New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    kasiajanik
    Participant

My partner actually gone to Peterborough 48hours before we travel, he was first in the que, anyway after the lady messed up with the date we’re travelling he’s been told he can come back next day to get his passport. Next day in the morning he’s had a phone call from Durham he’s passport is ready to be sent, my partner said to them if they can have it ready in Peterborough as that’s the closest office to us and they did. I wouldn’t wait for the phone call from them because they range us literally 12 hours before our travels, my advice is to travel to your closest office closer to your flight. When my partner asked them on the phone if he could go himself to the office they’ve told him they won’t help but they actually did

jlkk514
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m wondering if anyone has had any luck within these last two weeks of receiving an upgrade? Do you know how long they are taking to call people back? TIA

wb1979
    Participant

Everyone going through this awful experience has my sympathies. The stress it causes is unbelievable. We applied for my son’s passport in April, the website says documents were recorded as received on the 22nd April, and our holiday starts on 7th July.

On the advice of the helpline I sent an email requesting an upgrade to the Glasgow office exactly two weeks before our holiday, and received a confirmation email the following day. Since then we have heard nothing and as the holiday approaches we are all getting increasingly anxious. I have contacted my MP who has confirmed that the upgrade is in place but I am still planning on attending the passport office in person next week if we have not heard anything by then.

Keeping fingers crossed for you all.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by wb1979.
    jlkk514
    Participant

Hey! So I’ve got good news ! Someone rang from the upgrade team this morning & approved ! passport is already ready to collect from our closet passport office. For reference we are flying Monday 4th July X

wb1979
    Participant

Great news – what were the timescales on your case?

jlkk514
    Participant

Hey ! See below.

Application history

Status Date
    Passport printed 11:22am on 30 June 2022
    Application approved 10:31am on 30 June 2022
    Identity details receive 12:46pm on 6 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:35am on 6 May 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:34am on 6 May 2022
    Application submitted 7:34am on 6 May 2022

Eskimo32
    Participant

To anyone who landed down at their local passport office for help, can I ask if your application was initially sent to another office? Belfast is handy for me but my daughter’s application and old passport that needed renewed was sent to Bootle. And had you made an appointment or just gone down, hoping to be seen? Waiting since 27th April. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Eskimo32.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Eskimo32.
    hjiki
    Participant

hey i’m just really overwhelmed and stressed i’m flying on the 3rd Sunday July

1. when did you first contact the upgrades team? (was it 2 weeks before, 3 days before etc) ? please be specific ?
    2. when did you first submit a passport application ?
    3. other than the upgrades team contacting you to show your passport was approved when else did they contact you?
    4. did you receive an automatic reply email when you first sent ur details off ?

do you know any way to speed up the process

btw i really happy your passport was approved this is so stressful

hjiki
    Participant

my upgrade hasn’t been approved yet but i live less than 30mins away from london so my closest passport office is victoria PO in london however my upgrade is being processed in the belfast upgrade team which is northern ireland

hjiki
    Participant

which upgrade team did you go through? peterborough , belfast, durham etc

hjiki
    Participant

guys it’s approaching 48hours till i fly i have no choice but to approach the passport office do i go to the london victoria Passport office (closer to me) or the peterborough passport office (less likely to have ppl + queued according to priority order

the kick is that my upgrade service is being processed by the belfast team :/ and there is no way i can go to belfast so have to gamble and settle for alternatives such as peterborough and london victoria

Eskimo32
    Participant

@hjiki

I’ve been scouring these threads for weeks now, and getting increasingly anxious. From what I have seen, some people have been successful going to their local or closest passport office. I suppose if your documents are logged as having been received then they’re in the system and can be accessed. Im in Belfast, my daughter’s forms are in Bootle and there’s no way I can travel to Bootle’s office so I’d asked similar questions earlier. If they go by expediting after 10 weeks once documents have been received then I have another 10 days or so to wait, application was submitted on 27th April, documents received 4th May. Also waiting here for an Irish passport as we can have dual nationality here – forms and documents sent also on 27th April but documents not officially received until 24th May so I have to wait until they’ve had them for 8 weeks before they’ll consider expediting but there are no guarantees either. I hope you get sorted, keep us posted!

jlkk514
    Participant

Hey,

So I contacted the Liverpool Team exactly 2 weeks before we were due to travel. You need to get through to the progress team as they will send and internal email to the passport office dealing with your application. I’ve been told by them that this is a requirement to upgrade the passport but I can’t comment on that as I haven’t seen on any other thread people mentioning this. I did however receive an email from the progress team confirming that they had submitted the request.

You need to email the correct upgrades team (whichever office is dealing with your application.) They will be able to choose your closest office to print your passport at. I would email the belfast upgrade team again & mark it as ‘URGENT – TRAVEL 3RD JULY 2022’. Be sure to include proof of outbound & return flights & accomadation.

Alternatively you could make your way to the London office & see if they are able to help.

Good luck !!

jlkk514
    Participant

Hey !

This is on the email from the upgrades team. If you meet the below I would submit your request now!

“We can only consider upgrading an application if both of the following criteria are met:

· you submitted your application at least 6 weeks ago; and
    · you have evidence to show you need a passport in the next 2 weeks.”

hjiki
    Participant

I’m actually at the London passport office rn i waited over 3hours got seen by someone and they said that since my passport is done by post instead of online, it is harder. (idk what that means)

did you apply for your passport online or by post?

the London team apparently contacted the Belfast team and is waiting for a response, so they said i have to just wait for a call that may or may not arrive either today or tomorrow

I’m just hoping something works out…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.