New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Dandaney
    Participant

How long did everyone have to wait for their callback from the upgrade team to take payment? Spoke to the upgrade team on Friday who said I would get a call back to take payment but had nothing since then. I fly a week tomorrow. Also, anyone not had the call back at all? What was the next step for you? Turn up at the passport office?

My worst fear is they print the passport and we miss our flights while it is in transit. Thanks, and good luck everyone.

harvy2020
    Participant

Just an update that called me Friday AM just gone thank god did not miss call, was asked which office I wanted to collect from and went on Saturday Peterborough.

Was many folks turning up but turned away as they were told nobody from upgrades team was available, they had to come back Monday morning and some of those folks was saying they are flying Monday!

harvy2020
    Participant

Sorry just a reminder for folks

thanks all great info and I know what needs to be done now….

First New Child Passport
    Submitted 5th May and everything was done within 24hrs, documents sent within 48hrs by recorded post.
    The flying out date is 15th July.

However still waiting, was told about the 2 week process over a call, and got in touch Friday gone, we had the confirmation email of the upgrade request and evidence sent of flight details, now await the phone call, reading this forum chances are will be waiting forever, fingers crossed it is this week or early next!

But based on everything said here I will need to travel up to the Newport office on Wed 13th 🙁

Anyone been at newport? was you ok getting a passport printed on day?

Toby
    Participant

I sent my email to the upgrade team last Wednesday and am supposed to be going Sunday.

Does people that have gone to the office thinks its worth me going to the office tomorrow with my documents to chase it up?

hjiki
    Participant

what number did you all call in order to put your child in the urgent HMPO list?

COLANDJO73
    Participant

I called yesterday to ask for my child renewal application to be upgraded as we fly in 11 days and 10 weeks had passed since application. Guy was very helpful, filled in all the information for me and said he would send it and mark it as urgent. He said I will hear from the upgrade team in the next 24-48 hours (although he couldn’t guarantee it wouldn’t be longer than that).
    I called the main line again this morning just to check it had all been sent over and the guy this time said their systems were different to the upgrade team and was somehow unable to check if it had actually been sent! Not very reassuring.

kjr194
    Participant

Right news for anyone waiting on passport!!!!!

I got mine rushed through in 1 day after waiting 9 weeks today I picked it up.

I got my travel agent to send me a email stating I need my passport on the 14th. So 2 days ahead of the current date. Then rang up and told the passport office I have received this email and need to be upgraded. Then I emailed the upgrade team with my holiday details ( not until 4th august flight) and the email from my travel agents ( stating I needed to take passport in for the 14th) I was woken up to a no caller Id call this morning asking me to go pick it up free of charge. I had it by 12:15 today. This may work for other people. Worth a try.

sazzle
    Participant

Hi,

I have been shoved from pillar to post about my passport:
    23rd May: application received
    Then it said it was progressing and now this notification has disappeared!

Called up for an upgrade as I am travelling in 8 days and my application was put in over 7 weeks ago. Have spoken to someone on the phone (after having to already wait 48 hours for a callback and then after being called back was put back on hold for 2 hours!) who has requested my upgrade and told me to send an email to Liverpool office and would receive a call within 48 hours. Has now been 3 days!

Is it worth going to Liverpool office day before hols if the upgrade doesn’t progress do you think?

Any advice welcome please I am PANICKING!!!!!

ns1972
    Participant

Hi Sazzle

However worried you are, I wouldn’t panic yet! If you have contacted the office who is dealing with your application they will get back to you providing they know when you are travelling. The Belfast office got back to me three and a half days before I was travelling and I was able to arrange to pick the passport up the next day (make sure you arrange to do this and don’t leave it to chance with a courier. It is worth bearing in mind that experience on this forum suggests that if you travel to an office in person you won’t be seen at the passport office until 48 hours before your flight.

josh182
    Participant

Hi Sazzle, my situation is similar to yours. I applied on the 21st May, application went to Liverpool office, and am due to travel tomorrow. I just received a call that I can go today to pick up the passport. Hopefully that means they are very close to getting to yours too. In the two weeks since I contacted the upgrade team I had received no updates (sent the email to the team, no reply, no phone call, nothing) so had given up hope and then today out of the blue I got the call that it’s ready.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by josh182.
    kjr194
    Participant

If you go liverpool office a day before travel with all your documents and Identification and stuff you will get it

hjiki
    Participant

would you mind telling me the exact day your travelling?

also the upgrades team work by the date of travel so they may just contact you 2days or even a day before your flight

hjiki
    Participant

I don’t want to stress you out but I’m pretty sure you have to send some info off from your side as well

also would you mind telling me your date of travel?

hjiki
    Participant

yes the 48hour thingy does help

however given your circumstances (some info not being verified etc) idk how effective this will be but honestly speaking it is worth a shot you should do it

sazzle
    Participant

Thank you Josh that gives me some hope!
    Hjiki – I am travelling on 22nd July – what do you mean by my info not being verified?
    My progress is currently:

Identity details received 6:36pm on 23 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:40pm on 23 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:32pm on 23 May 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 4:28pm on 23 May 2022
    Application submitted 4:28pm on 23 May 2022

Would I be able to queue up at Peterborough if my passport is being run through Liverpool? As I live in Peterborough!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.