone answers the phone. 🙁

lisam1988
    Participant

Rachael20030 – this is my timeline thus far:

Application submitted: 3rd February
    Application received: 3rd February
    Documents received: 12th February
    Application processing: 7th March

So I am 23 days and counting in the processing stage, I see someone has an application approved after 24 days in processing so I am hoping (not expecting) that it will be approved soon.

I haven’t had any feedback from HMPO on my passport photo, I did get a phone call on 25th February asking for more information about my application which I provided to their satisfaction.

jadeclarke89
    Participant

The problem people are having are when they get sent to processing they are the ones being manually approved by an examiner which are the ones that are taking a long time. Mine never went to processing it just went straight to approved.

passportpanic
    Participant

Hi Liam 1988, sounds like we have similar timelines. Mine has been in processing since 9 March. A person on the phone did tell me that it usually takes 3-4 weeks to go from awaiting examination to in examination so hopefully we’re seen soon! Was there anything which held up your application for any reason? Trying to work out why some take so long

beckyb
    Participant

Timeline for first child passport(paper application sent via post office check and send)

Passport application sent – 21st Feb
    HMPO received application – 24th Feb
    Birth certificate received – 25th Feb
    Application sat on processing for 3 weeks
    Examiner approved application – 18th March
    Printed passport – 22nd March
    TNT collected passport – 30th March(they didn’t text me)
    Passport expected – 1st April

36 days from HMPO receiving my application on the 24th Feb.

40 days if I count it from sending it at the post office via check and send.

Basically my partner and I both have British passports that are in date and my consignee used for her passport was in the British army and it still took the application 36 days.

Never been so relieved but I am going on holiday on the 5th April and I should get the passport on the 1st April, I left such a tight gap but so glad it’s over with to be honest.

Advice to anyone would be to keep chasing passport office, some of them try fob you of with a generic response especially if they can only see certain steps of the application and others are really helpful, the processing team are always helpful.

Took TNT 8 days to collect my daughters passport from when it had been printed on the 22nd March.

If I apply for another passport or renewal in the future, I will be using the fast track service and I won’t be using the post office as I found calling HMPO everyday just for a update due to not being able to see anything online due to doing a paper application quite annoying to be honest, however the post office was great help with the photos and application, other then the above.

I just found it stressful especially when the post office didn’t tell me about the 10 week approx wait so the 3-4 weeks normal wait luckily only turned into over 5 weeks.

Hope this helps someone!

lisam1988
    Participant

passportpanic – I sent my passport for a standard adult renewal online. The photo I used was graded as ‘good’ by the online system. Another potential hold up for mine is I am applying for renewal 2.5 years early as I want to work abroad for a number of years and need the security of a ‘fresh’ passport that I don’t have to worry about expiring. I got a call from HMPO on 25th February enquiring about the early renewal but they were happy with my answer.

kel
    Participant

Hi All, I received my passport on Monday, 6 days after printing (22.03.22). My question is for anyone who has received their new passport. How long did it take for them to send back your supporting documents? Holiday booked for 8.04.22 with Irish Passport and need it back!

Keeper83
    Participant

@kel

We received approval on Monday 21st Narch, printing notification on 28th March, passport arrived 29th March and supporting docs 30th March (today). However ours were sent direct to an examiner due to a request for extra docs.

kel
    Participant

@keeper83

Thanks for the reply. When i submitted my documents i sent a note with them stating needing urgent return. I even went as far as writing to withdraw application on 17.3.22 as was worried documents wouldn’t be back in time. Really hope they come back this week so i can sigh with relieve.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by kel.
    elle12
    Participant

My passport has just come through the door!
    It was a really quick process, here is the timeline.

Application history

Passport delivered today (31st March around 1pm)
    Passport printed. 11:38am on 30 March 2022
    Application approved 8:55pm on 22 March 2022
    Documents received 6:14pm on 18 March 2022
    (* Royal Mail said old passport was signed for 15th March)
    Application received 1:25pm on 12 March 2022
    Application submitted 1:24pm on 12 March 2022

lisam1988
    Participant

8 weeks and 1 day after submitting my application it has finally been approved!!

Application submitted: 3rd February
    Application received: 4th February
    Doucments received: 15th February
    Application processing: 7th March
    Application approved: 1st April

Now for printing and sending! Hoping another week and I will have the passport in hand!

bubsxo
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone can help or offer advice but I’m on the verge of tears. To be honest I’ve cried already!

Pre warning, long post.

We’re going away on the 17th of April. I checked my passport and realised this was due to expire in July so paid for a standard renewal on the 14th of March. Silly now I know, however at the time the waiting times were only 3 weeks.

Total cost so far £75 + £6 signed for next day delivery of my old passport.

I rang up to check the progress on the 25th of March as they’d signed for the passport on the 16th and I’d had no updates. I was advised the timeframe now was 10 weeks, obviously not good enough.

The lady on the phone asked if my passport was damaged, I advised no as I had gone through the checklist on their site prior to paying the £75. All the pages were intact, however the front cover was slightly worn but there was nothing to suggest this was classed as damaged. When I advised her of this she said this changes things, when we receieve your documents (they were received 9 days prior) these would not be accepted as they are damaged and in order to get a passport on time now you must apply for a fast track.

She advised me to declare the passport as lost, which I did. Write a letter asking to withdraw the renewal and send this off signed for immediately, book a fast track appointment as soon as possible, and take a copy of the withdrawal letter, proof of postage of this letter, a lost passport reference number, a NEW application, and two photos one signed for, and that my previous application would be withdrawn in person and the new one processed immediately guaranteed for 7 days. The second i paid for the fast track my documents were miraculously received.

