New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Catrex
    Participant

We fly Monday. Applied for upgrade. They have now emailed the Durham team with urgent and compassionate request. Still nothing.

Can anyone tell me if Newport print passports on a Saturday?

Any advice on if I just turn up to Newport tomorrow? Application is with Durham.

Thank you for any help

hjiki
    Participant

when did you applu for an upgrade?

ideally go to the same place where your passport is being processed in this case durham

Catrex
    Participant

Durham is 6 hours away from me. Newport is the closest at 2 hours. X

ka8888
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve put an upgrade in on Monday however the lady in customer service lied as apparently unless you’ve been given an email address where to send evidence no upgrade would happen. The application was made May 2022. Upgrade and evidence sent on 30/6. Was promised a call 24 hours later for someone to take payment. Which has passed!
    We travel on 13/7 we’ve qued up at london however still in the que since 9:30. The application is been handled in Bootle so just taking a chance really.
    Spoke to someone from customer service whilst in the que who said there is a backlog and until the take payment it will just sit in the system.Once payment has been made then they will work on the application however not able to indicate when or how long this will take.

Mine was a simple child’s renewal.

Can anyone advise is it a good chance if I go to Liverpool 3.5 hours away they can print the passport there.?

Do you know if there working on departure dates, there are people in the que that are meant to be flying out within 24 hours with still no passport.

This so worrying & very concerning

Eskimo32
    Participant

Our application for a child renewal was also sent to Bootle on 27th April, travelling there isn’t an option for me as I live in Belfast. I hope you get sorted @ka8888 – I’m not travelling until 26th July but need passport number to apply for a visa, so I completely understand your concern. Keep us posted.

wb1979
    Participant

@ka8888 Did you manage to get it sorted today? I’m planning on heading to Peterborough on Monday if I haven’t heard anything more.

ka8888
    Participant

@wb1979

They turned us away, they stated that we should come back on 9th July. As we fly on the 13th, I think it cutting it to fine.

There were so many people that were turned away, as it’s classified as non-urgent. It appears that those that have appointments are given passports quicker or those that have sooner departure dates. I’m going to attempt and go to Liverpool and see. It’s 3.5 hours away but I’m not comfortable in waiting till the last minute.

I still haven’t been given a call back to get payment for the upgrade, they confirmed if no payment has been requested for, nothing will be done with the passport.

ka8888
    Participant

@wb1979 when do you fly out?
    Are your documents held in Peterborough? If so yes I think that’s your best bet.

Praying all works out for you!

wb1979
    Participant

Thank you.

My documents are in Glasgow but that is six hours away so I’m hoping that I’ll get somewhere just by going and waiting at Peterborough.

Kerend25
    Participant

Hi, we’re the same boat as everyone else. Waiting on my son’s renewal. Sent off at the end of April and flying out on the 11th July. Can anyone point me in the right direction for trying to upgrade his application? Not been able to speak to an actual human. Have sent an email and waiting on a response but any advice on how to go about getting an email address to request an upgrade or what I can to do to sort this would be hugely appreciated as I’m starting to panic now.

wb1979
    Participant

@kerend25 Do you know what office is dealing with it? You can call the passport advice line and find that out then email them directly. Mine was Glasgow at glasgowupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk but swap the location depending on where yours is. Include the name, DOB, reference number and attach proof of flight etc. You can also email expeditedservice@hmpo.gov.uk the same details.

Don’t expect to hear anything immediately but at least then the ball is rolling. Good luck, you still have plenty of time so I’m sure you will be ok.

Kerend25
    Participant

Thanks so much for your help! I sent his old passport to Belfast so I’ll try and inquire about it there.

M4nif5t
    Participant

Hello, I applied for a passport renewal on May 6th and was kept up to date with the tracking info – which basically said they had received my old passport. I am due to travel on July 5th. I read in this forum about the upgrade service. I contacted the passport office in London on Monday 27th June to find out where my passport was being processed, I was informed it was in Liverpool. I asked for the upgrade service and received an email confirming my request and stating that I should send proof of travel, name, ref no. etc to LiverpoolUpgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk and I would be contacted within 48 hours. I resent the email on 28th June as I had not received an email confirmation and was worried that they had not received it. On 29th & 30th June I received an email from the Liverpool upgrade team trying to contact me for payment. On 30th June I received a no caller ID call from the upgrade team – I made a payment of £101.50 over the phone and was told the passport can be collected today at 1300 in the London passport office. I am please to say that I have it in my possession!!! Thank you for all those who have shared their experiences on this forum. Indeed it has been a stressful process, but I do wish you all the best.

karenclay85
    Participant

Hi all, I’m new here and looking for some advice/reassurance. I sent 2 passport applications at the end of April and we are due to travel next Saturday, 9th July. I submitted an urgent application last Saturday and still not heard anything. Is there still a chance we will get these in time. I feel sick with worry, this is torture. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

xantherob
    Participant

Hi we were in same boat – flying this Monday and no word at all from upgrade team until 11.30 this morning- we paid for upgrade and picked up passport 3 hours later from nearest passport office. I really didn’t believe we were going to get it, so don’t give up hope – they seem to only phone at last possible moment!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.