New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    kjr194
    Participant

I told them about it asked if they wanted to see it she just said no. Wasn’t interested at all

Rich F
    Participant

Hi, just one quick question for people on here with more experience: If you’re visiting a passport office within 48 hours of travel to expedite it 1) can you do it without an appointment and 2) does it have to be the office that is processing the application, or can it be any passport office? (mine was sent to Belfast!)

Thanks in advance!

ns1972
    Participant

I’ve just got off the phone to the number posted above 0300 330 0901. We travel first thing next Tuesday.

I was put through to the very helpful upgrade team, who told me to do the following things (after many weeks of going round and round in circles).

1. They will tell you to email the office that is dealing with your request. The online portal might tell you this – phoning the above certainly will. This is in the form of ‘belfastupgradeteam@hmpo.org.uk.

2. Provide the following information:
    SUBJECT – Date of Travel [but if you are travelling early in the morning put the previous days date]. Do not put any more information in the subject line.

3. In the body write:
    Full name of person applying for passport
    PEX number
    Your name and contact details(if it is for your child etc – this will only work if you are mentioned on the application)

IMPORTANT NOTE – write a sentence to explain why you have put a different date in the subject line IF you are travelling in the early morning. I wrote – PLEASE NOTE – Date of travel is 12 July 2022 BUT travel is at 7am on that date so passport must be received by 11 July 2022 at the latest.

GOOD LUCK

JenLJ
    Participant

How do you ask to pick up a passport in person?

I’ve just been told by nice lady on the Advice Line 0300 222 0000 (less than 5 mins on hold) that my passport went to print yesterday. I fly Tues. She said it might take a week to receive, and I just had to wait.

Adult Renewal Application (Post office check and send) – sent 25/4
    Text from HMPO saying received application – 13/5
    No other communication from HMPO – I emailed the Peterborough Upgrade Team twice with flight evidence (no response), chased on phone lines, and via MP (who said they’d also contacted HMPO for me) to get the above news.

ka8888
    Participant

Good Morning,

I had a call yesterday from the upgrade team to say my passport will be printed on the 7th and sent first class and will arrive on Friday 8th she did give me the option of collecting today at london Victoria.

My intention was to turn up on Saturday as I leave on 13/7.

I did actually ask about delivery time scales she said passports are always sent 1st class.

JenLJ
    Participant

Thanks – I called the Advice Line 3x this morning. The last person said that as my passport is being printed in a secret/centralised location, the only way to now receive it is via TNT, as it won’t be at any passport office. I’ve emailed the Peterborough Upgrade Team again asking to pick it up in person. I think I’ll go tomorrow to Peterborough, as I haven’t (yet) had any official text/email from HMPO saying my passport is being printed.

dibdob59
    Participant

@JenLJ

Would you mind keeping us advised of how you get on if/when you go to Peterborough please? Thank you

Eskimo32
    Participant

Still no joy here and no call back from the Progress Team after Advice Line couldn’t find details of my daughter’s application on their system – was posted on 27th April and documents received 4th May but no update on the tracker since then. But – good news in that because I’m in Belfast we can have dual nationality as born on the island of Ireland so the new Irish passport is on its way after just 6 weeks, compared to 10+ weeks for British renewal! Takes pressure off for our upcoming holiday but still furious at this total shambles with HMPO and still out of pocket.

JenLJ
    Participant

@dibdob59 – I’ve just had a confirmation email and text from HMPO (55 days after their receipt of my application text; 73 days since I sent it hard copy via PO Check&Send) that my passport is being printed and should be with me “within a few working days”.

I think a trip to Peterborough would now be a waste of time and I’m worried TNT might try to deliver when I’m not there. I think I just have to sit tight and hope it arrives tomorrow or Sat – some people on tis forum seem to receive them next day, others in 4+ days – just hoping its the former.

nonum
    Participant

Somethings is happening at last…

Phone call this morning to say 2 passports are being looked at now and should be printed today and sent out Yay!!!! (Travel next Thursday). Was advised other passport at different office so need to try and contact them. called the main line straight after and got attempted to be put through, then told they too busy at moment so call back at 12:00. 10 mins later got confirmation emails that the two passports have been approved and awaiting delivery.

So 1 week left till travel, should get 2/3 next 2 days. Just the last one to keep chasing now so fingers crossed!!!

hjiki
    Participant

i would suggest going on friday and then saturday

this is because all HMPO’s are closed on sunday thus if you are travelling on monday once you hit friday according to HMPO you hit the 48hour window, bring flight evidence

i’m also telling you to go on friday early because sometimes some passports take a day to print so if you go on friday you have a higher chance of getting a passport on saturday (in time)

PS: i did the same thing last week and it worked
    went on ; friday
    told me i couldn’t collect till sat, so collected on sat

flew out on sunday

also, was your passport application by post or online?

hjiki
    Participant

1, did you get an automatic response email from the upgrade team stating they received it?

2. it would be best if they come with you but worst case scenario write a letter that clearly states that your wife etc has given permission to collect passport

3. if you still haven’t received passport and it’s within 48hours of travel go to HMPO and they can ‘speed it up

would you mind telling me the exact date you travel?

hjiki
    Participant

my documents was in the belfast team but closest was victoria, i knew i couldn’t travel to belfast so i had to settle for victoria and hoped something happened

i also applied by post

the lady told me i had to wait longer to receive a call since there was discrepency between my doc location (belfast) basically belfast team had to look and agree for victoria to do anything

waited over 4 houts for the belfast team to give the go ahead and then received my passport a day later

so i say ideally go where document is located but you are still able to receive passport from any H MPO even if doc is different

hjiki
    Participant

my documents was in the belfast team but closest was victoria, i knew i couldn’t travel to belfast so i had to settle for victoria and hoped something happened

i also applied by post

the lady told me i had to wait longer to receive a call since there was discrepency between my doc location (belfast) basically belfast team had to look and agree for victoria to do anything

waited over 4 houts for the belfast team to give the go ahead and then received my passport a day later

so i say ideally go where document is located but you are still able to receive passport from any HMPO even if doc is different

hjiki
    Participant

call back ASAP and ask for collection then go to nearest HMPO and collect it

call ASAP because once a passport has been sent for delivery i’m pretty sure they don’t allow collection, since that means they will have to print 2 copies

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.