Total cost so far now;

£75 for old application
    £6 for signed for delivery of old passport
    £3 for signed for delivery of withdrawal letter received the 26th of March
    £8 for new passport photos
    £147 for a fast track appointment.
    £5 parking for FT.

Cue my appointment on the 30th at 9am. As soon as I got there I was advised I shouldn’t of declared the damage passport as lost, despite being told to. I queried whether a faded cover was actually as damaged but it was ignored. She took all my documents and said my old application is still live and won’t be withdrawn until the letter is attached. I told her this is why I’ve brought a copy of the letter so you can do it immediately. “Thats not how this works” (fyi about 10 people on twitter have done this and their applications have been withdrawn a refund issued and their fast tracks processed immediately). When I asked how long my FT would take, she shrugged and said usually 7 days but in your case longer. You can go now. And she stood up and simply walked off.

I left in floods of tears and immediately rang the advice line who agreed the information she gave me was wrong, I was due a refund, and my FT should of been approved. They were going to get someone to contact me back. A lovely chap rang back I explained the situation and he agreed her advice was incorrect. Told me to ignore everything she said and checked both applications. The fast track was now on the system so I should receive that by the 6th but he advised to ring Monday if I haven’t had a tracking number, and he checked that she did infact leave a note on my old application at 9.05 to cancel this and not to worry about my old application ant further. He passed the information onto complaints to get someone to contact me regarding a refund.

Todays latest drama is I received a text to say my old application which should be cancelled is being progressed. I rang to query this and again has to explain the whole situation. The lady confirmed the process of taking a letter to a FT appointment for immediate withdrawal was correct. She also advised me my passport was NOT damaged as faded front covers have to impact, and that my application has been a nightmare. Upon checking my old application she confirmed despite me asking for it to be cancelled it was now being processed with a NEW application date of the 30th of March. My fast track date. And that this would significantly delay things. I explained I cancelled this and paid an additional £147 to FT a new application and she agreed that it seems my old one hasn’t been cancelled and I will instead have to wait for this one. Furiously I agreed to wait 48 hours for a callback from resolutions.

Tonight I have received this update. They are sending me a letter as there’s been a problem with my OLD SUPPOSEDLY CANCELLED APPLICATION. and that I am not to contact them further until I receive the letter.

I’m due to fly in 16 days.
    So far I have paid over £220 in passport fees alone excluding postage fees etc.
    I have spoken to tons of people on twitter who in the same situation as me was given the same advice and their old applications withdrawn there and then and a new passport received in 6 days.
    However one guy did the same as me, they cancelled his fast track and processed his original application instead. No refunds nothing. Luckily he will receive this in time as his old application was months prior to mine.
    If they process my old one there’s no chance I’ll receive it in time, especially there’s now a supposed problem.

THIS IS WHY I CANCELLED AND PAID FOR A FAST TRACK.

Does anyone have any advice or guidance. I could cry. I have cried. I’m so fed up. Their call handlers lie down the phone, or tell you incorrect advice. Their hold times are ridiculous and the people who deal with your application are no better.

I’m going to be down a holiday and £250 out of pocket with no passport due to their terrible advice.

cjay
    Participant

Ring 0300 133 1973 tomorrow and ask to speak to someone from the customer service mgmt team. It’s a long wait (just under 2 hours), but the people on this number seem a bit more experienced.
    I had a similar situation, original application online went to Durham, fast track in person in London. Whenever I have called they had not been able to locate my fast track application which worried me, in hindsight I don’t think they even registered it despite taking payment. When I got through to the number above I explained that as I had now paid for the fast track service I wanted this to override my original application. They were having none of it. I could tell the call handler was lying as she was contradicting herself and claiming my withdrawal letter would not be accepted until they could verify it???? Despite me handing in a copy in person with my FT appointment!!!. I offered to email another copy and she said I couldn’t do this as it had to be a wet signature. Immediately after the call I printed two new withdrawal letters addressed to both the London and Durham offices and drove to the post office spending more money to send special delivery next day. By the time I’d got home (about an hour after the call ) my original application moved to approved (30/3/22). Now I’m worried they will get my withdrawal letter tomorrow having just approved it and take it out of processing.
    I called again and was told they would just ignore my withdrawal letter when it arrives. I’m now not so sure.
    I missed my flights today. Gutted as it’s cost me a fortune in lost flight cost (the cost to move dates and pay the increased fare plus admin fee was extortionate) , airport parking, Airbnb, car hire and other costs where I could only get partial or no refund. Costs are now at £1449. All week I’ve been in a rage about it. Now I just have to think about the bigger picture and how lucky I am to even be able to travel.

The only other thing to try would be to use web chat the minute it opens in the morning. If I log in bang on 8:00 it says lines are closed. 08:01 there will be a pause but you will get through (do not refresh screen once you have filled in form)just wait for an ‘agent’ to connect. 08:05 and you’ll start getting there “web chat is busy” message which lasts all day. You still have 14 days. Don’t give up – the surge for Easter holidays will be dropping off now so there is still hope 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by cjay.
    amirun87
    Participant

Hi my application for both children passports has been in processing since 17/03/22.

Someone lovely (Aaron) called back from the progress team yesterday and he said she he sent an email to Peterborough office (people managing my application) about my concerns added my travel date 06/05/22 and also added an alert on the file for the examiner.

Does this sound like a good sign? Would this progress forward from here? He said they should action but can’t give me a timeframe.

Should I continue to call everyday or just sit back and wait at this stage?

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.